I need a hand to hold please - part 2

(407 Posts)
WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 31-Dec-12 20:04:01

My second thread. The first is awaiting deletion due to details that were in the thread.

Basically, my brother is in intensive care with multiple stab wounds, he is stable, but critical. So he could go either way.

At the moment it doesn't feel real to me, I feel like I'm in a soap or something! It's very surreal sad

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 30-Jan-13 18:56:06

Hi all, not much to update. The doctors decided that the fluid/clot on his lung was probably just a bit of fluid and decided not to do anything about it. He's gradually waking up more and more and he has his glasses now so he can see grin my sister is going again tomorrow and taking the ipad so he'll hopefully be able to communicate smile

eosmum Algeria Wed 30-Jan-13 19:20:11

Good to see he is improving, still thinking of you all.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 30-Jan-13 22:21:53

One of his lungs is starting to heal too, which is fantastic news!

So far his ECMO treatment has cost £144k shock

Lordy- but worth every penny. Am so glad for our NHS. The are amazing

Here's praying for David keeping onwards and upwards

Sunnywithshowers Wed 30-Jan-13 22:28:12

Hurrah for his lungs, treatment and specs smile

Money well spent Cunny

LegoAcupuncture Thu 31-Jan-13 11:00:32

Was just thinking of your brother today, this thread had dropped off my TIO so had to search it.

Glad to hear he is doing well, hope he continues to improve.

littleduckie Thu 31-Jan-13 16:58:41

Glad to hear he is still improving

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Thu 31-Jan-13 17:13:04

My mum went today and he was awake when she got there but as soon as she spoke to him he got really upset and had to have more sedation to put him back asleep. Good news is that his left lung is healing and his right lung is better than it was.

Cailleach Thu 31-Jan-13 18:34:56

Good to hear, CunnyFunt, keep us informed on his progress.

Horsemad Thu 31-Jan-13 18:49:48

Good to hear his progress smile

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Sat 02-Feb-13 19:27:11

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! He's off ECMO! That means that if his lungs are strong enough they'll move him back to where he was before Manchester hopefully on Monday or Tuesday smile smile smile

ACE!!! That is the best news.
Will have a drink for you wine

Horsemad Sat 02-Feb-13 19:41:50

Wow! Amazing news, well done to your brother and all who have assisted in his recovery. smile

Fantastic News grin grin grin

So pleased for you and yours Cunny xx

mistlethrush Sat 02-Feb-13 21:27:38

Great news Cunny! I hope this means that you'll be able to see a little bit more of him.

FoxyRevenger Sat 02-Feb-13 21:54:04

Brilliant news smile

Sunnywithshowers Sat 02-Feb-13 23:59:13

Cunny that's awesome news smile

LegoAcupuncture Sun 03-Feb-13 00:02:40

Brilliant news!

xxDebstarxx Sun 03-Feb-13 14:10:53

Oh wow just caught up with the thread I'm so chuffed for you all. You have all shown such strength. You must all be so happy.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Sun 03-Feb-13 14:54:32

Just seen a FB status off my sister saying that she told him that his family filled the waiting room and he smiled and shook his head grin

Shellington Sun 03-Feb-13 15:02:06

Hope he continues from strength to strength, January must have felt a very long month for you all!

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 06-Feb-13 22:33:49

Fantastic news! David is leaving Manchester tomorrow and is coming back to the local one he was at smile he was sat up in a chair yesterday apparently shock

He used to play football for a local disabled team and this saturday they're playing a game in his honour and his kit has been signed by Sheffield Wednesday smile

Oh wow Cunny that is just fantastic! Am so pleased for you all. Get him to give us all a little wave in Manchester!
Hope he arrives safely back home tomorrow (well not home but ykwim!)

LegoAcupuncture Wed 06-Feb-13 22:36:52

Hurray! He has done amazingly well.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Wed 06-Feb-13 22:49:10

It truly is a miracle. A few weeks ago we were sat in hospital waiting for him to die, with literally a few hours to live. And now we're waiting for him to be able to speak to us! I just can't believe it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now