A Crepey is not just for Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueencrepey Wed 30-Jan-13 08:43:47

It had to be done.
Phew that feels better.
Over here crepeys. All very welcome (but only if you're crepey).

bigTillyMint Thu 07-Feb-13 17:09:43

Yes, shame about the non-attenders<glares>grin

ruby, does that mean you are edging towards a grey and colour mix? I bet it will look great.

I will also talk rubbish, but I will drink lots of cocktails to cover it upwink

motherinferior Thu 07-Feb-13 21:26:32

I am hugely looking forward to seeing you all.

beachyhead Fri 08-Feb-13 08:27:09

Wilbur, am huge fan of Urban Outfitters jeans. I've finally found a brand that fits me well, and because not many people my shape go into UO, I always get them on sale...

I shall probably be wearing them tonight!

rubyrubyruby Fri 08-Feb-13 08:35:36

I have never been to UO.

BTM - yes. Although I had a dream last night that I was peroxide blonde and woke up loomed in the mirror and felt decidedly dull grin

<<goes off to pack>>

wilbur Fri 08-Feb-13 12:16:45

Have a fabulous time tonight, crepey friends! Ruby and BD - we also love quizzes and will have a lot of fun tonight (we do a local pub quiz when we can), but it's not quite cocktails with the coolest quiche on MN. grin

Beachy - I have to say I was surprised to find trousers in OU that fit - I quite often get t-shirts there as they have some very cute prints and the camisoles are good for layering, but hadn't really thought of it as a jeans destination. I know now!

herbaceous Fri 08-Feb-13 14:43:06

<klaxon>

Outside chance I can meet you crepesters for cocktails, but can't remember (or find) where you're meeting. BTM, as party leader could you enlighten? Ta.

Wardrobe still undecided, but it will contain an item from my boutique du choix, Tu.

bigTillyMint Fri 08-Feb-13 15:10:56

Oooh I'm Party Leadergrin Will PM u!

rubyrubyruby Fri 08-Feb-13 16:42:53

I appear to still be in Balham drinking wine,

motherinferior Fri 08-Feb-13 19:04:02

I am running late because DP got in late - will see you when I can!

hattymattie Fri 08-Feb-13 19:51:19

Have fun Crepeys - I shall be in with rotten cold watching Eastenders! Mrs S I'm in Paris suburbs - I reckon you're where its all at in the Centresmile. But I can walk to my local Picard.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 08-Feb-13 20:05:57

Ooooh, Hattie, we should meet for our own crepey convention. I am in the 17th. Within skipping distance of the new M & S at Levallois.

Tonight I am mostly eating Bombay Mix and drinking gin AS NO-ONE HAS COOKED DINNER AND I HAVE JUST GOT IN FROM WORK.

Blackduck Fri 08-Feb-13 23:16:13

I left them all still at it. I needed to get an elusive tube and will spend some time freezing on a platform in the 'burbs. But thanks all great to meet you - mrsS we are planning kill ABC as I understand he is now called.
Good to meet you all - names already forgotten hmm

CointreauVersial Fri 08-Feb-13 23:32:00

Gutted I couldn't join you this evening; the work do was fun (and about 10 minutes from home), but not nearly as good as meeting up with my fave crepesters. One of the company old-timers is leaving, so there was a certain amount of pressure to "be there". All-you-can-eat restaurant, though (every cloud...)grin

Blackduck Sat 09-Feb-13 00:13:57

And my father was waiting up for me like I was still 16 grin

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 09-Feb-13 11:31:04

I have had my hair cut and highlighted and the colour can only be described as "Middle Aged Blonde." The hairdresser said she had made it a little "plus clair" to cover - at this point, she pointed to my grey and threw up her hands in horror. Very Parisienne. grin

Sorry not to have been with you all last night. I assume the majority of you are all nursing hangovers?

Blackduck Sat 09-Feb-13 11:37:38

I'm not! I think I left before it got ugly grin
Stropps (who really should taller) your linseed has had, um, the desired effect!
And my jeans are definitely looser despite the copious amounts of food consumed last night so I'll stick with the 5:2 a bit longer.
BTW if I didn't pay enough off the bill let me know.
Hope everyone got home/back to hotels okay.

bigTillyMint Sat 09-Feb-13 12:10:50

Yes, we missed you MrsS (and wilbur and CV and.....)

I had a great time last night, the bus came as I left the restaurant and only took 20mins to get back here, and I'm not too hungover which is just as well as I have been cooking and baking all morning in preparation for visitors later!

DS is going to a mate's after training and DD is at gym, so DH and I are going out for lunch on our own!smile

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 09-Feb-13 12:11:27

The annoying thing is, I am in bloody London on Monday night!

I did think it a good idea not to see my Groucho Friend before my interview... might not give the best of impressions to roll up either still pissed or with a stonking hangover!

Blackduck Sat 09-Feb-13 12:13:47

Oh good luck MrsS - hope it goes well.
BTM nice to put a face to the name!

rubyrubyruby Sat 09-Feb-13 12:20:41

I have just got home. A bit hungover tired.

Apologies again bTM at my cocktail lateness, at least I got there! Apologies also for cleavage flashing, I swapped one top for another in a 2 minute turnaround and forgot, having already consumed a bottle of wine, I usually wear a camisole under that one grin

Everyone was lovely

oldqueencrepey Sat 09-Feb-13 13:06:47

Very lovely to meet you all. I really enjoyed myself! Ate far too much and was feeling a tad fragile this morning, surely the marks of a good night out! Enjoy your weekends everyone...

Blackduck Sat 09-Feb-13 13:26:48

We're the puddings good? And was more wine consumed?

Blackduck Sat 09-Feb-13 13:27:14

Were - blinking phone....

Stropperella Sat 09-Feb-13 14:34:55

I got home about midday. I'm feeling way perkier than I should and am wondering if a) there is a delayed hangover which may kick in later or b) cocktails followed by wine is a special tonic that I should be taking more often. I'm currently going with believing b). grin

BD, it's good to know I sound tall on the internet grin

It was lovely to see everyone and particularly good to meet OQ, Beachy and BD in person.

Ahhhh, seriously, you lot are all very luffly and our night out has left me all chirpy and smiley.

<twinkles off to do hoovering and laundry before normal surly disposition returns>

Stropperella Sat 09-Feb-13 14:43:44

BD, would be interested to read that article you mentioned last night. I've had a little look on The Guardian website but can't find it..

This thread is not accepting new messages.