Talk

Advanced search

Leapfrog platinum

(3 Posts)
2plus1plusL1 Sun 25-Oct-15 18:23:32

I was thinking about getting the leapfrog platinum for 4 year old DD - she wants an iPad which is not getting but I wondered if the leapfrog platinum was a good alternative. Any views? or other suggestions also welcome

00100001 Sun 25-Oct-15 20:05:38

get her a hudl - very good tablet, relatively cheap, and will be better than the leappad.

EmGee Sun 25-Oct-15 20:47:27

I have bought the Leappad Ultra for DD1 (almost 6). She is not very techy and only uses the iPad for watching Youtube Disney stuff so I think she will probably quite like the Leappad. I thought it would be a good for helping her with reading, maths etc and it is also much more sturdy than a tablet. Her younger sister will also use it so I think we will get some mileage out of it.

The Leappad Platinum is about 80 pounds on Amazon now. I got the Ultra for 60. Probably paid too much for it but it seems to have hovered at that price for a while now.

I'm not techy at all but if I was, I would probably go for a basic tablet. I like the fact that Leapfrog have done all the work for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now