Things you don't want to hear a toddler say....

(271 Posts)

I'll start with "Oh dear, poo all over the place" [sigh]

Though this is closely rivalled by Nothing At All aka completeanduttersilence

SqueakyGeek Thu 17-Jan-13 11:41:04

At the beach:
'Mummy , he's got boobies. '
Or even better
'His boobies are sticking out.'

And you have to reply by repeating it back to her or she just says it again and again, louder and louder.

iProcrastinate Mon 07-Jan-13 17:11:25

"Mummy, I found the king of the spiders" - DD 3.8

2kidsintow Thu 03-Jan-13 13:43:40

"Look, i put cream on by myself"

(See photo on my profile!)

I discovered just how difficult it is to get sudocrem out of the hair....and pyjamas....and the carpet.

Then her sister decided it was so funny that she copied it (even though she was old enough to know better!)

Nivet Sat 22-Dec-12 21:30:47

DS: "Mummy I did a poo!"
Me "Where did you do a poo darling?"
DS "on the floor, it's ok I put it in the potty"

apostrophethesnowman Sat 22-Dec-12 21:26:12

Four year old, walking downstairs with a guilty look, head hung in mock ashamedness (is that a word?) saying...

Well, that's me on theNaughty List again...sigh...

ilovemybum Mon 17-Dec-12 08:59:36

This didn't happen to me but my cousin.

All sat in church listening to the choir. The choir stopped and the priest said a few words. Choir started singing again and cue her DS shouting 'not another one mummy' blush

Was at my daughters interment of ashes (she was stillborn)
DD1 (who was 3 at the time) had the tiniest cut ever on her finger. anyway, she walks up to the vicar, proudly sticking her middle finger up to show him her cut but as he cant see it she just shoves her middle finger in his face even more blush

alwaysworriedtoo Sun 16-Sep-12 14:43:54

Just reading some more of these and laughing! Just remembered once we were in publiuc toilets and DD started to open the door, whilst I was still weeing. There was a lot of people in the 'waiting' erea. So I hissed 'No!' She asked why, and because I didn't want to say outloud 'because i'm weeing' I pointed to the toilet (i was squatting. sorry if t.m.i!), thinking she'd get the hint. Instead she just said in her lovely clear voice 'oh yes youv'e got lots of hairy wee wee bits'...
Another time she pulled at my pants (whist I was sat there) looked in them and said very loudly 'I'm just checking youve not weed your pants' !

alwaysworriedtoo Sun 16-Sep-12 14:29:32

Why is that man/lady so fat? {in a VERY loud voice}

Sirzy Sat 15-Sep-12 11:12:15

Ds is 3 in November, just been out for a drink with him and my parents. Ds has just shouted "where is pas cocky?"

He meant coffee but he hasn't mastered saying that yet!

Princessdeb Sat 15-Sep-12 00:58:36

This has made me laugh out loud and reminded me of a mortifying moment from my DD. She was 2 and I had tried to ward DH about watching what he said as she was listening, he didn't take my advice. Consequently fast forward to Christmas day service in church. We had just sat down at the end of a hymn when DD pipes up in the reverent silence "For fu*ks sake!"

There follows a rapid departure by me and DD to the play area at the back of the church leaving a very embarressed DH to reap what he had sown!

juniperinNZ Fri 14-Sep-12 22:35:51

Mcdonalds here in NZ all have soft play areas attached and our local one has a rather large network of tunnels over several levels that the kids disappear into for ages, and that get very hot in summer... Cue dd, 3, running out completely naked shouting "I got too hot mummy", then "and i did a wee wee!". Packed restaurant silenced, then me having to crawl around very small tunnels for about 10 mins trying to find said clothes and puddle... (and all whilst 33 weeks pregnant...) !!

Bunsouttheoven Fri 14-Sep-12 19:18:34

Have also remembered a friends ds 3yrs old in a posh restaurant in the south of France.....
'Mummy, sometimes my willy goes all hard like this' <holds his hand & forearm rigid in the air>
'I can't bend it or anything'
We smiled politely, answered 'oh does it'smile

My dd 'I've done a wee mummy'
Me 'where?'
Dd 'follow the drippy trail'

blondieminxwithGOLDandORANGE Fri 14-Sep-12 18:01:44

thanks to Helen at MNHQ!

blondieminxwithGOLDandORANGE Fri 14-Sep-12 17:40:46

How is this not in Classics yet?!

AllPastYears Thu 13-Sep-12 12:41:36

"dd1 'is that the lady with the big nose I'm not supposed to talk about?' (loudly, on a bus, pointing at her)"

gringringrin

(Poor woman!)

ZuleikaD Thu 13-Sep-12 12:13:59

Perhaps Driftwood thinks we're all a bit juvenile for finding amusement in stories of other people's DCs toilet-mishaps. Personally I rather like the no-holds barred toddler approach better than the blushing adults we all turn into. grin

perceptionreality Thu 13-Sep-12 12:06:15

'She's dropped it' (meaning I've dropped it)

on holiday she kept pointing at the same man and saying 'grumpy man!' was so embarrassing!

MrsJohnMurphy Thu 13-Sep-12 12:01:27

Mummy kiss my cock shock was very perturbed until I noticed he had a cockerel puppet on his hand grin.

Mole007 Thu 13-Sep-12 11:41:59

Mummy, Jonty (his little brother) is arsing about blush

Mummy, why are you breathing?

I'm sick of cleaning the floor (aged 2!)

Mummy, Daddy's sick of Jonty (cue Daddy blush)

Mummy, I can't wee wee with my socks on confused

Badvoc Thu 13-Sep-12 11:37:40

I dread the word
"ooopsy"
From my ds2 (3)

babyincubator Thu 13-Sep-12 11:29:49

oops, i missed the 'you don't want to hear' bit of the thread. My DS saying 'hug my hand' is exactly what I DO want to hear!

2muchtimeonmyhands Thu 13-Sep-12 11:29:45

My heart sinks when I hear the word
"nuffing!"
Usually indiates he's drawn on the tv OR
poked yet another hole in his dads beloved speakers that he stupidly insists on keeping in the living room OR
he's missed his potty and shit on the floor.

I also run like the wind when I hear,
"Mammy, look, I'm a fireman!" this is when I find him jumping onto curtains from something high so he can slide down his "firemans pole" Fireman sam has alot to answer for...

babyincubator Thu 13-Sep-12 11:26:15

hug my hand

RuleBritannia Thu 13-Sep-12 10:01:08

I have mentioned this one on another thread. I was standing on a bus with two small DCs. DS was 2. An 'older' woman standing next to us had her bag on the floor between her feet, leaving her hands free to hold on. She was standing sideways to us so one leg was hidden.

DS --it's always loudly, isn't it?--: "Mummy, why has that lady only got one leg?" Cue a ripple of laughter on the bus. The other passenger thought it was funny, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now