Talk

Advanced search

Best cheap mp3 player for audio books?

(7 Posts)
fuzzpig Tue 10-Nov-15 19:44:50

Rather sick of the laptop being used every night for audio books. But a shuffle wouldn't work as obviously the story tracks need to be played in order! I have a speaker already so was just thinking about a cheap player so I can transfer the files onto that. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Welshcyclist Tue 10-Nov-15 20:56:08

We have a Sandisk Clip sport, it was about £28 from Amazon. My ds loves it and has lots of music and audiobooks on it.

Bimblywibble Tue 10-Nov-15 23:52:39

We gave our 4 year old my old phone. We priced up getting him a new mp3 player but they either had no screen or were £50+. The phone was more or less free, has an inbuilt speaker, and has a screen so he could use the album covers to navigate his music before he could read.

We just bought a new battery for about £8 and he was good to go.

FireInTheDisco Wed 11-Nov-15 09:06:39

We got my DDad the Sansa Clip + a couple of years ago. He loves it and enjoys that it has a radio too. Audio files are added via copy and paste if I remember correctly.

Finnellajoe Wed 11-Nov-15 12:32:50

My son uses a shuffle. You can turn the shuffle mode off! He is getting an iPod touch though this year but has used the shuffle for a couple of years.

Finnellajoe Wed 11-Nov-15 12:34:00

We only put one story at a time on though as it is harder to navigate as no screen.

fuzzpig Wed 11-Nov-15 17:45:10

My son uses a shuffle. You can turn the shuffle mode off!

Whoooaaa... you've blown my mind. A non-shuffling shuffle grin

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: