Talk

Advanced search

How wrong is it to buy a present for someone else, that you will benefit from?

(10 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Thu 08-Nov-12 16:43:40

I saw a Teasmade reduced in a shop today, and oh my God I want it! Dh and I both love a brew in the morning, would it be completely wrong to buy it for him for Xmas?

hanahsaunt Thu 08-Nov-12 16:47:46

I frequently sometimes buy dh gifts that happen to be just what was needed/desired in the house; he doesn't always realise grin. A teasmade is a very thoughtful present!

anja1cam Thu 08-Nov-12 16:57:49

I think that's fair grin esp if he does like tea in the morning (is he the one who makes it?). Or you could make it a 'family' present, I frequently do that with things that I want and everyone will benefit from grin. DH would never think of something like that...

WowOoo Thu 08-Nov-12 17:05:44

I often buy stuff that I think both Dh and i will like - DVD's, CDs etc
Go for it and enjoy your cuppas.

RockySpeed Thu 08-Nov-12 17:15:56

I bought Harry Hill tickets for his birthday this year, hopefully DH will take me!

<crosses fingers>

pigleychez Thu 08-Nov-12 17:21:40

DH has Milton Jones tickets for xmas. He doesn't know yet but he's taking me! grin

Looking at tickets for a musical for my mum too. I know my dad wont go so I may just have to go along myself! smile

MamaPizza Thu 08-Nov-12 19:36:58

Oh yes, you must get it! DHs present arrived today, I so can't wait to use it myself grin

chaosisawayoflife Thu 08-Nov-12 20:34:54

Thank you everyone, you all gave exactly the right answer! God, I can't wait for my cuppas in bed!

Campari Fri 09-Nov-12 04:01:25

Holy moly where can I buy a teasmaid?! grin

chaosisawayoflife Fri 09-Nov-12 09:30:13

Here!
I saw one in Robert dyas clearance for £40 but decided to go for a refurbished one for£30 from ebay. So excited!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now