Talk

Advanced search

Real christmas trees and underfloor heating

(7 Posts)
Loueytb3 Thu 27-Nov-14 08:18:18

Is it a bad idea? DH thinks so, but I would really like one this year. He thinks it will heat the water up and the needles will drop off quicker.

girlywhirly Thu 27-Nov-14 10:47:09

You could stand the tub on something to insulate if you are worried, but I don't think it will be a problem unless the floor feels hot to the touch (as a radiator would.) I think keeping the room air temperature from getting too hot would help protect the tree more.

crje Thu 27-Nov-14 12:38:06

They don't last for long.

I am a real tree lover but this yr I bought a fake one.

AtlanticDrift Thu 27-Nov-14 13:50:43

Never had a problem. Its our 6 christmas in this house. Tree always lasts ages

missorinoco Thu 27-Nov-14 13:53:54

Don't buy it too early in the season. Ours looked very sorry for itself after three weeks last year. We also keep the thermostat down.

Fresh01 Thu 27-Nov-14 15:29:54

We had one for a couple of years then got a decent looking artificial tree instead.

Put a mat under tree to reduce heat.

Agree they only look good for 3 weeks and that is with regular watering. We usually get ours at start of dec and they were fairly patchy by xmas day let alone early jan.

Loueytb3 Thu 27-Nov-14 19:42:35

Pah. It's a really warm room even without the underfloor heating. Perhaps I may have to compromise on a fake one there and a smaller real one elsewhere in the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now