A dog shat on my picnic

(198 Posts)
marmaladetwatkins Mon 18-Apr-11 12:55:44

So I threw all of my picnic food in the bin because it made me feel like vomiting my spleen out. DH says I was being a bit OTT but honestly, I do not like dog shit.

WIBU to waste food after a dog shit on my picnic blanket?

knittedbreast Mon 18-Apr-11 12:56:52

why did you let it shit on your picnic? couldnt you have shooed it away?

cybboid Mon 18-Apr-11 12:57:14

What? Did it squat down and do it in front of you?

Groovee Mon 18-Apr-11 12:57:18

what??? Did the dog do it's business on your blanket or the actual food and why was it near it anyway?

usualsuspect Mon 18-Apr-11 12:57:25

How did this happen ? was the picnic blanket unattended

Collision Mon 18-Apr-11 12:57:49

We need more info before we judge. grin

Where was the owner with the poop scoop?!

SpringHeeledJack Mon 18-Apr-11 12:57:50

photos please

strandedbear Mon 18-Apr-11 12:58:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strandedbear Mon 18-Apr-11 12:58:58

So a dog just strolled up to your picnic and took a dump and you didn't do anything?

cybboid Mon 18-Apr-11 12:59:25

I would kill the dog AND the owner if that happened to me

<I wouldnt before I get irate dig owners flaming me>

But you know what I mean

Hassled Mon 18-Apr-11 12:59:34

No one likes dog shit. YANBU.

Once I was about to take a bite of a sandwich in a park and a small boy (not one of mine) came up and pissed into the bushes behind me. There was a golden arc of urine centimetres away from my head. Put me right off.

confuseddotcodotuk Mon 18-Apr-11 12:59:39

strandedbear: <<boak>>

The word you're looking for is 'shat'

HTH

albania Mon 18-Apr-11 13:00:13

How did this happen?

grin

strandedbear Mon 18-Apr-11 13:00:35

Pagwatch Mon 18-Apr-11 13:01:24

grin at jareth and shit related pedantry.

MeRightYouWrongMeBigYouSmall Mon 18-Apr-11 13:01:35

I use the phrase "Don't rain on my parade" i think i'll replace it with "Don't shit on my picnic" grin

SpringHeeledJack - you want to see photos of dog turd?

Ha Ha This has made me remember when I was at the northampton balloon festival and my dog was on a lead, being good imo at the time, i was standing there innocently wacthing the balloons go up and when i looked at dog, he was eating someones picnic, as the sat there just watching him blush I left quickly grin

marmaladetwatkins Mon 18-Apr-11 13:02:30

Sorry I have not set the scene well. I will try again.

DH and DS and I set out for a picnic yesterday afternoon. We found a nice spot under a tree by the river, put our blanket down and laid out our picnic food/plates etc. Then from out of nowhere, this three-legged dog came up and proceeded to do a right sloppy shit on the edge of my picnic blanket (also in bin, but was only £3.99 from Home Bargains so not lost much) His owner pursued, laughing. "She could have picked a better spot!" she said. I laughed and said not to worry, even though inside I was screaming like an Edvard Munch painting.

The owner collected the cack and DH cleaned the blanket with a wet wipe. DH and DS continued tucking into their butties whilst I looked mournfully at mine. Try as I might, I couldn't get the image of the bum gravy spraying out of this dog's bum onto my blanket. DH asked what was up and I said I'd simply lost my appetite due to the heat. I went and threw my sandwiches into the bin. DH said he knew it was because I was feeling icky because of the dog doo and that I was being silly.

Worst bit was about an hour later we walked to an ice-cream shop and I had a devon toffee ice cream and DS started going "ha ha mummy's ice cream looks like that dogs poo from the picnic"

cybboid Mon 18-Apr-11 13:02:30

LOL at 'Dont shit on my picnic'

very good

cybboid Mon 18-Apr-11 13:03:11

ROAR at Maramalde Atkins

WHAt a hoot

you poor thing

MeRightYouWrong - The phrase I use is "Well, that pissed on my chips"

hmm

marmaladetwatkins Mon 18-Apr-11 13:04:23

Honestly, it all happened so fast, I couldn't stop him. I don't think the dog could stop things either. He ws bounding over (as best as he could on three legs, poor thing) then he got to our spot and all hell broke loose.

You know who it is when we have the squits? It's uncontrollable. I think that's what the dog had. Dog squits. There was nothing that could be done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now