Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Abortion, im so scared

(274 Posts)

sad I just found out last weekend that im pregnant and I can't/don't want this baby .I am 34 and have 3 kids already ages 15, 12&7.
im having such bad anxiety about what is to come.i have seen gp and got the ball rolling and have an appointment for a dating scan and chat with a doctor/counsellor? this Thursday , im so scared of the scan what if I see the baby and change my mind ? even though every fibre in my body doesn't want to keep it.
what procedures will they offer me ? I must be put to sleep I will have a panic attack otherwise.
I also want to be sterilised at the same time, will that be possible ?
if any of you have experienced abortion please could you advise me of what is to come.
I think im about 7 weeks

meditrina Sat 19-Apr-14 17:48:24

littlecrystal you might get more help if you started a new thread, and I suggest putting it in the "antenatal results and choices" as posters with relevant expertise are more likely to see it there (rather than here in 'contraception').

littlecrystal Sat 19-Apr-14 14:33:31

Can I revive this, please? Judging by the symptoms, I am very likely to be pregnant. Had one accident (broken condom) with DH... and the symptoms are starting to show. I am certain about having termination. Had one many years ago, no regrets.

Anyway, is it best to walk in into NHS sexual health clinic, or make appointment with the nearest Marie Stopes? I would like to avoid fees, if possible, but if there is long wait at NHS then would possibly go private.
Just not sure where to start, who to call, or just walk in?

Any advice please?

MincedMuffPies Wed 25-Dec-13 23:10:55

Hi gnome, had a lovely Christmas really, kids had a good time anyway. Glad your family did.

Everything did go wrong at the same time but things come in 3 so hopefully it will all work out now!!

UnknownGnome Wed 25-Dec-13 22:42:22

Muff it sounds like you've had a nightmare time recently. Sometimes everything seems to happen at once! I hope you've enjoyed today.

I hope none of you were badly affected by the weather.

UnknownGnome Wed 25-Dec-13 22:39:26

I hope you've all managed to enjoy Christmas. help, I'm so sorry you're still feeling guilty. My emotions are all over the place. I'm finding it very difficult to come to terms with what I've done.

We managed to have a nice Christmas though.

Helpbeenstupid Thu 19-Dec-13 06:49:05

Hi I'm not feeling great I still feel so guilty. Although a little relieved as well. My bleeding wasn't too bad but I went to work and since then its been really heavy. I'm passing lots of clots and suffering terrible headaches. I think im going to see the doctor and ask if its possible to be signed off work. I'm in retail over Christmas which means I'm on my feet all day.

Hope others are feeling as well as you can be.

MincedMuffPies Wed 18-Dec-13 23:58:29

Hi sorry wendy didn't see your post. Hope everyones ok. Glad you feel stronger gnome.

I'm fine as in I'm positive and feel very relieved although guilty. I went shopping yesterday and started bleeding and cramping, all day today I have had what feels like labour pains to. I haven't had time to rest and take it easy as everything that could go wrong has been going wrong like my boiler breaking down and having to run around handing sick notes in and down the council with wage slips. Just hoping as the pain is coming in waves its not etopic as they were really stressing the possibility when I was discharged.

UnknownGnome Wed 18-Dec-13 23:26:26

I'm still around. Still not sorted physically but feeling emotionally stronger at least. How's everyone else? Muff? help? sj? Are you okay, Wendy? You're looking out for everyone else but how are you?

how is everyone?

MincedMuffPies Sat 14-Dec-13 22:59:19

Did you not get a drs note saying no flying or physical work help I was almost 7 weeks so about the same as you but have been signed off for 2 weeks.

you need time to rest for a few days.lie down and take it easy

Helpbeenstupid Sat 14-Dec-13 18:13:51

I was 6+5. The bleeding is slightly heavier than my normal period. I haven't passed any clots that I've been aware of yet. I was due in work for a long standing on my feet shift in Monday but someone has taken my shift now. I don't think I would have managed the shift

thats just it either way its hard.
keep topped up with painkillers. how many weeks along were you.how is the bleeding?

Helpbeenstupid Sat 14-Dec-13 17:46:13

I still feel full of regret but I think my decision would have been hard no matter which way id gone

Helpbeenstupid Sat 14-Dec-13 17:40:39

UnknownGnome its quite painful. I was told to take my painkillers before the pain started as the nurse said if you wait until the pain hits it won't be manageable. The pain relief is spacing me out a little and the pain is an I don't know what to do with myself pain. Hot chocolate and a constantly refilled hot water bottle are soothing.

UnknownGnome Sat 14-Dec-13 17:16:55

I should be able to help help, but I didn't have the pessaries yet. I'm going back next week for them so you'll have to let me know.

I can't remember how far along you are but my understanding is that if it's quite early it's like a crampy period. The hospital will be able to give you pain relief and advice though.

I hope it's going okay.

MincedMuffPies Sat 14-Dec-13 13:20:16

I had the surgical to so can't help with whether it will hurt or not either. I assume it's just like a heavy period and nothing like the pain of actual child birth which you've done three times already! I would get a hot water bottle or heat pack (they had those in the hospital I was at) and you will be fine.

hi help
sorry you are going through this aswell
I had the surgical option so cant comment on how much pain you will be in.
no one deserves to be in pain please don't think that.mistakes happen.be kind to yourself x

Helpbeenstupid Sat 14-Dec-13 11:10:42

Hi everyone can I join in. UnknownGnome directed me here.

I am having the second part of my medical abortion today. I feel so sick and worried. I regretted taking the first tablet yesterday the minute I swallowed it. The timing of this baby just wasn't right. I have a 8,7 and 6 month old. I took the MAP and it failed.

Is it really painful.? I've loaded my bag full of painkillers but kind of feel like I deserve some pain sad

UnknownGnome Fri 13-Dec-13 23:07:44

Glad it went okay muff. thanks brew

glad it went ok for you muff.take some rest
gnome here if you want to talk

sj73 Fri 13-Dec-13 12:53:58

Great. Be kind to yourself now.

MuffCakes Fri 13-Dec-13 10:31:06

Hi everyone, am home now shock everything went well. I was first in and first out. The sedation was actually lovely I just wanted to sleep. It did hurt a bit in a removed sort of way. The nurses and drs admin and receptionist at marie stopes were amazingly lovely.

UnknownGnome Thu 12-Dec-13 23:00:56

And thanks for the pm, Wendy. Sorry to have worried you.

UnknownGnome Thu 12-Dec-13 23:00:14

Hi everyone. Sorry to worry you all. I just sloped off into my own little world for a while. I also noticed a couple of deleted posts and suddenly became aware how open this forum is. I'm pleased i didn't see what they said.

I'm feeling much stronger now. The past few weeks have been a blur of heightened emotion. I'm more confident that it was the right thing to do now but i feel sad that it ever came to it.

Good luck muff thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now