Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Missing condoms

(289 Posts)
calidadsuprema Fri 25-Jan-13 23:52:11

Hi - namechanged for this.

DP and I have been together almost 3 years. We moved in together a few months ago.

Over the festive break I was looking in the medicine drawer for a sticking plaster and came across about 4 condoms tucked in a paracetomol box. We don't use condoms. Date on them was 2014. I assumed DP might have had them since before we met so said nothing at the time.

Fast forward to tonight - my DD felt unwell so I went to medicine drawer for Calpol sachets. For some reason I remembered the condoms and had a look for them. They are missing. DP is 3 days into a 10 day overseas work trip 8 hours time zone ahead. He doesn't usually travel overseas with work. I have put 2 and 2 together and don't like what I am thinking.....I sent a text about half an hour ago to tell him what I have found, saying that it does not look good from where I am standing.

IrnBruTheNoo Tue 29-Jan-13 12:50:54

We've started using condoms more now than ever before and I must admit the smell of the latex is horrendous after DTD. There's that latex smell that lingers in the bedroom for ages afterwards. Welcome to my latex boudoir!

OneMoreChap Tue 29-Jan-13 15:57:44

Yes, some blokes do use condoms for that; some use socks... I gather some just wipe it with the outside of the duvet...

LOL at the idea that "a tissue" will do.
More likely a couple of tissues, a wet wipe/flannel, and some more tissues.

LOL at "you just need to wash your hands". Older blokes tend to have less pronounced ejaculations for distance, but it's a lot more than "a hand".

I thought he'd said leftovers anyway?
[Oh, and back pain? I take a mix of Ibuprofen and/or paracetamol or co-codamol; more than once I've chucked an empty box in to my bag, which I why I now only take the blister backs themselves...]

OP, you've talked about it with him, I hope it all turns out OK.

carmenelectra Tue 29-Jan-13 15:58:02

irnbru think you might have a latex fetish, u and your dh smile

I work ina a Hotel that is.mainly full of business people who stay for weeks or.months at a time. It is sickening and saddening how many of then are having affairs.

Some weekends we meet the wife and kids - others, some random 'friend'.

I would have kept my mouth shut and looked for.more info, but that could be related to the industry I work.in.

carmenelectra Tue 29-Jan-13 16:05:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AnyFucker Tue 29-Jan-13 16:07:20

I know far too much about IrnBru's sex life now < hides eyes >

meditrina Tue 29-Jan-13 17:37:54

I'd have thought that when in a hotel, with seen-it-all-before staff who are paid to clear up anything, and a good supply of fluffy towels, the need for latex to wank would be somewhat reduced.

AgathaF Tue 29-Jan-13 17:59:23

I gather some just wipe it with the outside of the duvet - eurgh.

AnyFucker Tue 29-Jan-13 18:03:29

...or the curtains grin

HecateWhoopass Tue 29-Jan-13 18:19:12

So he moves these old condoms from paracetamol box to paracetamol box and has been doing that for 3 years? Or this particular box of paracetamol is over 3 years old?

noddyholder Tue 29-Jan-13 18:20:34

I have known a couple of posh wankers. A combination of their being virgos and my high thread count fixation. It is not that unusual I think this bloke is innocent Just chucked a load of stuff in a bag and not examined it

sarahseashell Tue 29-Jan-13 18:36:18

I've known a couple of posh wankers

grin

Numberlock Tue 29-Jan-13 18:41:55

AF ... that would be considered the mark of a true gent where I come from!

AnyFucker Tue 29-Jan-13 18:57:40

Am hoping the op is ok, btw, amongst all this hilarity about posh wankers smile

Poppikok Tue 29-Jan-13 19:15:32

Yes I agree AF.Things do seem to be getting out of hand (if you'll pardon the pun) wink

AnyFucker Tue 29-Jan-13 19:18:01

It often happens, Poppi, when the OP withdraws for a while, or disappears altogether. People talk among themselves for a while, then the thread dies away if there is no more updates from the OP.

ImperialBlether Tue 29-Jan-13 19:23:52

Hecate, that's exactly what I've been saying! He suffers back pain but the paracetemol box is three years old and is in the drawer he raids when he goes away?

I'm really sorry, OP, but I don't believe it.

I also don't believe the posh wankers; I think it's just one man who gets dumped by woman after woman and that's why so many women know him!

sumrandomgirl Tue 29-Jan-13 19:52:38

They do....found my ex's left overs....
Oh unless I was extremely naive an he had another woman round....

An if he said he is happy and you have no other cause for concern I wud trust him, I put things in weird places meaning for them to be safe, or moved later etc and then forget!!! I wud also tell him how worried it made you, you did right telling him what u suspected, there is nothing wrong with ask.g a few questions,

calidadsuprema Tue 29-Jan-13 22:40:10

Wow over 200 messages...although a lot of random posh wank ones. I have been v busy with work and DD...trying not to think of DP possibly "getting lucky" on his trip. Still 5 days to go. He has called and texted a few times - the "checking in" sort at midnight his time etc. The trip seems to have a busy programme of networking events and involves two countries so three hotels in all and two additional flights. Will post again once I have had a face to face talk with him.

AnyFucker Tue 29-Jan-13 23:17:35

keep busy x

BadLad Sun 03-Feb-13 03:46:34

*LOL at the idea that "a tissue" will do.
More likely a couple of tissues, a wet wipe/flannel, and some more tissues.

LOL at "you just need to wash your hands". Older blokes tend to have less pronounced ejaculations for distance, but it's a lot more than "a hand".*

Good heavens. You are an absolute spunk machine, OMC. A couple of tissues does me fine. Sometimes I wonder if there is any lingering smell afterwards, but nobody has said anything, and DW would definitely tell me if there was.

MidnightMasquerader Sun 03-Feb-13 04:42:58

Nobody ... OK, re-word that slightly ...

I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that anyone packs condoms unconsciously when going on a work trip without partner. Extraordinarliy hard to believe.

I can fully give him benefit of the doubt that he didn't necessarily have a recipient for the condom/s in mind... I imagine he packed them 'just in case'. Which is fine. If that's the deal you have in your relationship. Not so fine, if it's not...

Sorry, I would unhesitatingly be suspicious - and I've never (knowingly) been cheated on so have no reason to be particulary cynical. But this just seems obvious even to me.

meditrina Sun 03-Feb-13 09:39:44

OP: wishing you well for getting all this properly sorted (whichever way it goes) upon his return, which must be pretty soon.

calidadsuprema Sun 03-Feb-13 10:03:23

He is due back tonight..not sure how it will go. I have lost trust in him.

SueFawley Sun 03-Feb-13 11:26:19

Good luck OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now