I'm off .... again.... why did I bother coming back..

(202 Posts)
StarDustInTheWind Mon 02-Jun-14 11:30:45

I have come to the conclusion that I am the luckiest person in the world - I am healthy, fit and not obese, have a good education, a nice job, 2 well behaved, kind, clever, healthy daughters , a lovely husband and a well trained dog who does not jump up on people or bark incessantly.

these things just "happen" on mumsnet - they are a combination of genetics and luck..... I have obviously NEVER put ANY work into ANY of the above.... I am lucky......

well, I'm taking responsibility for my lucky-ducky-self and refusing to tie myself in knots over it any more.... there I go again.... preventing an ulcer.... or is it pure luck that I don't have one......

bye bye, thank you all for letting me know that I've wasted my life away trying so hard to get things the way I want them - my world would have been the same if I had done NOTHING..... since I am lucky you know.....

SpecialAgentFreyPie Mon 02-Jun-14 12:58:17

Bye.

rootypig Mon 02-Jun-14 12:59:50

I accept my hardships are due to bad choices and unattractive personality traits, so we are entirely in agreement. But that is why I need MN grin

Toodles!

confused

biscuit

CoteDAzur Mon 02-Jun-14 13:02:13

Bye. Enjoy your perfect life hmm

Swannery Mon 02-Jun-14 13:03:07

Yes, you don't want those of us who work very hard to make things better for ourselves and our loved ones and find that it doesn't work out dragging you down to our level. You should stick with Facebook where you can educate others on how successful you are. Enjoy!

BrianTheMole Mon 02-Jun-14 13:03:39

hmm. Yeah, well, bye then.

Cocolepew Mon 02-Jun-14 13:05:04

Blimey.

lordStrange Mon 02-Jun-14 13:09:41

missing you already!
grin

rootypig Mon 02-Jun-14 13:25:40

You should stick with Facebook where you can educate others on how successful you are

grin

Instagram might be for you OP! no filters required grin grin

LtEveDallas Mon 02-Jun-14 13:36:24

Fuck me, you have a minor spat with MrsDV over 100% attendance certificates of all things, and THIS is how you react?

Yeah, probably best you go then...

ouryve Mon 02-Jun-14 13:39:46

And you are...?

GiveTwoSheets Mon 02-Jun-14 13:41:04

Flipping heck that posted reminded me why I left Facebook.

MiniTheMinx Mon 02-Jun-14 13:42:05

Its neither luck nor judgement but a strange, unknown, unquantifiable mix of the two.

candi404 Mon 02-Jun-14 13:42:13

seems like you might be abit of an attention seeker...

Bowlersarm Mon 02-Jun-14 13:44:12

What have I missed?

Before you go can you teach us lowlifes how to be so charming? And how do you get your hair to swish about in slow motion when there’s no wind.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 02-Jun-14 13:47:57

What?! I do think you should leave, actually. You're far too over invested in what people think of you here.

I couldn't give a flying bellend what posters think, bar one or two. If I started to care, I would leave. Far to vulnerable to upset.

BrianTheMole Mon 02-Jun-14 13:48:34

You should hold your hands up and apologise for being so insensitive, rather than stomping off in a sulk. Its the grown up thing to do.

GarlicMayonnaise Mon 02-Jun-14 13:58:39

This is one of the best flounces I've seen grin

I aspire to be able to say "I don't fit in here because my life's perfect!" Mind you, I'd also aspire to NOT saying "And I don't have any empathy with those less fortunate ..."

wafflyversatile Mon 02-Jun-14 14:00:45

We need a handbag smiley.

As we don't have one here's a biscuit.

biscuit

Excellent! More ellipses for the rest of us.

7Days Mon 02-Jun-14 14:15:14

You are better off leving all right - this is a site for grown ups who understand nuance and the way life can sneak up on anyone.

Not a tricky concept, really.

Is having intelligence or empathy a matter of luck or can one work on it? there's a project for someone

nah, ellipses have 3 dots

OP has dot diarrhoea (but would still be sent to school wink)

Fenton Mon 09-Jun-14 13:36:29

Aww I HATE missing a good flounce.

<phew>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now