to think having a photo of your child as your Facebook profile photo is sad?

(155 Posts)
TateForViolet Sat 02-Mar-13 19:57:56

I mean a photo of just your child/children without you in it too.

I absolutely love being a mum, and I love my children more than I could ever say but I still have an identity - I'm not just a mother.

ginmakesitallok Sat 02-Mar-13 19:58:33

But she's cuter than I am??

SirBoobAlot Sat 02-Mar-13 20:02:34

YABU.

This comes up a lot on here for some reason. People also have pictures of cats as their facebook picture - they're more than cat lovers too, they just want a picture of a cat there.

My picture is currently one with me and DS, but I'm sure once I take a cute picture of him without me in it, I'll use that. Or maybe a cat.

Euphemia Sat 02-Mar-13 20:02:40

I'm a teacher and I don't want people to think they've found me. smile

My identity does not begin and end with facebook! I'm not defined by a single image on an over-rated social networking site.

Tee2072 Sat 02-Mar-13 20:03:08

Sad? Really? Okay.

NumericalMum Sat 02-Mar-13 20:04:13

I think it is sadder to get so upset by it that you start an AIBU post about it.

Do you have nothing else to think about? YABU

crashdoll Sat 02-Mar-13 20:04:43

Your profile pic does not define your identity.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Sat 02-Mar-13 20:04:55

YABU, My DD is alot better looking than me.

Fairylea Sat 02-Mar-13 20:06:02

My facebook. My profile picture. My choice smile

I don't know why people worry about what others have as their picture. It's all just random fun really isn't it. Facebook isn't for taking too seriously.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 02-Mar-13 20:06:18

YABU. Oh, and get over it wink

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 02-Mar-13 20:06:25

YABU.

I'm a right minger. DD is the most stunningly beautiful child ever born biased

StellaNova Sat 02-Mar-13 20:06:37

My Dads profile pic is a car....

Rowlers Sat 02-Mar-13 20:06:45

Teacher here too and don't want to be recognised by kids at school.

PenelopePisstop Sat 02-Mar-13 20:06:55

I'm not a fan of photos of children at work on desks, walls and stuck on PC. And drawings that their children of done. Sorry just don't get it. Why? Might you forget what your children look like, want to show everyone what a doting parent you are? Each to their own I suppose.

Loshad Sat 02-Mar-13 20:07:33

ditto euphemia, as a teacher i wouldn't dream of having a photo of me as my profile pic, but also you are taking this way too seriously.

YABU....people choose pics important to them and if they want to chose their children then great! I personally don't as it's a public picture (I'm not a "PEEDO EMRGUNCY" type person, I just choose not to have a pic of her on there publicly), and I'm a complete cam-whore who's always taking pics of my crazy hair....so I just have a pic of my current hair grin

CabbageLeaves Sat 02-Mar-13 20:07:40

My profile pic is my dog. I love him. I want people to see him and admire his canine handsomeness and cute little face... and bask vicariously in that

It's probably more worrying that my pic is not of my DC grin

MajaBiene Sat 02-Mar-13 20:08:05

Lots of mums and dads have pictures of their kids (or pets!) on their Facebook - have they all lost their identity?

Caladria Sat 02-Mar-13 20:09:20

It is very weird and a bit creepy. Cars, cats, dogs, trees etc ... are all fine because they aren't self-aware (and won't ever be).

AcidWashSkinny Sat 02-Mar-13 20:09:40

StellaNova

Is your dad a transformer? grin

GogoGobo Sat 02-Mar-13 20:10:45

YABU and Penelope....biscuit for you for that nobby post

freddiefrog Sat 02-Mar-13 20:11:38

I don't use pics of any of us as my profile pic. It's currently a pic of row of local beach huts at sunset.

Profile and cover pics are public aren't they? I want to keep photos of me/my family more private

gimmeanaxe Sat 02-Mar-13 20:11:53

i went and put one there. Is it bugging you? Is it? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now