Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for Christmas school fayre stall

(11 Posts)
RiseAndWhine Thu 20-Nov-14 18:09:11

I would quite like to do stall at DS's school Fayre in a couple of weeks, I am really keen on sewing - usually large cushions, quilts and bags but as it is school children (primary age) I want to do pocket money things that will be cheap to make and therefore cheap to sell, they need to be items that I can make a lot of in a short amount of time.

Any ideas??? One thing I did think of was stuffed lovehearts for pin cushions or just to hang for about £2.00 or £2.50...

PesoPenguin Thu 20-Nov-14 18:11:23

A tiny stocking with a mini chocolate bar in?

profpoopsnagle Thu 20-Nov-14 18:15:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_FRvy6WjU

Or even sell kits for these that the children can make themselves as pressies.

iklboo Thu 20-Nov-14 18:15:50

Little Xmas tree ornaments - eg felt snowmen, robins, angels, Santa etc? I love to buy a new handmade ornament every year so I'd be looking for something like that.

SouthernOne Thu 20-Nov-14 18:24:39

I second the hand made tree decs

RiseAndWhine Thu 20-Nov-14 20:14:00

Great ideas!

Think I will do the felt stocking with a mini choc bar or sweetie in and do little felt kits so that the children can make them at home.

StuntCodPiece Thu 20-Nov-14 20:20:59

My dd (6) would love a stuffed loveheart to hang from a door handle etc.

PesoPenguin Thu 20-Nov-14 20:39:15

I used the mini dairy milk bars when I did it with my class I'm sure yours will look much better for some reason they seem Christmassy to me!

UniS Thu 20-Nov-14 23:34:06

Little felt Christmas trees/ snowmen/ penguins with a few sequins on and a safety pin on the back , sell as a Christmas badge/ brooch. suits both boys and girls.

justhereforchristmas Fri 21-Nov-14 05:10:21

these are really easy to make and involve no sewing, cut cutting. If you google candy cane mice you should be able to get a free template.

Allalonenow Fri 21-Nov-14 05:32:35

Bunting in Christmas colours, or in white/silver, glue on some sequins!

Ojos de dios make super tree decorations, just do simple ones as time is short.

You could stuff some of the hearts with dried lavender, a fab present for a Mum or Gran.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now