Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Shagged Out Viroids 6th Thread! From Early Days to Ready To Pop - Proof that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:24:47

Hello and welcome to another shiny fred for Just Shagging graduates!

The last fred was nice and busy so fingers crossed we get lots more members grin

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 5 thread, where we finally found out that a 'viroid' is from the original JSing thread 1, where someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead!
The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since.

Our stats thread is here, so if you find us, please add your stats too.

There is also a Just Mumming thread for grads of the grads thread confused grin

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here, now on the 12th thread thanks

Hi all! Had my 28 week scan yesterday where i found out that i have excess fluid poly something? Chubber weighs 3lbs already

WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 17:33:21

Hi something! Haven't heard from you in ages - I'm so glad everything seems to be going well. Is that fluid thing when you retain the fluid ie. swollen feet and hands etc?

28 weeks - so exciting! I'll be 23 on Saturday so not too far behind you grin

For some reason my phone hated the old fred and wouldn let me type! Loves this one though? grin

Er its something to with to much amniotic fluid so therfore i mesure 32cm at 28 weeks!

how are you?

WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 18:21:54

So glad your phone is happy now too smile

That's ironic as I'm sure you said you weren't showing that much early on - or have I made that up?!

I'm fine thanks smile The last couple of weeks have been manic and normally I think I'd have been knocking back the wine but obviously haven't at all.

Although, there was an offer of 3-for-£5 on those little individual bottles of wine so I bought three of each colour a few last week and might have to treat myself to one tonight!

I still dont really have a bump so i dont have a clue where this baby and fluid is?

i have been craving wine and beer and have indulged in a small glass tonight yummm

Ill find a link to my bump smile

[[ http://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply&__user=1207017608 28 week bump]]

[[ m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply&__user=1207017608 28 week bump]]

Arh my link wont format so ill post it in the fb group

WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 18:58:21
WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 18:59:07

Hmm, the link does but it goes through to the mobile site which is WEIRD on a laptop!

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 06-Dec-12 19:06:38

Child, I found out I was no longer immune to rubella (ella, ella) when I was pg with DS. They gave me the jab once he was out & we were on the way out of the post-natal ward (they wouldn't 'let' me leave without it), I just avoided massive groups of snotty kids until then!

Still only 5weeks here, but feeling more positive about this one. Although I've been so tired I'm really glad I didn't get pg (and sticky) earlier, IYSWIM?

Hope everyone else is doing well?

I was rubella non immune with DS got one out of the two injections and this time im immune

Hello everyone, nice to be on a brand new fred. I am all referred to midwives/obsgynae etc now, and have a lovely BMI but very low blood pressure. Managed to faint 3 times today sad only hurt myself once so could have been worse.

My mood is a bit meh at the moment - hormones, and not being on ADs, and strsses of doing up the house I think! Hoping that once things get rolling in terms of booking in appts and the first scan I will feel a lot more positive. GP gave me a due date of 29 July, but that will probably change after the scan.

Any tips on coping with the fainting malarkey?

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 06-Dec-12 20:44:30

No tips on coping with fainting I'm afraid waves but hope you feel better soon. I think that low blood pressure does pass but its something to do with extra/less blood volume or something. Apologies or the completely unelightening post.

I am better with polyhydramnios though ... I had it in both previous pregnancies, badly with DD. Have they done a GTT test something? Do you know if they are going to do any further tests? My one piece of advice is DON'T google it!

I have a mini bottle of wine so think I might join you Wing!

WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 20:49:18

Hmm, waves I actually only fainted after I had DS, not when I was pregnant. I've always had fairly low BP and have had to be careful with things like getting out of bed, up from a chair, couldn't do yoga(!) etc. Being pregnant makes my BP go up to normal levels! confused Perhaps your house stresses could do the same? actually being serious

I've not had experience with ADs but if it affects you too much, aren't there some you can take when pregnant? Or would that mean potentially going onto another type which can either not work or give you bad side effects? I wonder if anyone on the mental health topics could help if you need advice.

Gary glad you're feeling positive about this one. Are you sure you're not actually Kate Middleton? Go on, we won't tell anyone... wink

guinea my gtt is normal mw wanted me scanned again but i have a scan in 4 weeks and she said there wouldnt be any point in doing one sooner.

Ive mesured ahead since 26 weeks but its consistent at 4 weeks ahead so at least im not getting bigger each time! grin

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 06-Dec-12 21:06:39

Just marking my place. smile

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 06-Dec-12 21:47:08

Something in the vast majority of cases polyhydramnios has no known cause (called idiopathic polyhydramnios) so I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes it can cause more Braxton hicks contractions/false labours (I had loads with DD). Be prepared for a big gush when your waters break - when I had DD by elcs there was so much fluid the Dr dropped DD back in! shock grin

WingDefence Thu 06-Dec-12 22:18:53

Guinea I googled it blush

tiredteddy Thu 06-Dec-12 23:16:13

Found you! Just got in from third night out in a row, must slow down! Very tired, going to bed will catch up properly in the morning.

Pineapple80 Thu 06-Dec-12 23:17:40

Greetings from Singapore! smile We are doing good and absolutely loving the warm weather.

cola - so happy the scan went well!! My scan also showed baby measured 2 days older than calculated from LMP. Do you all generally follow the measurement then? What's the norm? And 6 pics too, yay!

something - interesting reading about that, had never heard about it before actually.

waves - I have had two bouts of almost fainting, I get very dizzy, sweat profusely and feel very sick. It's an awful feeling but I don't faint luckily. Hope you're ok and didn't get hurt fainting, take care! I didn't get my blood results back before I left so unfortunately not sure what caused my dizziness, apparently my BP was normal.

Hi to everyone else! Keep warm and take caresmile

Pineapple80 Thu 06-Dec-12 23:19:02

Have a good rest tired!

MrsBri Fri 07-Dec-12 07:19:05

Hello all...marking my spot :-)

Not sure how you've managed 3 nights out, tired. It's my work do tonight, and I'm dreading it after the most appalling night's sleep last night. I won't be staying late!

Hi pineapple :-) Glad the journey is going OK. Have you flown with Singapore? I like them...flew to Sydney with them and thought they were really good. And Chiangi is an awesome airport :-)

See im wondering if i had it undiagnosed with DS as when they went it was a tidal wave and at one point i mesured 4/5 weeks ahead with him?

The dr broke them i felt a small trickle she took her hand and saw out and i flooded the bed/floor and everytime i contracted there was another gush. guess im just a watery lady grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.