Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

Ledkr Tue 05-Mar-13 20:30:55

Wiggles. Idris??? Comments please?

wigglesrock Tue 05-Mar-13 21:10:59

Ledkr I can't discuss it grin, it hurts too much to think that someone who knows someone I know grin was within touching distance of the man. Just one question - just how beautiful did she say he was? envy

Ledkr Tue 05-Mar-13 22:38:35

She took a picture and I'm telling you HE IS STUNNING absolutely beautiful. I still feel unnaturally furious.

wigglesrock Tue 05-Mar-13 23:09:25

I too am unseasonably raging grin

wigglesrock Tue 05-Mar-13 23:10:34

Oops meant to be unreasonably but unseasonably works too grin

RobinSparkles Wed 06-Mar-13 13:58:41

american nooo, not snow! It's March, it's supposed to be getting warmer! Hope it doesn't pay me a visit.

Wiggles, have you got your outfit sorted? They're very judgy you know! wink

I'm just wondering if Ledkr has calmed down yet?

wigglesrock Wed 06-Mar-13 14:32:56

RobinSparkles they are, aren't they? bloody kids grin I'm practising the book, honestly I've taken some job interviews less seriously than this shock

But am really pleased, got a date for Livs ENT consultant this morning, yay and its in 4 weeks. I know its still going to take donkeys but it's easier when you feel things are moving?

reastie Wed 06-Mar-13 14:58:11

Ledkr come on then, be honest, the idris picture is your phone background isn't it?! wink

Wiggles come on then, what are you wearing?! glad you got the ENT appointment through. I can't believe how long these things take - we went to the hospital on Monday re: Alice's feet (he pigeon toes quite badly). She has to wear 'special' boots to correct them. They look so miserable (the boots) sad . ANyway, when she needs new shoes I have to ring the GP to post a letter to the hospital to get a referral apt to have her feet measured for new shoes, then I have to wait several weeks for an appointment to have her shoes refitted, then a further few weeks for an appointment to collect the shoes once they arrive <eye roll> - do they realise how often children need new shoes?!!!!!

Hobs so you're off on a dirty week end I see? wink . Hope himself is not too grumpy owing to the cigarette shortage.

blizy how's things?

American snow? uh oh. Alice was OK at the creche thanks. She went off without looking back for me <sobs> but was making pathetic weeping 'mummy mummy' when she saw me come back. Apparently she got upset 20 mins in to the creche and wanted me sad but the creche lady sat her on her lap and they watched peppa pig, so hopefully Alice had a good time. Meant that I could burn over 600 kcals in 2 gym sessions which is all good.

Robin we don't have an iron here either, waste of time if you ask me!

Ledkr Wed 06-Mar-13 15:13:58

No iron here either! Tumble dry and fold well. I stay away from the good housekeeping threads in case I'm too sarcastic. The other day was funny they were having orgasms over being able to fold a fitted sheet. Apparently that is one of life's greatest challenges hmm

wigglesrock Wed 06-Mar-13 15:17:02

I have an iron, but it's Mr Ws responsibility - he's the one with the uniform - he irons it. I wash and then put on hangers; works for me and when all else fails the girls wear pinafores to school wink

blizy Wed 06-Mar-13 15:54:28

What's this iron thing you speak?

Reastie, I'm glad Alice was ok at crèche, it,really is worse for you than her. What is pigeon toes? Is it walking on tiptoes all,of the time?

Wiggles, I wish the best of luck with the reading!

RobinSparkles Wed 06-Mar-13 15:58:43

You slatterns wink.

I don't iron everything, TBH and the reason that I do is because I'm too lazy to fold and put it away straight away so it stays in a crumpled pile and creases so I iron it. It's usually an excuse to get out o something else and I can watch TV while I do it smile.
Some of the Good Housekeeping threads are funny - folding a fitted sheet? Nobs! It's not that hard, just chuck it in a drawer hmm. I never fold them anyway - take it off the bed, wash it, dry it then put it back on the bed. I'm not arsed about things being aired either but a lot of people over there would have kittens. Some of them go on about pegs matching on the washing line. weirdos, they remind me of my sister.

RobinSparkles Wed 06-Mar-13 16:01:40

Meant to say Reastie, I had a feeling that Alice would be fine in the Crèche! I remember the first time DD1 went to PreSchool, not even a backwards glance. I was DEVASTATED! grin

reastie Wed 06-Mar-13 16:18:46

It's just me that was genuinely excited to find out about how to fold a fitted sheet then and loves reading the good housekeeping threads then? blush

Blizy she walks with her toes pointing inwards quite alot, so her legs bed as she walks. It means she trips over her feet and falls over alot sad

RobinSparkles Wed 06-Mar-13 16:44:10

Does Alice have to wear the boots all the time, Reastie?

Ledkr Wed 06-Mar-13 18:04:12

Robin I do that too with the bedding!! What the actual fuck is airing anyway? I thought it was something my nan invented to make me feel guilty!
reastie ds2 had a pair of boots called Piedeo when he was little. Very cute red ones. He was very flat footed.
I'm sat in the car awaiting E to finish dancing.
I can hardly move on account of bloody shred and gym.
Ouuuuch

reastie Wed 06-Mar-13 18:16:08

Ledkr you did shred AND gym in one day? mucho respecto

Robin she has to wear them every day and whenever we go out. I guess as much as possible, but they said she didn't have to wear them when we were at home maybe they don't realise how unsociable we are and how much time we spend at home though

We've just set up my new bed, an huge antique French bed. Tis looovvveeeelllyyyy and beautiful. Can't wait to go to bed wink

I have an iron which is used solely for sewing projects. The miracle of the tumble dryer means I never have to iron. grin Is folding a fitted sheet one of those special skills I should put on my CV? hmm I learned it from watching a Martha Stewart video years ago. And I have no idea what airing is. I'm the queen of the slatterns.

reastie - I think it's more difficult for us than it is for them. Hopefully Alice will start to appreciate all the new toys there. grin L still whinges a bit when I leave him in the morning (but he does the same when one of us leaves anytime) but he's fine a few minutes after I'm gone.

My face is an absolute nightmare now, I don't know what to do. sad It's dry and red and nothing seems to help. I keep slathering myself in olive oil and coconut oil and various moisturisers and my skin is still flaking off. And my lips are very chapped and cracking despite very liberal use of lip balm. I need some warmer weather and humidity very badly. sad

RobinSparkles Wed 06-Mar-13 20:26:08

My Shred arrived today, courtesy of LoveFilm. That means I have to do it now! <<pulls face>>

American is it with the cold? sad nightmare! My hands are so sore and it doesn't matter what I use on them so I sympathise. Warm weather comes and they're fine, it's weird.

wigglesrock Thu 07-Mar-13 11:38:48

RobinSparkles done that shred yet? grin

Well I managed not to trip over myself this morning in Os class. It was good fun, I may have been a bit CBeebies blush but think Olivia will still love me wink

reastie you sound like you've had a busy morning!

ponyo hope today is kind to you x

Robin - I pulled out my Shred DVD last week, committed myself to doing it every day and only did it once. grin It's great if you can ignore Jillian I can't. The humidity is very low here in the winter and I think months of dry air is finally taking its toll. sad Spring seems to be around the corner though, it's supposed to be 5C shock at the weekend.

Hello wiggles grin

RobinSparkles Sat 09-Mar-13 19:44:03

<<whistles nonchalontly and ignores any mention of Shred>>

Hi everyone hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow!
I hope Ponyo is OK.

I went to town to get my mum's present today and ended up getting her a scarf in a colour that I know she likes. Hopefully she will like it! She's so hard to buy for.

Ledkr Sat 09-Mar-13 20:54:32

Oh dear. I went on a mn meet up last night and am suffering. Getorf came and she is lovely and such a laugh.
Had a grumpy kind of day. Dilly just gets worse. Wants to choose own ridiculous outfit which is normally a summer dress and won't wear shoes coat or cardi. Dh and Ella were bickering and I just wanted to run away and hide.
As an aside d is potty trained in the day now as long as she has no pants on. Just a bare bum and she's fine <rolls eyes>

reastie Sat 09-Mar-13 20:55:42

ponyo how did the funeral go?

Hope everyone's Ok, it's very quiet on here

Shred's going well then robin ?! wink

Wiggles love how you got all cbeebies, now, please tell me it wasn't OTT energetic cbeebies like Katie and more nurturing and lovely like Cerrie grin

Alice booked into the creche again for Monday, hoping it will go well again, and hopefully whichever child was sick in the creche last week when she was there will not have a repeat performance confused

Found out a friends DD who is 6 months older than our babies toddlers needs a hip operation and then will be in a cast and not able to walk for a while afterwards. They have to get an adapted car seat and buggy for her poor thing. My friend is really anxious about it as they also have a newborn to look after - I think it's going to be tough going for her confused

reastie Sat 09-Mar-13 20:57:29

xposted Ledkr. Glad the meet up was good. Alice is the same with ridiculous outfits, it's always the most inappropriate thing. She likes putting knickers over her dresses so it tucks into the dress and makes her look like she has a humungous bum I must take a picture to show her when she's older wowee to the potty training though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.