Bring on New Year Bfp's, it's Just Shagging thread 13!

(1000 Posts)
DingDongBelle Sun 30-Dec-12 13:16:00

Couldn't stand a Fred with only a couple of posts left so I filled it up!

Here is the 13th installation of the Just Shagging saga. If you're a bit lazy relaxed in your approach to getting upduffed, come over here for a natter!

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share brew and wine with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce envy in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband shock wink

The link to Part 12 is HERE

The link to the latest grads thread is HERE

Happy shagging shaggers grin

MelodyHarmony Sun 20-Jan-13 15:38:43

COOOO EEEE! Only me! How is everyone? Fed up with the snow?

I see some others have ventured into the wider realms of MN. I tried it a few times then got bored. And thought it best I stay here where it's safe, funny and friendly.

Laughing at all your big boobs! Mine only grow a bit in pg then fill out nicely when feeding. My DH is hilarious he gets all excited about the prospect of my bigger boobs my normal boobs look like pyramid tea bags but then he gets scared of milk leaking all over him so won't actually come anywhere near them!!!

So...anyone had the urge to POAS?

Andie loving your willpower.

Cookie how's it going with you? Still no sign of AF?

Woop for all the BFPs. Nothing to report here, although we did DtD more this month, and more closely around ov days, so I'm on the 2WW.

Question - I know ICs are 'Internet Cheapies', what are FMU and FRER please? Assume pg tester kits of some kind? Might have to do some Amazon shopping later...

Ta! Oh, and enjoy/be careful in the snow!

MrsBri Sun 20-Jan-13 17:06:09

FMU is first morning urine and FRER is a First Response Early Result test. :-)

Best used in conjunction!

Thanks MrsBri - I shall def go shopping then. Are FRER considered the best in the business then? I know it's all about sensitivity to hormone levels...

MrsBri Sun 20-Jan-13 17:38:18

They're good if you're impatient! But ICs are actually a touch more sensitive, strangely enough, though people do say they're hit and miss. I got my BFP 3 days early on a FRER. :-)

Impatient? Moi? Nooooooo. Just 'organised'. HA.

I shall get both then. Best to be prepared, right? I was a girl scout

AndieDisestablishment Sun 20-Jan-13 18:31:47

Thanks ladies. Toby I see your point of view but for someone to judge me just because I'm the step mom is absurd. The lack of sisterly love on some threads is scary.l

AndieDisestablishment Sun 20-Jan-13 18:33:42

Stupid thumbs!! **I will be staying on this lovely thread where it's safe and never shall I stray.

Cleo I think the snow making me less eager to go to the shops has helped my willpower.lol

Humpty Preparation is key.

cookielove Sun 20-Jan-13 18:45:56

Melody still no AF, did a test yesterday morning and it was a bfn.

Have given dh my last test to hide he'll give it back to me on fri and I'll test agsin on sat again. Although I have bought some ic's so I may cheat if they arribe earlier then next sat. Or maybe my af will show up.

Rockchick1984 Mon 21-Jan-13 07:59:24

Morning shaggers! Cookie any news? I truly admire your willpower! Any sign of the IC's yet

I think I ovulated yesterday but haven't had a positive on an OPK, when would the positive have happened if it was going to? I tested Friday around 2pm, same Saturday, had light cramping on one side Sunday morning, then tested around 1pm Sunday. Does that mean I missed it, or has it just not happened yet?

I tend to venture further into the big wide world of Mumsnet but avoid controversy and stick to areas I know a bit about to offer advice (used to work in finance so can often be found loitering the money matters board) - the only places I've ever seen proper fighting is AIBU but there does seem to be some bitches on all the sections sad

AndieDisestablishment Mon 21-Jan-13 08:57:03

Gah! The witch is here. Evil bitch caught me when I least expected her! Had NO symptoms she was coming so I'm sad

DS is off nursery because of the snow (all schools in our borough closed) so I'll distract myself with snowman construction.

Rock No clue about OPKs

Cookie Fx for you still.

Boo to the witch Andie sad

I'm another one who steers well clear of certain areas of MN -especially the step parenting bit. I'm a step mum, and sometimes feel like I could really do with a winge/vent and would never do so as I have seen the vitriol hurled at SMs, just because they dare to be in a relationship with a man who had children with another woman! Or that is how it seems anyway. Never mind the fact that I also have children, who are also step children, and that I was the "woman whose DH left" too.

Have fun with the snowman - we had a whole day of snow here (rare enough) but I was stuck away from home on a work trip so missed all the snowman building fun with my DCs sad

big fat hairy ones to the witch andie
rock I've never got on with opk's (small bladder I wee way too much!) but I think they show when u are or have just ovulated so might show today?! (anyone else feel free to correct me!)

MotherOfCleo Mon 21-Jan-13 10:00:47

Hum, after your thoughts, so I'm now about 6 days past positive OPK and have some light cramping. I'm slightly worried as I never got any OV cramps this month like I did last month, I'm concerned I'm OVing late...although this would be very late! I did get epically sore and tender boobs the days after my positive OPK which I think can be a sign of OV so perhaps I just missed out on the OV cramps this month? (lucky me) The current cramps are very light and don't feel particularly like OV cramps but I'm just being a worry wart and thought I would ask. My boobs are still crazily sore even now. Just wondered if any of you had ever had anything similar?

MotherOfCleo Mon 21-Jan-13 10:12:18

Rock what makes you think you are OVing? Do you use your OPKS the same time each day? You should get a positive 12 - 48 hours before you OV I think. Although they only pick up the hormone surge so OV could still be delayed.....if that makes sense. They say you can miss the surge but mine lasted 2 days so it would have been hard to miss. Have your lines got any darker? Try today and make sure you hold your wee for at least 3 hours before hand, I usually try to do my OPK between 11 and 3 as someone once told me that late morning/early arvo was the best time. If you are getting some cramps which is why you think you are OVing, just be aware that some people cramp before the OV, others when the Ov and others after they OV so it's a bit of a minefield. Hope all that rambling was of some help??? Never my most eloquent on a Monday lol grin

Rockchick1984 Mon 21-Jan-13 10:46:51

Cleo I had a faint 2nd line on it yesterday, nothing but the control line the day before so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what today brings - I'm on day 15 of a 27 day cycle so should be around now at the latest! Sorry I can't give you any advice in return on your cramps - is it too early for implantation as I read that can cause light cramps?

MotherOfCleo Mon 21-Jan-13 10:59:18

Rock I think you are meant to always have a faint second line, if you don't get a second line at all I think it means the test is faulty hmm
Yes I would have thought that by CD15 of a 27 day cycle you would have a positive. Have you used OPKs before? Do you know when you Ovd last month? I know some people OV later than others. Perhaps today will be the day! smile
I guess it could be? They are really light cramps.I don't like to get my hopes up as they are always dashed. I'm just going to ignore them and not read anything into it.

Rockchick1984 Mon 21-Jan-13 11:15:33

Never used them before, always been a true JSer until this month! I wonder if I ovulated on the day there was no line, and the test was dodgy? I'm only really using them as a guide anyway, we DTD at least every other day anyway!

MotherOfCleo Mon 21-Jan-13 11:18:14

ahh you should be fine then rock. I only use them as a guide too! More because I have irregular periods and I can work out from when I OV when to expect AF. grin

Bearface Mon 21-Jan-13 17:52:54

Hi Everyone,

You could have ov'd on that one day Rock, but if you had been DTD EOD then it really shouldn't matter too much anyway. Like Cleo I have only used them for one cycle just so that I know roughly when I ov.

Well, I withdrew from the job interview that was miles away but better paid mainly because I was worried that a full-time job would consume all my energy and I would have to put off TTC for another chunk of time, which is partly why I left the last job in the first place. So now I've got some more secure work for the next couple of months which is good as I can look for something more permanent in the meantime and not have to work every hour God sends. Phew! More time for shagging grin

Rockchick1984 Mon 21-Jan-13 18:24:45

Think I was stressing too soon - 2nd line was almost as obvious as the first so presume that means ov is just around the corner - best don that shag cape for the next few days so if I'm not on here much you all know why grin

frogchops Mon 21-Jan-13 18:59:07

Sounds good to me rock!! I Dtd when i got a slight line and after I got an opk like your last one. That was my only two Dtd I could've possibly upduffed with! Cape time!!

Bear, sounds lie a good decision, whatever works for you and your plans wink

Am currently away for dps bday, was going to be a dirty lovely week away filled with cape time. Instead my boobs are so sore, I'm cramping and starving! Lol

cookielove Mon 21-Jan-13 19:05:34

Hello all smile

What a hard day at work 11 people off today, 9 of which used snow as an excuse!!

Any way still no af. I almost got my hands on a test for tomorrow but it slipped through my fingers (drat) ic's should be here on thurs grin

Bear you need to do whats right for you

Bearface Mon 21-Jan-13 19:19:21

Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure I am doing the right thing. I'm choosing life over money! smile

Cookie - did the test literally slip through your fingers or did you pick it up and then see someone you knew in the shop so put it back kind of scenario? I'm really intrigued as to how it got away from you grin

cookielove Mon 21-Jan-13 19:37:12

grin my work colleague who knows I am late was going to bring in a test for me last week but she was off till tomorrow. I was saying how I got dh to hide my test so but that I could cheat and use her one and she decided not till bring it in till thurs so I can't use it early sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.