MN Vogue - Vol 19

(1001 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 23-Aug-13 17:50:04

All welcome to talk style, beauty, fashion etc. Continuing on from here

MarshaBrady Sun 01-Sep-13 20:39:23

Shop that sounds like the best kind of date.

Linus that is so funny. So close to what we wore at 16. Blinking pearls, blazers, velvet headbands, loafers, turned up pie crust collars and oh my goodness little air hostess silk scarves. Whilst getting blotto even. Little Sloanes in the outback (well not quite the outback).

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:38:56

Thread

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:38:45

Up

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:38:34

Filling

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:38:21

grin Linus

linus great ...did you have a hair and too? Love a turned up collar!

LinusDKD Sun 01-Sep-13 20:36:19

I am afraid to say I was still in my preppy phase when I met DH: pink polo shirt (maybe with upturned collar blush ) and dark grey linen trousers. I might have even worn a pearl necklace...

I'll get my coat.

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:36:13

I remember I was at work, we had met online and he suddenly text and said, I've got an hour before meeting friends tonight shall we meet up. Me "I'm coming straight from work and will look rubbish"
Cue me leaving work early, racing home, getting changed into 'smart casual as though I'd just left work' and then heading to the bar to meet him! He only found out last year that I'd lied! grin
He ended up cancelling on his mates and we stayed out all night, the rest, as they say, is history.

Shop sounds ok.....I'd quite fancy you myself! Yeeha!

One maybe I could dig out my Duran Duran t shirt for you One wink

Bring your soapbox dry i need telling grin

what's wrong with my black sabbath tee eh? I still have it grin

MarshaBrady Sun 01-Sep-13 20:30:33

Haha Dry that made me laugh. Yeh he still mentions it.

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:29:58

Damn you all!
First date. 7FAM jeans, white tee, black blazer and brown beaten up cowboy boots, lots of Thomas Sabo chains and bracelets.

Bet you bring it out for old times Marsha wink

Black Sabbath? shock faints

santa and * linus* it would be so nice to meet you.........and one if you want ill happily give you my " if you don't love yourself...." Speech will bring soap box

MarshaBrady Sun 01-Sep-13 20:27:25

Linus would be lovely to meet you at a Christmas mu!

Great question Dry.

I do believe it was a Miu Miu blue and white gingham shirt (which rather embarrassingly is STILL in my wardrobe, although I don't wear it these days). I remember buying it in one of the big dept stores, so Selfridges or other. And Cheap Monday skinnies. At work.

When I first met DP? Blue denim mini skirt, black lace up calf length boots, Black cardi black opaque tights and a black sabbath t-shirt with black duffle coat. I pinched his scarf because it was freezing and returning it was his way of getting me out on a date with him the following week grin

MarshaBrady Sun 01-Sep-13 20:24:59

hehe me too grin

LinusDKD Sun 01-Sep-13 20:24:57

Yes santa come to Geneva and I will show you all the wonderful sights in about half an hour !

Marsha it's me..?hee hee

Ooooh ....tonight's question, following on from my Victorian pinafore nightmare....
What were you wearing when you first met DH? someone has to say "nothing" wink

MarshaBrady Sun 01-Sep-13 20:23:52

Shop good one! Someone has been turning the pages on the 20th edition shock wink

shopafrolic Sun 01-Sep-13 20:23:05

Vince sweater has been despatched! smile

I thought it was a great ideas linus I just don't know if DP will 'get' it without me explaining the idea behind it!

santamarianovella Sun 01-Sep-13 20:08:05

linus do come!,or better yet,will accompany dh when he goes to geneva,i have wanted go for a visit for awhile now,

This thread is not accepting new messages.