To be pretty sure i am pregnant - despite neg test?

(149 Posts)
Odaat Mon 24-Mar-14 14:28:13

I have has two very fuzzy / super light positives - but he rest are negatives. I feel pregnant though. Think period due today or tomorrow... Am i testing too early?

Odaat Mon 24-Mar-14 14:29:30

The positives are questionable as on one of them there was two lines then it randomly disappeared after 10 mins?!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 24-Mar-14 14:29:44

Did you use a clear blue digital test - they are accurate ,aren't they? I think you have to test actually on the day of what would be your period. I think…

deakymom Mon 24-Mar-14 14:30:09

i had two negatives with my daugher she is 13 grin try tomorrow x

deakymom Mon 24-Mar-14 14:30:51

and i used clear blue they were wrong x

I always found the shops own basic ones to be much more sensitive than the digital ones.

maybe re test again tomorrow?

NoodleOodle Mon 24-Mar-14 14:32:30

Try again tomorrow. Have you been TTC?

Me23 Mon 24-Mar-14 14:32:47

I found first response test to be good and very sensitive.

wonderingsoul Mon 24-Mar-14 14:37:24

i had 4 days of negative but i knew i was pregant with ds2.

i would test when you expect your period. then a couple days later to.

good luck xx

yummystepford Mon 24-Mar-14 14:38:20

Even the faintest positive is a positive I did 7 tests with 2 very faint positives that seemed to disappear. The next day, in the afternoon I got a tesco own brand that was definitely positive!

Congratulations

wonderingsoul Mon 24-Mar-14 14:38:27

oh an di would go for a basic one.. even pound land ones where better then the expensive dig ones for me.

Benby Mon 24-Mar-14 14:45:20

Hi the tesco own brand are really sensitive I got a bfp with a middle of the day sample 5 days early it was fait but it was there I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant.
Good luck I hope you get the result you want

AnotherSpinningFuckingRainbow Mon 24-Mar-14 14:48:45

Clear blue are rubbish, got BFN on them and BFP on the cheapo pound shop ones. Pound shop ones were accurate as DC1 and DC2 can attest.

eltsihT Mon 24-Mar-14 14:58:31

I knew I was pregnant, was feeling sick in the mornings, couldn't stand the smell of coffee. I got negative tests till the say after my period was due. I think you are testing to early

BumpNGrind Mon 24-Mar-14 15:12:32

I tested a few days before AF was due, negative. AF arrived so we carried on ttc, next month I was pregnant. Shock of my life when it turned out I was already nearly two months pregnant.

Sometimes it takes a while for the HGC hormones to reach the right level for tests to detect.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Mon 24-Mar-14 15:18:50

My 3 weeks of negative tests when I just knew i was pregnant is napping across the room from me.
Buy a pack of dip tests from amazon, I bought about 30 the day I got a bfp. Will save them for the next time.

PastaandCheese Mon 24-Mar-14 15:23:16

My negative test is sleeping in his Moses basket.

Clear Blue did nothing for me. A First Response got a result the day after my period was due with DS. I got a fat positive with DD on First Response two days before period was due so it can differ.

Hope you get the result you want. thanks

No-one can answer this.

My middle DD didn't show up on a test until I had felt her kick.

She, now nearly 19, got a "positive" the other week, she has PCOS, she went for a blood test, she isn't pregnant, she had a flux of hormones.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 24-Mar-14 15:33:05

testing too early. just have patience

EddieVeddersfoxymop Mon 24-Mar-14 15:42:13

My negative tests and inconclusive bloods is currently eating cake while I try and coax her to get her homework done.

Test again tomorrow.

ProlificPenguin Mon 24-Mar-14 15:44:00

I was 11 days late and five tests in before I got a positive.

If you had a fuzzy/light positive then you are.

Filimou Mon 24-Mar-14 15:48:23

I never had a positive with DS, even had a blood test done as were trying to conceive, my period was two weeks late and I was due to go on holiday, if it was negative we were going to put ttc on hold for a couple of weeks and scuba dive, celebrate my brothers birthday over there (read: get tanked) amongst other stuff.
Blood test was negative so doc said probably just stress from ttc.
Went on holiday, did all the stuff I wanted and then three days before I was due to come home I got the most horrendous sickness, every smell would set it off and I couldnt eat, which then made it worse.
Had loads of "oooo you must be pregnant", did another test when I got home and that was negative, and collapsed at work. had really bad cramps and some bleeding, went to the hospital, they scanned and I was 9 weeks pregnant. The sickness never got better, ended up on medication for that but was very anxious about my holiday activities for the whole pregnancy, after all I would have been 7 weeks pregnant.

Dawndonnaagain Mon 24-Mar-14 16:08:57

I had a doctor that was fascinated with my negative pregnancy tests, still negative right up to the day before I had my now 29 year old ds!

Odaat Mon 24-Mar-14 17:07:05

This is all very interesting... Not so black and white as one would assume. I will have to test again in the morn. Fingers x I am. We haven't been trying yet but i do want one as does dh. Dd is just one though smile I am just totally perplexed as to how a line came and went??

Fairy1303 Mon 24-Mar-14 17:50:25

My lines were so feint DH told me I had imagined them.

DS is now 9 months.
A line is a line is a line and all that. Test tomorrow with FMU, congratulations will be in order I reckon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now