Blanket Number 6, please help [sad]

(825 Posts)
purplepidjin Wed 31-Aug-11 06:53:34

Following on from the blanket for Magic8 which is under construction, we'd like to offer one to Whatevertheweather who has recently lost her baby daughter.

I know there is already an army of knitters and crocheters and donors out there; would anyone be able to join us?

lia66 Wed 31-Aug-11 08:31:05

Oh I read this last night but didn't have the words then. Will def contribute. so sad.

RIP little Erin. xxx

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 08:33:18

We're just getting our heads together regarding the organising and will post as soon as we're sorted

Thanks. You're all [stars]

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 08:33:56

Pidj, check your PMs.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 08:34:36

Soupy, that's a lovely idea.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 31-Aug-11 08:35:37

I can't find Lydia's contact details to PM her. If nobody has it, I can probably remember the name of her shop and phone her again.

TinyWeeTeethGreatBigBite Wed 31-Aug-11 08:35:47

I will help.

I can't knit, but I will donate money or buy and post the wool, whatever is easier to co-ordinate.

sad

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 08:42:01

Ripstheirthroats, Lydia is on here somewhere. She's posted fairly near the bottom Magic's blanket

If you can take that bit on, that would be brilliant. [star] smile

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 31-Aug-11 08:42:04

It's OK, I found her and sent a PM.

GalaxyWeaver Wed 31-Aug-11 08:47:16

im in, might see if i can source the wool myself this time.. still waiting on my donor wool here!

I can send wool or money, though money is probably easier for me.

CognitiveDissident Wed 31-Aug-11 08:51:12

I can crochet a couple of squares. Any particular design or colour?

What wool thickness/type/tension and size of square do you need? I can supply my own wool.

hairypotter Wed 31-Aug-11 08:55:00

Happy to donate money as I can't knit. Or send someone wool, whatever is easier to co ordinate.

I cant imagine what they're all going through. I'm so sorry for your loss whatevertheweather

I'm a recent returner to knitting but will knit a square. I can supply my own wool etc (as long as I can find it)
Could you post all the specs - wool type, colours, needles, size, no stitches etc.

Seems like no time since the last blanket was started. sad

if someone wants to send me wool i can get some squares done up sharpish. will get mum to help she is a really fast knitter.

calrabbit Wed 31-Aug-11 08:57:25

Hello,
I am happy to knit again if that helps.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 09:00:03

Wool is:

Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (NOT the baby cashmerino)

or Rowan Cashsoft DK.

They are much of a muchness and can be combined.

4mm knitting needles
cast on 33 stitches (for knitters)

6" squares

Will be back with more info shortly.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 09:02:54

If anyone can knit initials into their squares, we would like an 'E' for Erin and a 'K' for her sister.

Many thanks.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 09:05:16

Colours

If we continue with the palette we've used for previous blankets, we can use any spares.

Blues, purples, pinks, greens, silver/ greys

How much wool do you need for a square?
I'm a bit new to this and don't want to run out half way.

The colour palette sounds very soothing IYSWIM.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 09:11:43

Whenisitmysleepytime, most knitters get 2-3 squares from a ball. If it's 2, that's absolutely fine.
We ask you to include any leftovers with the squares when you send them so we can use it to stitch the blanket together.

MilkNoSugarPlease Wed 31-Aug-11 09:19:39

I didn't manage to send any wool before buy if someone can match me up and tell me what site to buy it off then I will get some

So so sad

Thanks knotty I'll get myself organised with wool online tonight.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 09:22:34

We're sorting things out now, Milk. Thanks.

As we've done in the past, we'll match doners to woolly folk...once we're a bit more organised.

KnottyLocks Wed 31-Aug-11 09:24:52

Previous blankets and quilt pics can be seen here

purplepidjin Wed 31-Aug-11 09:34:17

I've got 8 or 9 already and I know there's some in the post. Also some wool so I could use those to make squares instead of waiting to edge? How long have I got as it were?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now