Talk

Advanced search

How wrong is it to buy a present for someone else, that you will benefit from?

(10 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Thu 08-Nov-12 16:43:40

I saw a Teasmade reduced in a shop today, and oh my God I want it! Dh and I both love a brew in the morning, would it be completely wrong to buy it for him for Xmas?

hanahsaunt Thu 08-Nov-12 16:47:46

I frequently sometimes buy dh gifts that happen to be just what was needed/desired in the house; he doesn't always realise grin. A teasmade is a very thoughtful present!

anja1cam Thu 08-Nov-12 16:57:49

I think that's fair grin esp if he does like tea in the morning (is he the one who makes it?). Or you could make it a 'family' present, I frequently do that with things that I want and everyone will benefit from grin. DH would never think of something like that...

WowOoo Thu 08-Nov-12 17:05:44

I often buy stuff that I think both Dh and i will like - DVD's, CDs etc
Go for it and enjoy your cuppas.

RockySpeed Thu 08-Nov-12 17:15:56

I bought Harry Hill tickets for his birthday this year, hopefully DH will take me!

<crosses fingers>

pigleychez Thu 08-Nov-12 17:21:40

DH has Milton Jones tickets for xmas. He doesn't know yet but he's taking me! grin

Looking at tickets for a musical for my mum too. I know my dad wont go so I may just have to go along myself! smile

MamaPizza Thu 08-Nov-12 19:36:58

Oh yes, you must get it! DHs present arrived today, I so can't wait to use it myself grin

chaosisawayoflife Thu 08-Nov-12 20:34:54

Thank you everyone, you all gave exactly the right answer! God, I can't wait for my cuppas in bed!

Campari Fri 09-Nov-12 04:01:25

Holy moly where can I buy a teasmaid?! grin

chaosisawayoflife Fri 09-Nov-12 09:30:13

Here!
I saw one in Robert dyas clearance for £40 but decided to go for a refurbished one for£30 from ebay. So excited!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: