Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - TBFE sees a SDTP wearing a waterfall cardigan and thinks 'WTF?'

(991 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Sat 22-Sep-12 22:01:56

Welcome one and all to the fan club of the afternoon soap 'Doctors'.

For any newcomers <arf>, explanations as follows:

TBFE: The Bloke From Emmerdale (Ian Kelsey who plays Howard)

SDTP: Saddo Doctors Thread Partakers (which we all think know we are but we love it anyway).

Waterfall cardi: Apparently these are a MN no-no but it's a wardrobe essential to a SDTP.

Gobbyplods: Karen and Rob Hollins, aka 'the only plod in the village'

Beanbags: are now being Freecycled and will be passed on to other lentil weavers.

grin

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 14:42:25

So jack is still in it??

Oh ffs. What was the big goodbye on Friday for?angry

Sparklingbrook Mon 24-Sep-12 14:42:44

I expect the actor that played Kingsley will get snapped up by a big soap after showcasing his wealth of acting skills on Doctors. <arf>

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 14:55:41

Well, today's was really quite wtf.

and I feel something is missing without the red buttonsad

at least Immie is buggering off- and saw Kingsley for the sleaze he isgrin

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 14:56:58

although, I do wonder if the picture Immie defaced will end up as the masterpiece of his collection!

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 15:02:35

and I googled the Martha woman- and lo! she's bloody been in 2 episodes of Doctors before!grin

as well as Corrie, and a series called Medics, amongst other things.

blondiep14 Mon 24-Sep-12 15:09:46

Just watching now.

So glad we won't have to watch Kingsley anymore - he is gross!

That house is going to feel huge without the mini-plods and their disasters.

Still no baby - I'll have time to knit it a waterfall cardi and a bowtie at this rate - well, if I could knit!

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 15:10:53

I felt a little bit sorry for Gobby. But it can't take long to get to London from Birmingham (geography not my strong point) I've decided I am home schooling dd2 and she is not leaving home ever. I have BLS- besotted last-born syndromegrin

Actually- the whole car thing bought back memories- my parents took me on my first day at university, together, even though I knew they were separating (they didn't tell me, but I knew. My mum moved out that weekend). It was a very long, awkward journey to mid Wales from Manchester- in a clapped out Polo that didn't have a radio grin

(22 years on, all affected parties are very happy, btwgrin).

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 15:13:41

blondie- poor you! This time 2 years ago, i was entering my final week of being pg with dd2, i couldn't walk, I hadn't slept for weeks, and spent most of the time in tears. 12 hours post c-section, I felt fantastic, and practically skipped to the bathroom!grin

i can't knit either. i blame being left handed, and crap at anything craftygrin

RaahhisOrangeandGold Mon 24-Sep-12 15:14:42

waterfall matinee jackets could be a big thing- you should tell Myleene, she can get them sold in Mothercaregrin

blondiep14 Mon 24-Sep-12 15:51:42

I am a little emotional Raahh, and uncomfortable!
DS1 came at 40+6, DS at 40+2 so was hoping this one would be here by now.
Ah well.

Waterfall matinee jackets, bootiful. I reckon Jools could come up with something there!

BiscuitNibbler Mon 24-Sep-12 16:03:20

Raah - I knew I recognised her. Have they used every actor in Britain now and are starting again?

goldmywrath Mon 24-Sep-12 19:52:57

Raahh Oh that car journey must've been painful (&memorable for all the wrong reasons) Me & hubby just done 500mile round trip dropping youngest at uni. I'd always thought I'd have to go to uni with him as he's the baby of the family!
First priority was watching today's episode on catch up & I thought of "When Harry met Sally" too msNo
Anyway welcome to the new ladies (&gents if there are any).

MildredIsMyAlterEgo Mon 24-Sep-12 22:26:25

blondie haven't you had that baby yet??
<ducks from flying objects grin >

Joking aside, like Raahh I was heavily pregnant 2 years ago & I can remember all too well the last few weeks. Had DS at 40+13 after a 2-day induction in hospital, oh what fun shock to cheer you up I'll tell you how at 34 weeks I had to ring the hospital in a panic as I had passed a bit of my mucus plug by straining to get out a hard poo blush grin

My ds arrived on his due date, after 4 days of stop start labour, induction, emcs etc etc. can't believe 8mo months have gone already. Still not ready to contemplate no.2 yet though. Dots it happen all of a sudden?

Foot still itchy itchy. Thanks for the thoughts, I tried for a home visit and they actually sent me campus security - who knew Barry was so knowledgeable about insect stings?

BiscuitNibbler Tue 25-Sep-12 07:43:19

I'd rather have Barry than Cherry for a home visit, Makes. You lucked out there! wink

MsNobodyAgain Tue 25-Sep-12 07:56:08

Mildred you've put me right off my bran flakes and yoghurt sad

grin

MsNobodyAgain Tue 25-Sep-12 07:58:56

Makes sometimes you know you're ready for number 2 and get numbers 2 & 3 instead. Just sayin' wink

blondiep14 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:05:28

Unsuccessful sweep attempted and induction booked for Sunday. [Sad]

Please send LOTS of labour vibes!

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Sep-12 09:59:40

sad at unsuccessful sweep blondie. They are painful. It shifted DS2 but not nice.

blondiep14 Tue 25-Sep-12 10:13:00

You're not wrong sparkling! I very nearly passed out afterwards, that and not having eaten and I ended up spectacularly dizzy/sweaty/woozy! Nice.

Desperately hoping it shifts this little bugger, want to avoid the General and stay in the MLU.
Few days til Sunday yet I guess.

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Sep-12 10:15:36

The midwife actually lifted my bum of the bed with her fingers IYKWIM blondie blush. Like a giant bowling ball.

Had the sweep 7pm and DS2 appeared after a 35 minute labour at 3.30am. shock

Come on baby blondie!

blondiep14 Tue 25-Sep-12 10:26:16

Good lord - that's horrendous!

Thanks for the positive story - just what I need. Will focus on that, go for a walk and stop blubbing!

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Sep-12 10:27:29

A walk is a great idea, hope something happens soon. x

RaahhisOrangeandGold Tue 25-Sep-12 13:43:27

Mildred- DD1 was an emcs after a failed 2 day inductiongrin it was awful. I felt dreadful, as ds's birth was almost textbook (if such a thing existsgrin). I don't know how I was ever persuaded to have number 3, after that- but I wasn't having her any other way than an elcs!!

Ds was 8 days late, and the night before I decided to have a curry and wander round the Next sale. That shifted him!

Positive vives <<<<>>>> <-- that's a vibe.

Am I odd for feeling I missed out because I have never had my waters break naturally? I wanted the classic soap opera 'gush'grin

Don't like the sound of the Gobby's enjoying time togethergrin

RaahhisOrangeandGold Tue 25-Sep-12 13:48:44

Poor Elaine- a home visit from Mrs T!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now