to find friends sexual history a bit grim?

(255 Posts)
LoversThatWentWrong Sat 09-Mar-13 15:39:58

Now I'm not a prude or a "pearl clutcher" but we got onto the subject of how many people we had slept with etc and I found my friends sexual past not shocking, just really grim.

She has slept with 15ish people and couldn't remember half of their names. Nothing wrong with that if you're single and enjoy no strings attached sex but she only slept with most of these men in order to get her numbers up. To boast about how many men shes slept with.

I know other people who slept around a lot in their past but they did it because they were single and enjoyed sex - it wasn't about getting their numbers up at all.

pinkyredrose Sat 09-Mar-13 15:41:39

15? Is that all? Stop being so
judgemental.

Tee2072 Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:00

Getting her numbers up? hmm Has she low self esteem then?

sooperdooper Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:02

The rule about other people's sex life I always follow is, if you might not like the answer, don't ask the question

As long as she stayed safe and she doesn't have an issue about it, it's not your place to judge

pinkyredrose Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:10

Oh and YABU

WireCatWhore Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:12

Have you missed a zero off the end?

HerbyVore Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:34

Judge-tastic!

grin

sooperdooper Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:40

Oh, and agree with pinkyrefrose, 15 isn't that many anyway

WorraLiberty Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:45

It sounds like she worded it wrong and meant 'to experience a variety of men' or something.

If it was numbers and boasting she was into, she'd just lie...no-one would know.

MrsWolowitz Sat 09-Mar-13 15:42:47

On the one hand, it's none of your business but on the other, sleeping around just to get her 'numbers up' is wierd and very immature, and well, yes a bit grim.

Each unto their own, I couldn't care less about anyones 'number' or their reasons why as long as they are ok with it themselves.

Hassled Sat 09-Mar-13 15:44:11

Is 15ish really that bad?

Anyway - I do agree that sleeping with someone for the numbers is madness but I doubt that's actually why she's doing it; it's much more likely to be to do with self-esteem/needing validation that she's attractive.

LadyPessaryPam Sat 09-Mar-13 15:44:23

That's a paltry score.

pinkyredrose Sat 09-Mar-13 15:44:53

Yes what 'worra' said, she could've lied about her number and no-one would know.

OTTMummA Sat 09-Mar-13 15:46:56

The number is irrelevant really, as it depends on each persons 'number' as to wether they think it is low or high ( its higher than I would be comfortable with ) but so long as she is happy about it then I don't see why you should dwell on it :S
Or am I just weird to not be interested in other people's sexual history?

YABU. The only sex life I'm interested in is my own. Couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone elses, or how many people they've slept with either. It's none of your business, stop judging.

HillBilly76 Sat 09-Mar-13 15:48:34

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HollyMadison Sat 09-Mar-13 15:49:44

Er, you don't sound a very good friend.

LoopDeLoops Sat 09-Mar-13 15:49:52

You know what's really grim? You coming on ere to tell us that.

LoversThatWentWrong Sat 09-Mar-13 15:50:25

I think people are reading this wrong, or I've worded myself badly. I don't care how many she (or anyone else) has slept with - could 15/150/1500. I don't care.

The number is irrelevant.

It's the fact that she slept with most of them to say that she'd slept with this many. She said she had a competition going with a friend of who could sleep with more men etc.

LoopDeLoops Sat 09-Mar-13 15:51:15

Yeah, she 'said' that. Whatever. hmm

LaQueen Sat 09-Mar-13 15:51:50

God, there is nothing more dreary than other people's sex lives...I'm not remotely interested.

LoversThatWentWrong Sat 09-Mar-13 15:52:36

Couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone elses, or how many people they've slept with either

Neither could I. I'm not judging the number in the slightest. It's the reason behind it.

juneybean Sat 09-Mar-13 15:53:22

It's all subjective surely, 15 is a lot to me.

500internalerror Sat 09-Mar-13 15:53:51

If she did all this post 30, when she should have gone past this kind of phase, that's one thing. But I'm guessing this is 15 over a lifetime, including the carefree years? If so, it's nothing. Most people have had fun in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now