Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The Elderberry Helicopter #3, in which we continue to fret and play 'guess the sex'

(992 Posts)

Open to all elderberry grads and anyone who fits the berry criteria: over 30, pregnant with #1 after trying for a loooong time, and nervous as hell. Come on in for handholding and nub theory!

BlindKitty Tue 21-Jan-14 22:08:06

charming omg that's come around quick! Glad you're being so well looked after

So going for another (pointless) cervix scan tomorrow. They better scan my tummy too so I get something out of it at least!

PoppySeedBun Tue 21-Jan-14 22:10:24

puppy - congratulations on team blue! About time we had some boys in here. The leg is the only bit my DH recognised at the 20 week scan - we got other pictures but he just said he couldn't tell what was in them confused
foody hope your arm is feeling less sore now
Kat - with you on the heartburn - has returned with a vengeance here. Know what you mean on OBEM too - I quite like knowing a bit more about all the ways it could play out, makes me feel more prepared. Haven't seen many episodes though. Maybe will have to up my intake...

Tallyra Tue 21-Jan-14 23:25:42

Yay puppy, congrats!!!!!

PuppyMummy Wed 22-Jan-14 06:45:56

kitty honestly, im more pleased that everything is ok with him, than knowing its a him! Wasn't bothered either way!
oh pleased but would hav been for a girl too! smile

All systems go planning nursery decor and doing a names list now! v exciting!

For those with heartburn the gaviscon tablets are amazing to have in your bag when out and about
Charming it sounds as though you're getting brilliant care. However I would say not to underestimate the hormones... I've had major down days during the pregnancy which I'm blaming on that

katatonic Wed 22-Jan-14 10:43:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

katatonic Wed 22-Jan-14 10:46:30

PoppySeedBun Wed 22-Jan-14 11:45:24

charming glad to hear you're getting lots of support. I'm not particularly prone to depression but felt very low a few times in the first trimester, especially with nausea and tiredness depleting my energy, and it got much better for me in the 2nd trimester.
I also came across this blog post this morning from someone who had antenatal depression:

http://gasandairblog.com/2014/01/22/the-before-the-baby-blues/

kat can sympathise - although I find the gaviscon tabs taste a bit weird. Prefer Rennies.

Brodicea Wed 22-Jan-14 12:10:15

Yay for another team blue puppy!

Kat I know the sick in the mouth feeling well!
Am contemplating taking a leaf out of Bruce Forsyth's book and trying to sleep sitting upright... I'm waking a couple of times a night with heartburn and wonder if that would help
Keep looking at the stats about the %age of women who go into spontaneous labour before 38 weeks and praying I will be one of them!

Thunderpantsarego Wed 22-Jan-14 13:02:10

What is the % merk?

katatonic Wed 22-Jan-14 13:12:16

Tallyra Wed 22-Jan-14 13:12:16

Hah! I love my dh but he really is clueless. He's on a late shift today so has the morning off and it's my day off, so I naively thought we would walk the dog and have a morning together. So we have a lovely lie in and the dog doesn't grump til at least 9.30. But during breakfast dh asks me if I'll walk the dog as he has something he needs to do. No idea what, he didn't say. Ok, I can cope with that. So I take the dog out and have a horrible time nearly falling down a muddy slope into human excrement left by local truckers (I wasn't aware the path was a toilet...!) and I get back to find him playing world of tanks. Still not sure what this thing he needed to do was, although apparently this game is not it and he's done 'it'. Not only is he playing, but he is shouting at the computer because he keeps being shot at or his teammate gets in his way etc. this upsets the dog who then wants cuddles from me and dh seems confused when I'm in a mood with him. AIBU girls?

Tallyra Wed 22-Jan-14 13:41:13

oh, apparently the thing he needed to do is a nice thing. so I have tried to be a bit nicer too. but now I have the rest of my day on my own and I'm in a bad mood. what should I do?

Stats are here table 2c, for anybody who is interested

Tally I would stay in a bad mood until the 'nice thing' materialises or he brings flowers grin

Tally we are living parallel lives, I just took the dogs out in the rain and mud because Mr Boom was 'busy working'. One of the dogs decided to do a suicide run over a busy road and disappear for ten minutes in the bushes on the other side (never done that before, bodes ill for the future!) and both were clarted in muck, got home and what was he doing? Cutting his toenails...angry So no, YANBU. And he'd better make you dinner!

Puppy lovely news, another willy!

Kat I had my GTT today, the vile sugar drink gave me heartburn and then I had several vom-in-mouth moments while I was waiting for my second blood test. Urgh, you have my sympathy!

Tallyra Wed 22-Jan-14 17:22:58

Thanks for the sympathy guys. Dh is now at work so no chance of dinner. But I decided to take myself into town to spend my Christmas money. Good thing I knew what I wanted as I nearly missed my midwife appt I'd forgotten about until my phone alarm went off within minutes of paying - if I'd been at home I'd have been late!

BlindKitty Wed 22-Jan-14 19:25:08

Ok so there was a fanny exposing incident to a poor unsuspecting sonographer at my scan today. Crossed wires with what type of scan I was having...argh!!! I think thunder told me she had a similar incident a while back but quite sure it didn't involve any fanjos! shock grin

tally bork @ human excrement! Wtf is wrong is some people?!?

CharmingCats Wed 22-Jan-14 19:25:46

Ugh, boom that sounds yuck!
tally any sign of the nice thing?
Thanks for your words about hormones. I've had a good couple of days. I'm covering the mat leave of a year 2 teacher and the other year 2 teacher has just returned from pat leave. There were jokes in the staffroom today about it being me next. I just laughed. If they'd said that a few months ago, I'd have glared! Scary how much of a roller coaster this is.
Not looking forward to the heartburn!

BlindKitty Wed 22-Jan-14 19:27:04

Ok so there was a fanny exposing incident to a poor unsuspecting sonographer at my scan today. Crossed wires with what type of scan I was having...argh!!! I think thunder told me she had a similar incident a while back but quite sure it didn't involve any fanjos! shock grin

tally bork @ human excrement! Wtf is wrong is some people?!?

Blind gringringrinwhat did she say??

Ahahaha good effort kitty grin grin grin, I'm sure she can take the odd fanjo flash in her stride. Did she manage to keep a straight face?

Charming the bit where you're still not telling anyone is very weird, it's much easier when it's all out in the open (ie you're really fat and can't lie any more grin ) I used to be totally unsure how to respond to comments like that. After we told people, a couple of my good friends said they'd guessed already because I'd stopped talking about everything pregnancy related for three months!

Did MW appt go well tally?

Tallyra Wed 22-Jan-14 20:08:49

aww no kitty, that sounds blush confused
charming, I told work as soon as I knew because I was so ill, but I'm glad they knew, it made it a lot easier when people were talking about that sort of stuff, not having to keep quiet.

MW appt went well. I'm 28w tomorrow and the measurements are just right. strong heartbeat and no protein or sugar in my urine. bp also OK, after being warned it might be a little high last time. grin

#clench

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now