Talk

Advanced search

Nice or naff to ask for charitable donations?

(7 Posts)
anothercoldcupoftea Sun 08-Nov-09 17:57:05

Hi there - I'm just getting everyone else's prezzie lists together, but the one that always causes me grief is mine. I can't think of anything that I really want, so I was thinking about setting up a justgiving page and asking for donations to a charity. Would you be a bit hmm if you were asked to do this instead of get a prezzie, or would you think it was very christmassy? Cheers

mogs0 Sun 08-Nov-09 18:12:36

I would be happy to donate. However, I tried asking for something similar 2 years ago and no-one would do it.

posieparker Sun 08-Nov-09 18:14:39

No I would be delighted, my sister once received a charity donation of a goat or something from someone who was more than happy, and didn't let on, to receive gifts for themselveshmm.

anothercoldcupoftea Mon 09-Nov-09 13:32:11

Okey dokey, thanks. I think I'll give it a go then and see if anyone I know has the true spirit of Christmas in them then wink

MrsJohnDeere Mon 09-Nov-09 14:17:49

I've asked for this for the last few years. I can't think of anything I want or need for myself so it makes more sense if people insist on getting something.

JoeJoe1977 Mon 09-Nov-09 14:20:53

i think the idea of charity gifts is good, but always like to give a personal gift as well. This year it's beehives and/or beekeeper hats(from Christian Aid) together with a bee/ladybird bouse to go in the recipients garden and a pack of seeds for bee friendly flowers.

Bzzzzzzzzzzz!

JoeJoe1977 Mon 09-Nov-09 14:21:55

Of course I mean house not bouse, typing not easy, fingers very chilly today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now