This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

Pampers Baby-Dry nappies - tester review thread

(710 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-May-13 13:31:31

This thread is for the 1,000 MNers who've been trying out Pampers new Baby-Dry nappies with their baby/child. Below are some questions to get you started but please feel free to add other comments too.

All testers will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 Love2Shop voucher if they do the following:
~ add their feedback to this thread
~ complete this short survey
~ writes a review of the nappies here

Please state the age of your baby/child and the size of nappy you were trying in your response.

Q1 What was your overall impression of Pampers Baby-Dry nappies? Would you use them again? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q2 How did they compare with other nappies you've used in terms of dryness and leakage protection?

Q3 We've included some info on how much Pampers Baby-Dry nappies cost below - do you think that they're good value for money or not? Why?

Q4 If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Pampers Baby-Dry nappies to other parents? If so, why? If not, why not?

Pampers Baby Dry:
Carry Pack - £6.49
Economy Pack - £9.99
Jumbo Box - £12.99
Mega Box - £17.49
Giga Box - £22.99

You can find more info about Baby-Dry here.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!
MNHQ

frostsu Sun 16-Jun-13 21:09:43

Oh dear- I missed the question part..
Q1) what was my overall impression? Great nappy, kept my son dry all night, no leaks
Q2)no leaks
Q3) good value, cheaper nappies can leak and aren't worth if
Q4) would I recommend? Yes.

Kittyblueit Mon 17-Jun-13 09:23:52

Q1 I will always use Pampers babydry as I trust that they work and have never had a leak with these.

Q2 I think they are much better than other brands. I have had leask with others but none with these.

Q3 I do think they are good value for money within the nappy market place and they do work. However I so think they could be cheaper.

Q4 I would and do recommend these to my friends simply beacause they work.

With my first baby I started out thinking I would only use washable nappies, however by my third I am convinced that his skin is better off with these nappies.

zinja Mon 17-Jun-13 12:13:09

Hi forgot to add my baby girl is 8 1/2 months and was using size 4 shes big for her age

Ovens1980 Mon 17-Jun-13 16:28:14

Q1 What was your overall impression of Pampers Baby-Dry nappies? Would you use them again? If so, why? If not, why not?

I was very impressed with Pampers Baby-Dry nappies. I feel they are a perfect fit for my little man. I love the way they seem to hug his bum without being big and bulky in his trousers.

Q2 How did they compare with other nappies you've used in terms of dryness and leakage protection?

I have been through every nappie there is in order to find one that doesn't leak or wake up my baby in the night and Baby-Dry is the only one that does both. I have tried changing nappies but the twice i have done this I have had the same result, a crying baby through out the night which isn't good now I am back at work. They are also the only nappy i have found not to leak around the legs which is great in terms or changing outfits throughout the day.

Q3 We've included some info on how much Pampers Baby-Dry nappies cost below - do you think that they're good value for money or not? Why? I think they are great value and for this reason I buy the Giga pack. I know that way I wont run out.

Q4 If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Pampers Baby-Dry nappies to other parents? If so, why? If not, why not?

A few of my friends and now expecting and they only nappy I would and do recommend is Pampers. They are the best fit, clear indication when wet, no leaks and they keep my baby dry all night and he has slept through from 8 weeks.

Like I've said before i have tried most if not all nappies out there and baby-dry by far are the best. The only down side is they do have a funny smell when wet but that i can live with for all the other pros!

Dry, comfy leak free baby! one very happy mummy!

SpecialJK Thu 20-Jun-13 16:04:28

I like baby-dry. Soft feel and fit well. Also, they don't seem to cut into my LO down the sides of the legs which is great

Best for night-time nappy. Wouldn't consider using anything else for overnight that can absorb as much

Q3 We've included some info on how much Pampers Baby-Dry nappies cost below - do you think that they're good value for money or not? Why?

I think they are definitely more expensive, I wouldn't use for daytime use, but think it's worthwhile for a good night's sleep!

I would recommend for night-time use

Baileysagain Thu 20-Jun-13 23:05:03

Q1 what was your overall impression of Pampers Baby-Dry nappies? Would you use them again? If so why? If not, why not?

I thought they were excellent and now buy them all the time. I like the look and feel of them, they fit well and don't leak.

These were far superior to any other nappy I have ever tried for dryness and leakage.

Q3 we've included some info of how much Pampers Baby-Dry nappies cost below - do you think they are good value for money or not? Why?

They are more expensive but they are a better product and I use them day and night.

Q4 if it came up in conversation would you recommend Pampers Baby-Dry nappies to other parents? If so, why? If not, why not?

I would definitely recommend them, they are the first nappy I have used which actually keeps my son dry all night.

Welshgirl76 Mon 24-Jun-13 08:32:34

I have used Pampers nappies for both of my children, so was previously using baby dry before testing the new Baby dry nappies.
Overall impression was good , my children have never had any leaks with Pampers - both the old style or the new ones.
One thing I would point out is that I felt the new style Baby Dry seemed to be a lot "fuller" in the morning - this may be due to the fact the new style nappy does seem thinner than the old style. Regardless of how full the nappy was, there were still no leaks which is great.

I can't really compare to other brands, as Pampers is the only one I have used.

I do think Pampers are more expensive than most other brands, but their quality and the fact that they don't leak means I am happy to pay the extra.

Yes, Pampers are the only nappy I have / would recommend.

madmumm Mon 24-Jun-13 15:29:25

I tested the size 3 on my 7 month old.

Q1 I have always preferred Pampers Baby dry as nappy of choice for both of my children, but cheaper own brand nappies had tempted me away from Pampers. Testing them on my 7 month old I was suprised to find they felt so much softer and less plasticky feeling than other own brand nappies I was currently using. Much less rustling noise made as DS crawled too. Will definitley use them again.

Q2 Even after 12 hours of wear overnight the nappy still feels dry to the touch, good to know that DS is kept dry and comfortable all night, own brand nappies occassionally leaked, but no leakages so far with Pampers. The only leakage we have had is a runny poo, but not much can keep those ones in!

Q3 Yes I have to agree Pampers costs slightly more than other nappies, but I think they are worth it and don't feel I need to change DS so often as the nappy copes well containing the liquid. I always search around for the best offers and somewhere usually has Pampers on offer, very good price when on offer.

Q4 Yes would happily recommend Pampers Baby dry to others, my sister has been converted as she is so impressed with the quality and her opinion is that they smell much nicer!

Mamatoboojunior Mon 24-Jun-13 17:04:37

I was testing the size 4 on my 7 month old.

1)I am a fan of pampers baby-dry nappies and have been since my son was born but I have recently started to use supermarket own brand nappies during the day just to keep the cost down. I will however continue to use them exclusively at night. Overall I think the baby-dry nappies are the most superior available on the market and my son seems very comfortable in them.

2)They excel for dryness and leakage protection.

3)I feel that for the way that I use them i.e. 1 per night, then I get value for money but, as above, I have had to start using own brand nappies during the day in order to keep my costs down.

4)Yes I would always recommend baby-dry nappies and most people I associate with use them already.

dominika8 Tue 09-Jul-13 13:25:11

this are very good nappies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now