Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Shagged a really good friend on Friday night. Sigh....

(210 Posts)
FrazzleRock Mon 06-Jan-14 20:40:16

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why?

It almost feels like I've had sex with a brother or something.

<whimpers>

But I kind of liked it.
Did I say that out loud?

Oh MAN.

We've not spoken since. Awkward.

I'm married to the good friend I shagged.

Just saying ;)

ToniViolin Mon 06-Jan-14 20:53:01

Liked it enough to do it again? Liked it enough to go for a pint and go 'that was alright' and get the next round in? Either way, fucking text him at least. In your scenario an 'are we cool?' would cover it for me smile

FrazzleRock Mon 06-Jan-14 20:59:58

Well, we, erm, did do it before. about 9/10 years ago. Both of us then went on to have fairly long term relationships with other people. Both of us are single now.

Yeah I would do it again. And if what he was saying wasn't just a drunk ramble, then he would too...
Oh bloody hell. I'm going to have to text him aren't I....
<chews fist>

Text him!

Whitegrenache Mon 06-Jan-14 21:01:28

Ooh I'm marking my place as I am curious!

FloWhite Mon 06-Jan-14 21:01:57

<starts MN chant>

"Text HIM, text HIM, text HIM" grin.

G'wan.

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 06-Jan-14 21:02:43

Oh text him!

RandomMess Mon 06-Jan-14 21:03:09

grin

secretsofsanta Mon 06-Jan-14 21:03:11

Ohh exciting

TessTackle Mon 06-Jan-14 21:04:20

Text him Frazzle

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Mon 06-Jan-14 21:04:58

I'm another in the text him camp.

This is exciting. I am also currently shagging/seeing long term friend. I go between thinking it's the best thing ever to feeling all awkward about it. We can talk about anything which is a bonus.

Tobermory Mon 06-Jan-14 21:05:40

Oooooh this is exciting.

You have to text him!

FrazzleRock Mon 06-Jan-14 21:06:13

I honestly don't know how to be though!

I don't know if I actually have feelings for him, or if we were both just needing a bit of attention? He said he's ALWAYS fancied me. We were both pretty hammered though.

What if he asks how I feel. I honestly do not know. He probably doesn't either. Hence the reason we've not spoken since, I expect.

FrazzleRock Mon 06-Jan-14 21:06:50

YOU LOT!

Tobermory Mon 06-Jan-14 21:06:57

Would it be awful to admit to him that you don't know?

CrockedPot Mon 06-Jan-14 21:07:45

Of course text him! (Another one here who married the very good friend they shagged!)

Just say you don't know what to say. That Gets me out of awkward questions.

theswan Mon 06-Jan-14 21:08:22

Have you text him yet? If not hurry up!

FrazzleRock Mon 06-Jan-14 21:09:02

IndiansInTheLobby - I had thought about the whole FWB scenario. It would be great but, then what happens when one of us finally meets someone? We'd have to stop and that might be harder to do further down the line?

FloWhite Mon 06-Jan-14 21:09:20

We want a report!

FrazzleRock Mon 06-Jan-14 21:10:02

K. So what do I say?

"Are we cool?" as ToniViolin says?

FloWhite Mon 06-Jan-14 21:11:23

Well you might start as FWB but then……and then you wouldn't want to meet someone else smile

GimmeDaBoobehz Mon 06-Jan-14 21:11:51

I think you should text him.

If he asks be honest and say you aren't sure where it should go from here but to just let things run naturally.

He might not be sure too. He might really want to be with you. He may just have found it a nice time and want to leave it like that but at least you'll know. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now