Talk

Advanced search

Reborn doll?

(13 Posts)
Sosie91 Sun 10-Sep-17 07:20:43

My nearly 5 yo has an obsession with reborn babies, she would love one for Christmas. Does anyone know anywhere I can buy a beautiful baby that doesn't cost the earth? Xx

MuddlingThroughLife Sun 10-Sep-17 07:41:18

I bought my two Berenguer dolls from eBay (about 10 yrs ago now mind) for £40 & £45. These are apparently the dolls that are used to make the reborns, so already quite life like. I bought lots of newborn baby clothes rather than doll clothes which helped make them even more realistic. I have no clue how to upload a photo sorry so can't show you what they looked like.

Isadora2007 Sun 10-Sep-17 09:15:28

I bought small ones (twins) off eBay and whilst they weren't actually reborn full designer ones they were smaller dolls that had been refilled and painted and added eyelashes etc so were perfect for dd two years ago. It was someone's nursery on eBay iirc.
I wouldn't pay tonnes for a full one as they are big to handle and difficult for wee ones.

Supermagicsmile Sun 10-Sep-17 13:02:24

Mary Shortle of York sell dolls including reborns. They are online but also in store! smile

Bonelessbanquet Sun 10-Sep-17 13:04:32

I got DDs from the Bradford exchange company, think it was £100 but she loves her head to noise etc, there was cheaper options on the website. At the time (2 years ago ) it was the cheapest I could find for the size etc

Bonelessbanquet Sun 10-Sep-17 13:04:54

That should say moves her head

Sosie91 Mon 11-Sep-17 19:05:32

Thanks everyone. She had the newborn berengeur doll last year and a tiny treasure. I don't mind spending £100 if it's good quality. Xx

combatbarbie Tue 12-Sep-17 19:08:20

I paid £109 for my older daughters a couple of years ago and it's now my youngests , it's an eBay mum/son Seller

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182723649813

LITTLE MISS PRINCESS NEW GREAT CHILD`S 1ST REBORN BABY DOLL BY SUNBEAMBABIES

Thank Mon 25-Sep-17 23:35:25

Interested in this as well. I got dd the rub a dub dub doll by Aston Drake last year cause she wanted washable reborn, which doesn't exist! This year she still wants a reborn! So it doesn't have to be washable but she wants it real like! I am looking for a lifelike doll, floppy head, soft body etc and I don't mind paying 100£ But it's hard to tell what they are really like online. It that little miss princess floppy like a " real doll"?

Rosieirene69 Wed 25-Oct-17 13:23:58

My little cousin Chloe has two Mary shortle dolls for sale, My aunties paid £375 for one and £400 for the other. They have been so well looked after and treated like real babies there's not a mark on them she's just outgrown them smile if your interested you could send me a message through WhatsApp I think she wanted £150 each for them x

XJerseyGirlX Wed 25-Oct-17 13:26:06

The Bradford Exchange - They do beautiful dolls, their customer service is great and the prices are very good. My DD loves hers

Rosieirene69 Wed 25-Oct-17 13:28:18

There's a boy and a girl with soft bodies and floppy heads, personally I think they are scarily real she's actually had people pull her saying should you really be holding a baby like that at your age in the past grin it's such a good price for something that really does cost the world! X

Grammy78 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:45:55

Sosie91 what are the Tiny Treasure dolls like? My daughter wants a boy and a girl for her birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now