Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used 'Cook' for their Christmas Dinner?

(7 Posts)
ShesAStar Fri 23-Sep-16 14:20:16

We are hosting Christmas this year and would love to minimise the amount of time cooking, preparing etc. I remember last year Cook were doing a Christmas package - anyone tried it? What did you think?

BowiesBlueEye Fri 23-Sep-16 14:29:24

MIL ordered this 2 years ago. It was ok...the desserts were delicious but the potatoes weren't as nice as home made ones.

ShesAStar Fri 23-Sep-16 14:33:33

Hmmm, the potatoes are important, was the turkey nice?

BowiesBlueEye Fri 23-Sep-16 14:37:16

If I'm completely honest I don't really remember. Last year we did it all from Aldi and it was bloody lovely.

The year we had Cooks stuff I do remember everyone grabbing the homemade roasties that I'd made to top up. The veg sides were all a bit meh too.

Highly recommend the lemon roulade though!

Merrylegs Fri 23-Sep-16 14:51:54

I am veggie and was hosting last year so I ordered the stuffed turkey crown, pigs in blankets and gravy. The meat eaters said it was delicious. I also got the nut roast which was really good actually - said it served three but actually served 5 easily and was v tasty. I did my own veg but my roast pots took aaages sharing the oven with the crown.

Paffle Fri 23-Sep-16 14:56:55

I've done it and also eaten it at PILs'. It's ok but not yummy, scrummy. But quite easy obvs.

roseteapot101 Fri 23-Sep-16 15:06:22

handy tip leg of lamb is delicious in the slow cooker and leave more room in oven.250ml hot water with a beef oxo,chopped onion the lamb and lea perins high 6hrs

pork shoulder can also be done 250ml hot water with a chicken oxo,onion low 8-10hrs

they taste great and make cooking so much easier .Make a trifle for dessert these can be made day before and kept in fridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now