Cambridge Weight Plan - anyone on it or about to start it and want to support each other?

(594 Posts)
NickNacks Tue 15-Dec-15 20:38:22

I have my first appointment with my consultant booked for three weeks time. I've done lots of research and prepping and just wondered if anyone else was in the same position? I could do with the support! smile

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Wed 30-Dec-15 15:02:12

I am starting on Saturday -my best friend has lost 10 stones recently and is my mentor now. She has seen my wobbly bits on many occasions so I am not too scared about talking to her.

I have exactly four stone to lose.

I am starting on level 2

NickNacks Wed 30-Dec-15 16:55:41

Fantastic, please let me know how you get on. I hear the first few days are pretty tough and then it gets easier. My first appt is on Friday 8th. Tbh now Christmas is over I just want to get cracking on with it. Good luck!

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Wed 30-Dec-15 17:05:18

I am eating everything in the house so I won't feel awful throwing stuff away. I am also getting over a chest infection so I need to 'build myself up'......grinwink

NickNacks Wed 30-Dec-15 17:12:22

I've been given a 'pre diet' list of things to do which I will start on Monday but until like you I am emptying the cupboards of all the naughty stuff!!

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Wed 30-Dec-15 18:07:05

My friend is a realist! She knows me well.... She knew what was in my cupboards without looking .... I gave five bottles of jack Daniels to get through....(all gifts from grateful parents) .... I doubt I will even make a dent

NickNacks Sun 03-Jan-16 08:38:49

How are you getting on 20th?

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Sun 03-Jan-16 12:21:36

I am having to wimp out for a couple of days ---

I am getting over pneumonia and I am still on my steroids - albeit reducing doses now.

DH is poorly too but we are emerging into the daylight later to do a biggish shop - I have looked at my list of foods I can eat and I have made a proper shopping list.

Looking at starting on Wednesday when my steroids finish.

If I start now I will give up in a couple of hours!!!

doitanyways Sun 03-Jan-16 12:22:52

I started on Friday and I am a consultant so happy to help with any questions smile (I'm not practicing at the moment though so it isn't a plea for busines!)

NickNacks Sun 03-Jan-16 12:42:23

Ok I have a question...

I have read that teas and coffees can be included on SS but do they need to be black? I only drink regular tea 2/3 cups s day and wonder if I can have a splash of skimmed milk and a sweetener in them? Or is that a no no?

NickNacks Sun 03-Jan-16 12:42:43

And thank you doit!

doitanyways Sun 03-Jan-16 12:51:16

Officially no, definitely not wink The sweetener is fine.

However, unofficially, it probably won't impact your weight loss but do use skimmed and I'd personally say keep it as two smile

In early stages it's so easy to fall off plan and on plan with tea or not on plan at all - the former is definitely better.

NickNacks Sun 03-Jan-16 12:56:43

Thanks so much. I can definitely limit it to two and will be fine on skimmed milk, I don't like milky tea but really not sure I could do black tea. I agree being on with a teeny tiny cheat is better that bit doing it all all. smile

Movingout Sun 03-Jan-16 20:51:30

After being on and off diets for 30 years, I started the Cambridge in October and had lost just over 2 stone just before Christmas. I've had a break over the holidays but will be back on track (hopefully) on Tuesday. It's the only diet that has ever worked for me, and it happens quickly, about a stone a month so it's much harder to lose motivation. PS I drank copious amounts of tea throughout. Good luck x

NickNacks Sun 03-Jan-16 21:48:34

Thank you for sharing movingout A stone a month would be amazing! I'm going on holiday in 4.5 months and 4.5 stone would take me to almost my target.

Maybe we can share results here? I've only got 4 days until my first meeting, I'm so nervous!

Movingout Sun 03-Jan-16 22:23:14

NickNacks, if you stick to the plan (sole source) you will be skinny for your hols!!! I started at 12 stone 9 and was 10 stone 7 at my last weigh-in, from a 14/16 to a 10/12. I will have gained on Tuesday as I've been a complete pig over Christmas, I'll let you know. It's not as hard as you might think, I had a bar for breakfast, soup for lunch and one of their meals for dinner, you do feel hungry at times but when ketosis kicks in it's manageable, I did occasionally treat myself to a M&S chicken breast but alcohol is a complete no-no. Don't know if you drink or not but that alone makes you feel so much better!
My dream is to be 9 stone 13 smile

no73 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:35:50

I'm not on it but my lodger is. She used to eat massive portions of pasta, chocolate and order pizza at least twice a week with sides and also eat large fish and chips at least once a week. So very carry, fat food orientated.

She has done really well and lost just over 3 stone and has found it easier ti stick because she had to cut out all normal food. I keep thinking I'll do it but I know I don't have that kind of will power right now.

Good luck.

NickNacks Mon 04-Jan-16 07:26:20

I'm so excited and encouraged by your posts. I do hope I can stick to it and thy it works for me. I dread sticking to it 100% and then finding out I don't lose anything or only 0.5lb. That would be heartbreaking.

billabye Mon 04-Jan-16 19:46:27

Hi everyone. I'm starting in the morning.

Got lots to lose (around 4 stones blushconfused)

I lost loads following lighterlife 6 years ago and used Cambridge here and there for a couple of years after but since having my DD a couple of years ago things have got out of hand. I've flirted with various other plans but VLCD is the only thing that works for me. It helps me to have a break from food and decision making.

I'm actually quite looking forward to it although I might not feel so keen come Sunday tea time!!

doitanyways Mon 04-Jan-16 20:54:06

Good luck smile

Newme2016 Mon 04-Jan-16 21:42:15

Hi, can I join too?
Starting tomorrow, have about 4 stone to lose too.
Dabbed a little last year with Cambridge, but lost my way after my holiday, but I know it works!
Looking forward to feeling good again, I have been so naughty over Christmas!
Good luck to us all x

NickNacks Mon 04-Jan-16 21:45:41

Oh fab, yes the more the merrier! I haven't been weighed yet but I think my total to lose will be about 5.5 stone. God that seems such a lot but that would be my end target. I would be happy to lose 3.5/4 by holiday in May.

Good luck everyone, keep me posted!

Newme2016 Tue 05-Jan-16 10:45:41

Take one stone at at time, then as it gets harder 1/2 stone. You will see results quickly.

So far one chocolate mint shake down, drinking water too.

I need to do this today!

NickNacks Tue 05-Jan-16 19:09:37

Solid advice.

How did you get on today?

20thcenturyschizoidwoman Tue 05-Jan-16 19:49:55

I start tomorrow!!! I finish my steroids in the morning.... (Been reducing slowly)

Yay!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now