Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

Grannyapple Thu 17-Jan-13 22:43:36

ledkr SIL has that too...I didn't know you could have an op to help it tho? Do you mind if I ask what the io is called?

Not much to report here...knackered at the mo due to work & just back from sainsburys as can't get an online delivery til Sunday & running low in everything... Had to gapien just before the snow madness hits London (drives me crazy every year...people don't know how to drive in the snow here!).

Grannyapple Thu 17-Jan-13 22:47:02

What the op is called, I meant to say ledkr

Oh & Borg...I make Nate do the same "I love you" thing...he now mouths it to me when I'm saying it, cheeky monkey..as he's a typical lazy boy!!

ledkr Fri 18-Jan-13 19:34:22

Granny- they take out the overactive gland I think!
Some drs fob you off with treating symptoms but not good in the long run.
Ask her why they haven't done it, it's the only cure.
Well we are well snowed on here. Dh visits Asda when he's on way home from work but thinks stocking up is one loaf and some milk.
Sent d out to play with Ella and her mates today as is snow day here so no school. D hated it,stood motionless for ages looking disgusted before making her way purposefully towards the door which I had open a crack (brrrrr) and came in. Ella was out for ages but has full ski wear from charity shop so toasty.
Her party is tomorrow so had to buy pizzas as don't think pizza guy will be delivering up here its very thick and will freeze tonight.
How's the snow where you guys are?

reastie Fri 18-Jan-13 21:01:43

Hi Ledders, glad you're getting an op to sort it out. Is it a long wait do you know? Are you feeling better now since the dreaded norovirus? grin at your DH thinking stocking up is one loaf and some milk. Will Ellas friends all make it over for the party in the snow?

We have quite a bit of snow here. Haven't measured or been out in it since I got back from work at lunch but maybe 5cm, possibly more. Had a bit of a dicey drive home from work and school closed early today.

blizy Fri 18-Jan-13 21:11:43

Ledkr, hope you are ok, your post further up sounds like you are having a rough time. Remember we are here anytime you need to offload, god I do it often enough! I hope Ella has a fab party, and that it's not too stressful for you.
P.s. we have NO snow grin

Wiggles, dh and I were laughing at Anna's escapades grin.

Reastie, I also laughed at Alice and her "Andes".

Borg, I,hope you have a fab holiday and don't miss N too much!

Granny, nice to here from you! I remember the tiredness of early pregnancy so well. Hope you are doing ok? I seen your nephew the other day t the local shops my god he has got soooo tall!

Nothing much to report here. Oh, I got a letter from fertility clinic saying we have been put on the waiting list for an appointment, feck knows how long it will take?

ledkr Fri 18-Jan-13 21:16:44

Hi reastie.
Not sure when op is I hope not too long.
I never feel well Anymore so don't know if I'm better or not lol.
All Ella's mates are local so should be ok. My mates are helping and we will have wine to help.
How is A sleeping? D is pretty bad. She's up now dancing in her sleeping bag hmm I just give up. She is obsessed with her dad at the mo. crus when he leaves and prefers him to me.

ledkr Fri 18-Jan-13 21:18:19

Blizy can you go private? Often can jump queue by paying for initial consult.

wigglesrock Fri 18-Jan-13 21:29:36

Snow not too bad here - couple of inches - but Mr W is working until 3am so I'm not sure if any more falls he'll make it home. Bloody freezing but and very windy.

ledkr A was also a bit underwhelmed by it grin, the girls went out for a play after school and A had her wtf face on. Hope Ella has a lovely party tomorrow xx

We have for once no plans this weekend so think we'll lie about and watch tv, maybe venture out so the girls can make a snow dragon hmm, Olivia is much too sophisticated for a mere snowman grin.

ledkr Fri 18-Jan-13 21:33:57

It's too cold here to enjoy it iykwim? I'm loving the excuse to stay in the warm and watch tv.

wigglesrock Fri 18-Jan-13 21:39:09

Oh x posted with blizy grin, I think that with Anna the only way forward is laughing, otherwise my head would be turned!

reastie I also loved Andes grin

Borg have a fantastic time.

ledkr As sleep is still hit and miss, she goes down fine but then wakes and demands I "lie here now with me Mammy" Of course soft touch here does blush, well she's very cute blush

Oh Olivia got the nod for tonsils to come out, she was given a referral for Consultant. We've had another bad few weeks, her blood tests were satisfactory? and I made an appt with one of the GPs to have a chat and as "luck" would have it, she was ill the day of the appointment, so the GP was able to see exactly how bad it was, and didn't even hesitate. In his own words "Jesus, that'll not do - she'll have to get sorted" I heart this GP grin

Fingers crossed all appointments come in nice and quick xxxx

blizy Fri 18-Jan-13 21:48:57

Wiggles, that is good news about O and her tonsillectomy. I hope the wait is not too long.

Ledkr, we are too poor at the minute to go private, I'll just have to wait it out. Anyway, it gives me mor time to lose some more weight!

Grannyapple Fri 18-Jan-13 22:44:43

Ha ha blizy yes, nephew is a complete giant...gets it from his mums side cos his dads side ain't all that tall. All 4 of my nephews are taller than me....& think it hilarious that I give them cheek & dont take nonsense from them when I'm half their bloody size grin. They also find it hilarious that they need to crouch to give me a hug...cheeky lads!! But yes said nephew is a lovely lad & v polite..at least he can be when I see him, I'm hoping he isn't up to mischief when you see him!

A few inches if snow here too...texted sis in Glasgow & she said there's not been one flake up there today... Is causing a bit of travel chaos down here as usual tho...a weekend in the house me thinks...with occassional trip outside to see if N tolerates the snow, ha ha!

Fx blizy you don't need to wait too long..but sounds like the referral went through fairly quickly??

Enjoy your w/e ladies xxx

ledkr Fri 18-Jan-13 23:37:53

Wiggs I don't know if I told you but my 3 were all waiting for tonsils and/or adenoids around the time I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was so young it got around the hospital so the paediatrician arranged for them to get their ops as a job lot to get it over with before my treatment.
So they were all lined up in the ward. Ds1 was ok ds2 fuming and dd3 went theatre in his track suit as the hospital given was "a dress" he was 3. Very funny.
It's a horrible illness it will be lovely to get her sorted.

ledkr Fri 18-Jan-13 23:40:56

Oh yes. Talking about naughty dds dilly casually picked her nose today and wiped it on dh grin his face was a picture!

ILovePonyo Sat 19-Jan-13 19:52:51

Hello all, what a day shock A has been a lot bit of a whinger today, and for the second time ever didn't have a nap (I think b'cos we haven't been out in the car due to snow) so we put her to bed at 5.30. Here's hoping she's not up at ridic o clock.

It is quite snowy here, dp and A made a snowman in the garden earlier grin but boy has the whinging been bad, for example asking to watch Wall-e, then as soon as its on saying "nooooo! Watch Monsters Iiiiiinc!!!"and lots of crying when I say no. Oh and the cheekiness, including climbing onto the table earlier and eating salt, then screaming because I took it away hmm Excusey rant blush

Anyway she's not wiped her nose on any of us yet ledkr grin

iggles poor O, I'm pleased the gp saw how bad it is, usually I or A get better when we go to the docs so glad that didn't happen to you!

blizy also hoping your appointment comes about v v soon. Can't believe you have no snow!

borg enjoy your hols!!!

reastie I bet your new kitchen will look beautiful when its finished! grin at Andes

I'm off to have a wine espesh as its dp's turn to get A up tomo, hope everyone has a nice evening!

ledkr Sat 19-Jan-13 20:32:16

ponyo no wonder you not bothered about A going to bed early !
D hasn't slept either and still up now. She had an adrenaline rush cos of ten girls here having make overs and singing karaoke.
Party was a blast I'm really chuffed. I did little make up bags for party bags and they all loved it.
They all went home made up with curled hairdos I expect I'd get a good flaming on here for that grin
We were helped greatly by wine . It's the only way. Not stressed and somehow ended up with a spotless house due to the alcohol induced manic cleaning. Just putting d to bed before dh and I hit the karaoke for a dual lol.

ILovePonyo Sat 19-Jan-13 20:43:17

grin ledkr at manic wine induced cleaning and you getting on the karaoke grin I think the party sounds ace, well done! I'm not girly at all but have a feeling A might be, she always wants to wear a "pretty dress" in her words so when she's older if she wants to have make up parties and have her hair done she can do. I'll prob show her up being a big scruff! I can't believe D is still up, wow.

ledkr Sat 19-Jan-13 21:01:23

Well ill be old then but auntie ledkr can come and work her magic.
Had a bun fight recently about make up which I apparently wear to attract men and cos I've low self esteem. Come on you've met me do you think that's true? grin if she'd have seen some of the shyer girls today glowing with pride.
We did before and after shots for them and are going to send pics with thank you cards.
I am pretty tired now are you watching big bro? Walking dead back in feb yay

ILovePonyo Sat 19-Jan-13 21:26:09

Ledkr I'm watching jeepers creepers on some shitty channel grin

Ugh and hmm at make up thread. Not seen it but yes I'm sure you're putting on a bit slap everyday just to attract men, much like me then?!

I think I would have been one of the shy kids pleased to be wearing make up at your party, ah bless that's lovely and very sweet. Am booking you I. For A's parties in a few years time! grin

ILovePonyo Sat 19-Jan-13 21:29:22

Oh, when in feb for walking dead??? Exciting!

blizy Sat 19-Jan-13 21:37:11

Ohhh, walking dead I hear!

Ledkr, glad the party went well.

Ponyo, thanks for that. I have now got the jeepers creepers song in my head now. Ha!

I'm having an NCIS marathon with dh.

ledkr Sat 19-Jan-13 22:44:02

I love jeepers creepers something quite scary about it. I have them all.
We are watching a British horror called the lights went out. Bit scary.

ILovePonyo Tue 22-Jan-13 11:35:35

Hello people,

I am stuck at home with a poorly girl sad A was fine yesterday, had a great day at nursery, then woke up about 1am v hot and wanting juice. She drank loads shock had some calpol then slept in our bed, threw up her weetabix this morning sad and has been all sleepy since. Been to doc who said its a virus so keep an eye on it. Is it me or has she been ill a lot recently?!

So I'm off work today, dp will have to be off tomo with her as I need to go in for 'team building day' hmm grin Am being good and cleaning lots whilst shes sleeping.

Anyway, how is everyone else? Hope all is well.

Ponyo - we've been ill non-stop since mid-December. We thought L had chicken pox because he had the precursor rash but it never turned into chicken pox. confused Now he has a streaming nose and horrible cough (as do I) - feels like it's never going to end.

I can't remember when I last posted. blush I'm up to my ears in training for work, trying to finish my certifications asap because they're linked to a pay rise. I'm starting to understand why they have free coffee here. grin

wigs - Great news about O. Do you have a date or just the referral?

Hello to everyone else. [wave]

wigglesrock Wed 23-Jan-13 06:49:51

ponyo A had about 6 weeks towards the end of last year where she was off colour - nothing concrete but had that horrible circle of coughing at night then vomiting.

american No we just have the referral, so hopefully it'll be done before she finishes primary school grin Hope work goes well.

The girls had their first snow day yesterday. Their school doesn't usually close, but it was very snowy first thing - of course it melted then refroze so I'm not looking forward to dropping them in this morning. Driving in the snow doesn't bother me at all but not a fan of ice.

Breaking news Mr W actually got his days off this week shock, after telling several people to fuck off and stop phoning him turning his phone off. He chose to spend it in Ikea (sometime I wonder about that man hmm) but I was bribed by food and Anna by the promise of a toy kitchen for her birthday.

Off to make lunches, Anna had a desperate nights sleep last night, not ill but it was like she was really uncomfortable, so she is glued to her favourite person in the whole world - Mr Tumble.

This thread is not accepting new messages.