Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Bizarroville!! PoshBoys, Muppets, Surgeons, nurses, coffee addicts and RL - dating thread 27!

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Mon 05-Nov-12 21:40:15

Roll up roll up get yer dating chat here... all kinds of dating...

Online, RL, established, new, join in and blether away!

Here we go!

I am a bit nervous about 'coffee' only having had coffee with the same person for 20 yrs...

lubeybooby Mon 05-Nov-12 21:44:33

Hello! I've reported my thread to beg them to stick bizzaroville in the title grin

bantamrooster Mon 05-Nov-12 21:45:04

don't worry Parsley they changed it in the last 20 years. It's much frothier and better now

Ooh, really? How so?

Not sure about anyone seeing me nekkid...

lubeybooby Mon 05-Nov-12 21:47:52

Parsley - candles. it's all about the soft lighting dude.

Yogagirl17 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:49:56

Parsley I know - that thought, "OMG, someone new is going to see me naked for the first time in 20 years and I'm not exactly 23 anymore, shit, bugger, OMG" Don't worry - I SWEAR, the anticipation is way worse. By the time it actually happens you will both hopefully be enjoying yourselves too much to notice - although a little candlelight's always helpful too. wink

Yogagirl17 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:50:13

lubey snap!

lubeybooby Mon 05-Nov-12 21:50:15

hang on a minute - are you having nekkid coffee? wink

MirandaWest Mon 05-Nov-12 21:50:43

Parsley I had only had sex with XH before. And then had almost forgotten how to be naked tbh.

And then discovered it's nice and easy and fun smile

Thanks all. Don't think the local Costa is ready for nekkid, but candlelight is a good idea!

WhatDoesTheDogSay Mon 05-Nov-12 21:54:00

Just place-marking before I well and truly lose track of what's going on smile!

lubeybooby Mon 05-Nov-12 21:54:57

I don't do harsh overhead blubs anywhere in my house - especially not the bedroom!

Oh actually I do in the kitchen, but worktop action is quite rare so ho hum.

watchoutforthatsnail Mon 05-Nov-12 21:55:39

Ah, im not bothered by nakedness. I probably should be ... but am not. Honestly, it matters way less than you think.

Hope sponge is ok smile

Sorry it was a dud snape.

Quite a few nice looking new male coleagues smile
In other news ive started dukan today... and have the mother of all headaches so am going to bed.

OhWesternWind Mon 05-Nov-12 21:57:07

It's brilliant and easy and much, much nicer than it ever was with ex and I feel full of confidence even though I'm getting a bit saggy etc. I don't care, he doesn't care either. I did worry about this beforehand as no one new had seen me in the altogether for twenty years too - but like almost all the dating-related stuff I've been whittling about, it wasn't worth the effort. Go for it!

bantamrooster Mon 05-Nov-12 22:01:35

Well I still haven't managed to break things off with the safrican. I'll do it tomorrow. Yes. Tomorrow. There's always tomorrow.

Shit

Yogagirl17 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:01:39

Hmm, gingerbread man is proving interesting, although I've just noticed his profile says looking for dating but nothing serious so not going to make too much of it.

Worley Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:35

parsley there are so many different types coffee now to try.. have fun trying them smile

bantamrooster Mon 05-Nov-12 22:12:28

avoid the extra skinny non fat latte though. Yeuch.

Worley Mon 05-Nov-12 22:12:55

logged on to POF and not a single message ! oops.. oh well.

OhWesternWind Mon 05-Nov-12 22:14:18

Bantam - why the procrastination? Are you having second thoughts or is it just one of those unpleasant jobs we all put off?

Yogagirl17 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:14:25

bantam she is a manic, slightly racist who uses words like bizaroville! just do it.

WarmFuzzyFun Mon 05-Nov-12 22:14:38

This is the thread where everyone gets something positive before post 1000. That is my self generated woo smile

Right, the bloke I am in knots over will contact me and declare undying love grin <I will not contact him, he will contact me> woo, woo,woo!

This thread is not accepting new messages.