Talk

Advanced search

Giving money for Christmas

(7 Posts)
supermodel Tue 02-Dec-14 20:39:42

Am giving dd main present of money for Christmas and thought it would make this slightly more interesting if I got a big cheque printed a bit like the sort you see being handed over for charity although not as large. Have enquired at local printers who can do it for a reasonable price if I can do the artwork. I am struggling to find an image online that I can fill in details on. Have found $ but not £, does anyone have any ideas?

WeAllHaveWings Tue 02-Dec-14 22:29:04

Can they enlarge a cheque out of your own cheque book?

ReallyBadParty Tue 02-Dec-14 22:31:05

Not being funny, but does she know what a cheque is?!

Mine would be puzzled, I think. Cheques are a bit like records fir them grin

steppemum Tue 02-Dec-14 23:10:34

if cheque doesn't work, how about a money tree?
Small Christmas tree, with money tied on the branches, (sellotape works for coins to attach them)

Or put the money in something, like gloves with the fingers full of cash. Or a jewellry box with money instead of jewels?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 03-Dec-14 11:54:29

My DS is a challenge hmm to buy for but he's a saver (which is nice)

I've put a new £50 note tied in a red ribbon in a gift box for him - which he opened with Gollum~esque glee.

This year I'm giving him Microsoft Points (on a receipt) , gift vouchers and cash.
In gift boxes .

Arlagirl Wed 03-Dec-14 11:56:04

Dcs are getting money too...I've put cash in home made cracker

Whereisegg Wed 03-Dec-14 12:05:23

Dd is getting cash, I'm attaching notes to the spokes of an umbrella so the hang down when she opens it, but then I'm not weird about opening umbrellas indoors wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now