Talk

Advanced search

which trike is the best?

(7 Posts)
Niknan Wed 22-Oct-08 21:05:26

Thinking of buying my 15 month DS a trike for Christmas. Anyone got any recommendations as there are quite a few on the market?

DesperateHousewifeToo Wed 22-Oct-08 21:25:18

kettler

OllieWollieWoo Wed 22-Oct-08 21:31:30

We've been v impressed with the Berchet Easy Rider one - John Lewis used to sell it but don't think they do anymore. Mumsnet has a review of various ones on their review pages which may be useful?

swampster Wed 22-Oct-08 21:46:25

I second the Kettler - but it has to be the one with air tyres for a smooth ride.

acoady Thu 23-Oct-08 21:01:20

I know your ds is only 15 months but I would really recommend a like a bike. My ds got a kokua one when he was about 18 months old. It really helped him to gain his balance, so much so that when we bought him a real bike at age 3.5 he was able to ride it straight away without stabilisers, and without falling off once! grin

DesperateHousewifeToo Thu 23-Oct-08 22:04:14

Trouble with the balance bikes at that age is that the parent has no control over where the child goes.

This is fine if just out for a walk but a pain if you actually have to get somewheresmile

swampster Fri 24-Oct-08 00:00:01

This thread is starting to feel a little bit deja vu to me.

I agree, balance bike (or mini-micro scooter).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now