If you were in your 40s and going out 'clubbing' what would you wear?

(208 Posts)

I usually wear skinnies and high heels but am getting bored of it. I have decent legs but hate my norks.

If skinnies, are there any nice tops around? If not skinnies, what?

cece Fri 13-Sep-13 20:41:20

I was just going to come on and say skinnies and high heels... so watching with interest.

smile

CoteDAzur Fri 13-Sep-13 20:52:17

Try a dress?

But what KIND of dress, Cote? smile

iteminbaggingarea Fri 13-Sep-13 20:56:26

Wear what you feel great in. Skinnies short skirt whatever. What are norks? I would get me to Zara. A minidress that is the t shirt, silk sack type with heels.

Norks = boobs.

Never find anything I like in Zara, although love lots of it online.

Not sure I ever feel great in anything, tbh.

CoteDAzur Fri 13-Sep-13 21:02:00

Hard to say what kind of dress without knowing your body type & dress size smile

MikeLitoris Fri 13-Sep-13 21:06:02

Well I'm 30's and last time I went out clubning I wore a black flarey type skirt, black short sleeve lace top and nudey-beige cage shoes.

Black clutch with some bright 3d flowers on.

I like to think I looked good grin

MikeLitoris Fri 13-Sep-13 21:07:10

Clubbing obvz.

And reading that back it sounds rubbish.

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 13-Sep-13 21:09:58

No idea of your colouring/size etc or if you hate your norms because they're huge or because they're tiny but I e just bought this
And this

Both look pretty good on - I'm mid-late 30s, size 10-12 with big boobs that I don't like on show, bit of a mum tum and pretty good legs.

What sort of stuff do you like/feel good in usually?

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 13-Sep-13 21:10:49

Norms?! grin norks, obv.

MikeLitoris Fri 13-Sep-13 21:14:47

They are both lovely vivi

Thanks. I'm a 12. 32E. I like both ofthe 2 you linked to Viva, but they are the sort of thing I'd wear for work.

I hate looking 'tarty' and my norks make it easy for me to look both matronly and tarty combined. Not good!

The nicest things I've bought recently are:This and this but I don't see either of them as dancing items!

MooMinCow Fri 13-Sep-13 21:17:06

Dress or pencil skirt with shoe/ankle boots? I go out regularly with (younger) workmates and tbh there's no way I could wear what they do (disco pants, cropped tops or minuscule skater dresses)! I just wear something I feel comfy and confident in, machine washable (as someone is bound to spill a drink over you) and great statement jewellery and lots of makeup grin they tell me I "look hot for my age" (39) wink

SundaySimmons Fri 13-Sep-13 21:20:54

A hearing aid. sad

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 13-Sep-13 21:21:15

Hmm yes, you're right, I would wear them to work too if I wasn't on maternity leave

It's really hard dressing big boobs especially for clubbing - I find I can make the frumpiest of outfits look 'tarty' just by virtue of their size.

Can you link to some styles you like? Or a look you think you'd like?

ViviDeBeauvoir Fri 13-Sep-13 21:22:52

Moomincow - I always get told I look good for my age because I always add on another 5 or 10 years wink

MooMinCow Fri 13-Sep-13 21:27:02

Vivi grin will remember that!

I like this but don't really like showing the tops of my arms. And I pretty much always wear a black dress, if I'm not wearing skinnies.

MikeLitoris Fri 13-Sep-13 21:33:20

I've got that dress remus and it is flattering on my belly but it is a bit see through.

LEMisdisappointed Fri 13-Sep-13 21:35:17

Ear plugs!

Agh -don't want see through!

MikeLitoris Fri 13-Sep-13 21:41:25

Its not really bad but I wouldn't wear a thong under it grin

I dont think it would fare well under fluorescent lights if you didnt have black underwear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now