Talk

Advanced search

Royal mail letter to santa

(8 Posts)
HeadDreamer Tue 01-Dec-15 16:11:37

DD posted a letter to santa using this address from this

www.royalmail.com/letters-to-santa

I put a 2nd class stamp onto it. The letter came back today, unopened. Luckily she weren't with me or she'd be gutted. What is supposed to happen? I assume my local post office is useless and isn't sending the letters to santa? Has anyone got a santa letter back?

BloodyDogHairs Tue 01-Dec-15 16:14:25

I sent off 2 letters, I received a reply back for one DC today.

HeadDreamer Tue 01-Dec-15 16:15:22

Did you actually write a letter? DD is only 4yo and drew a picture. Do you put your reply address inside? Or at the back of the envelope?

I might sneakily do one for her. It's not too late yet.

Pommes Tue 01-Dec-15 16:15:36

I've done this too. Posted last weekend, not yet received a reply. Will let you know if/when I do.

Pommes Tue 01-Dec-15 16:16:53

OP, the NSPCC do one too for a £5 donation. You can apply for that online.

GlowWine Tue 01-Dec-15 16:17:40

We did and it worked, to exactly that address, 2nd class. we got replies this year (unlike two years ago...). Did she manage to write the address in the wrong place, was her return address too prominent?

HeadDreamer Tue 01-Dec-15 16:21:06

Did she manage to write the address in the wrong place, was her return address too prominent?

I wrote it at the back of the envelope. Maybe I've written too large?

So all I needed to do is write an empty envelope, with our address at the back, and put a stamp on it? I assume the guys at royal mail isn't going to open the letters?

BloodyDogHairs Tue 01-Dec-15 16:32:35

I wrote the letters for my 2 DC's (age 1&3) I put the addresses and names in the top right hand corner of the paper. The reply I got today was addressed to my 1yr old but since she doesn't understand I told my 3 yr old it was his.

Tbh the replies aren't that great, you'd be better doing your own then post it to your dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now