Big Farma in Little Ambridge - come and talk The Archers talk

(995 Posts)
PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 23:01:17

New thread for the beginning of the pheasant season.

Selks Wed 02-Oct-13 23:04:56

Great!

PseudoBadger Wed 02-Oct-13 23:07:35

I loved Nic's obvious annoyance at Will mentioning that it was the start of the new shooting season on their daughter's birthday grin

JollyGolightly Wed 02-Oct-13 23:15:56

Good title, as long as not a metaphor for the relationship between Hellin and Rob.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 02-Oct-13 23:19:11

<snigger>

WhatSheSaid Thu 03-Oct-13 00:53:33

Marking my place.

When Emma was bring all sniffy about her 'two NVQs in catering" she sounded just like her mother smile

PseudoBadger Thu 03-Oct-13 03:03:23

It could be like Only Fools and Horses:

"Emma's got two NVQs"
"That doesn't matter, we'll find something for her to do" grin

Gigondas Thu 03-Oct-13 08:00:04

Emma achieved the impossible as made her mum look ok with that comment.

Somethingyesterday Thu 03-Oct-13 09:05:59

I like Susan. She tries so hard at everything. The pity is Emma has inherited all of her worst characteristics and none of Neil's admirable ones.

Wonder if evil stalking Carol (?) will turn up at Susan's birthday party. She doesn't have a history of waiting for an invitation.

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Oct-13 09:11:35

Thanks you sooo much psuedo for the new thread (especially as you've got a rather a lot going on in RL ATM lots of luck with it !!)

I was going to say to you lot stop taking the piss out of NVQs and then I remembered Emmur's terrible attempt at cooking when they were going through the 'too poor to eat' storyline and thought how come the SWs forgot that she's got qualifications which SHOULD make her able to effing cook FGS!! Unless it was an attempt at irony on their behalf but I very much doubt it.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 03-Oct-13 10:06:31

'evil stalking Carol' [confuse] no idea who you're talking about - who would stalk Susan?

Panzee Thu 03-Oct-13 10:15:07

I suppose the only downside of the Grundys (Grundies? grin) coming back into the spotlight is whiny Emmur.

Somethingyesterday Thu 03-Oct-13 10:15:13

Errol Carol (I think that was her name...) wasn't stalking Susan - she was stalking Susan's life.

As I remember it, she became friendly with Susan in prison but was released ahead of her. Can't remember if Susan asked her to get in touch with Neil - but she did. At first she was just friendly but then she turned creepy and clearly wanted everything Susan had.

This is one of the reasons Neil has my respect. He was relentlessly loyal to his wife in very testing circumstances.

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Oct-13 11:31:07

I vaguely remember that Something You've got an amazing memory grin

Somethingyesterday Thu 03-Oct-13 11:45:21

Hadn't thought of Carol for ages - until the party invitations episode last week. Poor Susan would be mortified to have that all dragged up again. But if the SWs have gone to the effort of looking this up I suspect there's more trouble to come.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Oct-13 11:51:25

Poor Susan having her party at The Bull, she really wanted Grey Gables didn't she.

Do you all reckon that Ed will eventually get fed up with emma and her horrid ways? I think he's only stuck with her for so long as he annoyed so many people by getting together with her, well he'd feel an idiot to then finish it.

Leaptheditch Thu 03-Oct-13 11:57:42

Emma is awful isn't she. The pay back for having been the young totty, you only go on to be likeable if posh like Alice.

I enjoyed all the extra guff with mat in Russia. It all seems a bit flat at the moment, awful Emma, worried Caroline, dreadful daryl, saint Shula... I want cheery Nigel back some roguish Brian moments and more fun. Kenton is oddly sensible too now. Maybe 25 years is too much listening!

I don't remember the Carol story either confused

but yes, she must have been mentioned for a reason

that Tracy is such a madam, who knows what she might do/have done...?

Somethingyesterday Thu 03-Oct-13 12:53:09

I think it's more than likely that Carol will invite herself, rather than Tracy inviting her.

And I'm still hoping that Neil will secretly have booked Grey Gables for the party. (Or GG may suddenly have a special offer on function rooms....)

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Oct-13 13:02:56

I'm feeling thick here why would Tracey have anything to do with stalker Carol?

Somethingyesterday Thu 03-Oct-13 13:11:42

grin Late night ppea?

Tracy was helping Emma put together a guest list for Susan's birthday party. One if them mentioned Carol but Susan turned pale (and prob thought of unsupported cliff jumping...)

I think it was a way of introducing Carol to the story...

ppeatfruit Thu 03-Oct-13 13:18:30

Oh thanks Something I'll listen soon.

Please mrs script writer no more effing misery stories to add to the pile pretty pleeease. grin

choccyp1g Thu 03-Oct-13 18:45:49

No, something they did it just to prove that they do read the backstory occasionally, even if only for the purpose of ignoring it entirely. Tracey also mentioned Maureen, who tried to have an affair with Neil, surely all Susan's nemeses are not going to turn up at the party?

It would be more realistic for her criminal brother Clive or arsonist uncle(?)/other brother(?) Ken(?) to put in an appearance, but maybe they are safely locked away at present.

Somethingyesterday Thu 03-Oct-13 18:55:32

Oh - was it Maureen? Have I conflated the two? Sorry for misleading anyone. Somebody tried to make off with Susan's life while she was in prison.....

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 03-Oct-13 19:07:07

Could Kenton be any more insensitive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now