Talk

Advanced search

does anyone have a nice christmassy recipe for salmon and prawns?and nut roasts too?

(9 Posts)
oranges Tue 14-Dec-10 11:46:18

Having inlaws over for a family meal on Sunday and they are either veggie or dont eat meat, so I've decided to do a nut roast and a fish recipe. FIL loves prawns, so I'd like to do some with salmon. Any ideas for recipes, that would go with the usual Christmas trimmings?

storminabuttercup Tue 14-Dec-10 13:25:15

how about make a lil foil parcel, put in it salmon, prawns, squeeze of lemon, salt, pepper and a splash of wine, cook for 20 mins, would go with the roasties and veg i reckon

disclaimer, never done this with the prawns...

piprabbit Tue 14-Dec-10 13:35:07

Storm, I came on here to suggest the same thing. It is very yummy (and I'm not the world's biggest fish fan).

piprabbit Tue 14-Dec-10 13:35:50

and I have done it with the prawns BTW

storminabuttercup Tue 14-Dec-10 13:49:22

i want to do that now, you use raw prawns i assume?
any herbs?

piprabbit Tue 14-Dec-10 13:53:54

We just used the small pre-cooked prawns from the chiller cabinet, plopped in a handful on top of the salmon blush. There may have been some dill involved too.

storminabuttercup Tue 14-Dec-10 14:18:29

even easier, sounds good

oranges Wed 15-Dec-10 13:53:18

thank you! the salmon and prawns in foil is a great idea. WIll have an ooomph if unwrapped at the table too.

piprabbit Thu 16-Dec-10 00:14:09

Or if you fancy being really oomphy, instead of foil wrap it in a few layers of filo pastry (each layer brushed with a little melted butter), gathered into a festive parcel (bit like giant dim sum dumpling) before cooking.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: