Talk

Advanced search

Christmas cake decorations/toppers

(8 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Fri 28-Nov-14 10:51:32

Hi there - I was hoping to pick up some decorations for Christmas cake today but was hoping to get the from the high street rather than online.

Does anyone know where is stocking them?

TIA

lucysmam Fri 28-Nov-14 18:10:30

Do you have a local market? The cake stall on ours sells all sorts of Christmas cake decs smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 28-Nov-14 19:50:57

What are you looking for ?

Sainsburys sell the icing (edible) sugar decorations (I bought some snowmen to put on pale blue icing on cakes in The Snowman cases)

Hobbycraft sell cake decorations

The Range (but I think non-edible ones)

There were some snowflake cutters in Lakeland that I bought and some roll out icing (I'm planning a white royal icing with white cut out snowflakes dusted with silver or gold lustre powder)

We have an indoor market, I will have a look there tomorrow like lucysmam suggested.

lucysmam Fri 28-Nov-14 20:18:26

I looked in The Range last weekend but didn't see anything I fancied.

Supermarkets sometimes sell little icing figures (I know Asda did last
year for a couple of pounds).

BettyFocker Fri 28-Nov-14 23:56:10

I bought some from Lakeland a few weeks ago. They had quite a large range.

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 29-Nov-14 01:11:50

Thanks all - shall have a look smile

MrsLindor Sat 29-Nov-14 08:59:41

Google cake craft shops, I'm sure there'll be one near you, lots more choice and someone on hand with advice. Ours is an Aladdins cave.

Thanks for the reminder i need cake boards smile

oobedobe Sat 29-Nov-14 20:07:54

I am using the small plastic Frozen figures from DD1's 'busy book' (which we got from WH Smith last Christmas), keep having to hide them from the kids so they don't go missing before Christmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now