Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Andes up - who needs a rock to lean on? Rock on over here!

(967 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Tue 19-Mar-13 15:27:08

in honour of ed and her mountain ranges.....smile

welcome to thread 3 - this is a support thread for anyone needing a hand to hold while they get through depression or any other mental health problems - long term or temporary. All are welcome.

linky to old thread

HellesBelles396 Sun 07-Apr-13 19:17:06

Everything crossed for you tomorrow vicar

Lucyellensmum95 Sun 07-Apr-13 19:42:03

Vicar will be thinking of you tomorrow - you have also summed up how i feel about work, I had been contemplating teacher training after my college teaching but that will just me more stress and whilst I am (apparently) quite clever and capable, i just don't WANT that sort of stress - i am going to start looking, after the easter hols for some office based work, with, like you say, normal people who just want to do their job to support families etc. I truly believe taht whatever happens for you tomorrow it will be for the best. So I am hoping that you get the outcome that you want. You clearly are very organised and on the ball - so wishing you the best of luck - we are all behind you xx

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:40:17

thank you so much everyone. i really appreciate it.
basset im so sorry you are feeling sad - i hope the sadness doesnt last long for you. x

im going to stop worrying now and go to bed. I normally perform ok in interviews. what ever will be will be.

im also confused because i had posted on a police forum and lots of folk on there are outraged at my treatment....it makes me a bit wistful - if i had had a better group and better force and better support network it may have been quite different.
but i have to look at reality.
and reality is that i dont want to go back. so im hoping i get an offer on this one tomorrow.

right. off for a quick cuppa, a sneaky bit of chocolate and then to bed. up early for shower etc. must be in the car for 9.55 without fail....(im always late!) car got a wash and clean inside and out today in an effort to keep my suit pet hair free....

wish me luck and ill see you all on the other side of my interview!

thank you lovely people.....xxx

EggwiniasRevenge Sun 07-Apr-13 23:46:52

Good luck

Good luck

Good luck!

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 01:58:07

Oops....I appear to still be awake.

I also have a blister on my finger from crochet.

I also haven't eaten properly

I also havent drunk properly.

I don't think I took my meds either.

I don't think its been a great day.

I'm chilled tho.

And I didn't nap smile

mamakoukla Mon 08-Apr-13 02:08:05

A restful night to all.

Vicar i hope the interview goes well and that this is the beginning of a new path in your journey, wherever it may lead. May your future hold peace and fulfillment. Good luck!

mamakoukla Mon 08-Apr-13 02:16:04

Good day, off to a very slow start and three cups of coffee. Opened the window and sat in bed feeling the cool breeze and listening to the sounds of returning birds. The neighbours have a pair of visiting ducks! Did some cooking, cleaning and ironing. Tried a new shampoo - result = curlier hair but wouldn't dare brushing it or it would stand on end! Level 3. Dishwasher on, kitchen clean and tidy. I need to work on keeping the balance and momentum going but robot overload myself or I willcrash and burn.

My goals for this week -
Keep internal balance.
I will try to get more sleep this week.
I will not let anybody or anything upset me.

Hugs to all; take care xxx

mamakoukla Mon 08-Apr-13 02:17:02

Errr phone - but not.... no robots!

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 10:36:54

Good luck vicar!!!

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:31:29

cheers everyone. Im back. I think?? it went ok but i dont think i sold myself enough....they asked why i was right for the job, that was an opportunity and i dont think i said enough. i had everything they were looking for, right down to some very specific things....but not sure if that was enough. I was also very nearly late - i went to the wrong building but luckily they were running late anyway.

i will find out if i have it this week. just got to wait now.

dd wants the laptop so i will be awol for the day i think....

thank you all for the good luck vibes. i hope they worked.

So today I feel totally miserable & unmotivated. Still in my pjs. Feel totally unable to connect with DSs. My mum is here & so I feel kind of like I should be on my best behaviour rather than admit I want to climb under the duvet & never come out again.

DS1 has an ear infection so was up in the night & I have to go out & get his medicine shortly & I just feel like I can't be bothered even though obviously I have to. DS2 is teething so grumpy. I just want to get in the car & drive. Or shop...but I have no money spare.

Moan, moan, moan. hmm

mamakoukla Mon 08-Apr-13 14:04:12

Helles sad. could Mum look after the DC while you pop out for the medicine and do a little window shopping? It would get you dressed and outside. Hope DS1's ears get better soon and teething comes along for DC2.

Vicar, I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you! It sounds as though even you felt you could have done better, it went reasonably well and was a positive experience. Glad that you should hear back this week. I remember being naughty and bringing my travel plans date forward by a day so the interviewers would let me know sooner blush I still have some residual guilt.

I am going to spring clean the dining room and another room today, then I will try to call the hairdresser (several months overdue. Probably by 7 mths blush. Next time I see my family I will get read the riot act.

mamakoukla Mon 08-Apr-13 14:05:49

... Should read as "sounds as though even though you felt"

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 14:59:40

Well done vicar. You aren't hiding under your duvet so I take that as a good sign.

Im shattered. Up late last night. In the next 2hrs I need a shower and to do a bit of tidying...and eat lunch....and put my shoppig away...eek...

Well am waiting to pick up DS1's prescription & have said we'll go to the park when I get back so at least I'm dressed.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:05:21

oh lordy now im agonising over whether i should have said more....

i really need this job. ive looked again at the job market today - not a single one i can apply for.

i am praying that i did enough.
the thought of normality, working days, in a warm office, with weekends off and nights spent in bed is more appealing the more i think about it.

i am going to just have to have faith that what ever happens will be the right thing, and there is nothing i can do now.

Lucyellensmum95 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:15:57

Vicar - less is more!! You said that you feel you covered the main things they were looking for, those interview things are very often a box ticking exercise anyway so if you said the right things without too much flannel, it will be much better than waffling on and on!

I am going to be trying the agencies after the easter holidays, could you do the same? Of course you may not have to! wink here's hopinig.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:44:04

God i hope so lucy

ive not had much luck with interviews. If i get this job i will never complain again.

going to stop wittering now.
having a wine and going to watch yet more downloaded game of thrones....

hope everyone is ok - sorry for dominating the thread today - its just anxiety.

please everyone keep your fingers crossed for me....

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 22:55:09

vicar you have not dominated thread!

You needed support so you asked for it.
You needed to 'witter' so you did.

Thought that was the main 2 purposes of the thread!

Sluggish start for me.
Put some washing in.
Did some food shopping but strangely don't have much to eat.
Cleared out the fridge.
Did some brownie holiday prep.
Had a shower.
Did brownies.
No daytime nap....I was tempted but couldn't fit it in.
Took my meds

lounge is a tip...but thats related to pack holiday.
There was another negative but ive forgotten it.

Oh and neck is finally improving. Not fully better but improved.

And now I am heading to bed...bit of reading. Must turn alarm on...

Not eaten properly today again.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 08-Apr-13 23:00:37

you are doing really well ed - just try to eat and you will get extra bonus points from me....no nap! well done!! hope you sleep well tonight.

and thank you.
i am such a witter-er....i have no nails left. roll on weds when i know one way or the other.

i am hoping i get paid this week - i still have my sick note here - no one has been in touch for it. i think im being ignored by work now....im so sad about how this turned out. so sad. sad

am off. game of thrones awaits....

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 23:06:59

Mondays are always a rubbish food day.

I am out of the house/have company from 5ish till 9ish. So no reasonable time to eat a proper tea.
I had bread and cheese for a late lunch.

I had 2 cream cakes and a bar of whole nut tonight.

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 23:10:40

Oh and my bottom lip as about 3 sprawling cold sores (difficult to tell where one stops and the next starts).

And inside my mouth is sore...think I have some ulcers brewing.

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 08-Apr-13 23:18:29

well. cream cakes and choc are food. so fine by me!

I have eaten ok today - on account of getting up early.
if i lay in i dont eat lunch....(probably a good thing looking at my waist line)

one day of eating crap is fine. smile
I tell DD the same. She is looking a bit scrawny but she eats crap....however today she ate 2 cheese sandwiches at lunch, yoghurt, crisps and god knows what else.
she ate baked potatoes for tea and ice cream. so im not too worried! she loves fruit juices and milk shakes too.

her collar bone and hip bones stick out....she is a scrawny 5ft 7 and weighs 7st 12.....but as long as she eats im ok with it. she doesnt eat particularly healthy food but so many girls of her age starve themselves to be thin that i just thank my luckies that she eats....

right
really off now. gnite all. hope everyone else is ok.....

EggwiniasRevenge Mon 08-Apr-13 23:31:18

Night vicar and everyone else too.

I'm really off now too...

I'm even going to stand up before I hit post then I might do it smile

EggwiniasRevenge Tue 09-Apr-13 07:39:59

I'm awake.

About to raise the troops.

I have an overwhelming urge to go straight back to bed after dropping them off.

But I mustn't

I mustn't.

I have soooo much brownie prep to do its unreal.

And I have a meeting at uni about student finance. I need to fill in some forms and find sick notes. And a list of stuff.

And I need to cook properly today. Need to go to the butchers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now