Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

PG after MC: Keeping the Posifrickingtivity going into 2014!!

(1000 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Wed 04-Dec-13 07:34:45

Oops I managed to finish the last thread - so here we go!

Janie - fingers crossed

ChristineDaae Tue 14-Jan-14 19:36:12

Sorry for my awful typing!!!

ChristineDaae Tue 14-Jan-14 19:32:57

Ooh Ember great news!
Fod I remember that stage well. My manager's gf had recently had a baby and I was getting really wound up at being compared to miss "perfect pregnancy still jogging twice a day a 30 weeks never had a day off sick" wow I'm glad to be out of that place!!
Well yesterday's Indian Dunn do the job, I can't fac t castor oil dea and v heard its not the best, read about balsamic vinegar doing the job?! So today iv eaten a tin of tuna drowned in it and walked over. A mile....

fod27 Tue 14-Jan-14 19:16:27

Thanks saggy I think I'm reaching that "not long til maternity leave now so fuck ya" point in my pregnancy. Never been so disgusted by a work place in all my life (I was under the impression that women stuck together) clearly not

ember congrats I bet your so relieved

Good luck for tomorrow tins

Penguinita Tue 14-Jan-14 18:42:58

Hurrah emberlina, how lovely! And good luck for Friday tins.

I couldn't sleep last night as I was swinging between being massively excited and absolutely frigging terrified. It was just like when I first got my BFP. The scan really brought the reality of things home to me!

DH got to feel a kick for the first time though. I think Pingu was getting her revenge on me for all that prodding earlier in the day smile

Emberlina76 Tue 14-Jan-14 18:08:52

And thanks for the congrats smile

Emberlina76 Tue 14-Jan-14 18:08:32

I have had a lot if scans it when it's getting nearer I still get the fear. Went to bed at 9.00 last night as I couldn't take it anymore! I'll be alright for a few weeks now, then I'll start again!

bakingtins Tue 14-Jan-14 18:01:41

Congratulations emberlina glad to hear LM was showing off for the cameras.
Filled with a mix of excitement and trepidation about mine, and having horrible pre-scan-doom dreams the last few nights. Roll on Friday!

Emberlina76 Tue 14-Jan-14 17:45:05

Hello all
How is everyone?
Just to report that I had the 20 weeks scan today (at 21 weeks) and all is well. Little Miss is clearly a gymnast / drama queen and (according to the sonographer) destined to be famous due to the poses and naughtiness but all good. Was sent out for a wee and a walkaround twice as she was so active she wouldn't stay still long enough for the measurements. Very relieved after the nuchal result and the scare around that. Went and bought the Moses basket afterwards. It's now staring at me from the dining room table and freaking me out! X

katatonic Tue 14-Jan-14 16:39:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sorry, that sounds a bit enthusiastic, I've just been woken out if a deep sleep by my mother on the phone and im getting annoyed that the dcs won't get out of bed. AGAIN!
talking of stuffing stuff up arse...

Print out a copy of the PG guidelines on discrimination in the workplace. show it to them, read it to them, photocopy it and paste it to the toilet door and insert it up the arse of the most senior management.
In no way can you be discriminated against for being PG or having a PG related problem.
And if they give you shit, threaten them with Industrial Tribunal.
I've been there, it's shit but they don't have a leg to stand on. a bit like spd wink

fod27 Tue 14-Jan-14 07:39:43

True saggy I'm just not sure how with will take if but stuff them! Eh?

bakingtins Tue 14-Jan-14 07:33:38

Congratulations penguin and welcome lotty

Bummer Fod. sad At least youre being seen though. You can never have too many medics on side! wink

fod27 Tue 14-Jan-14 01:43:28

Congrats on all the excellent results guys!!!

Dr informs me I have the dreaded SPD so I'm off with and need to meet with all the relative medical practitioners .... Yay for me ;(

Allsgood Optimism is the way to go. smile You have great symptoms, that is good.
I haven't sorted my appointments out yet, it seems that appointment clerks at my hospital all go home at 4pm! hmm
Im 32 weeks on Thursday, but had to put the test off before Christmas. I just want it sorted now.
Lotty, welcome. This is a great place to hang out. smile

Lottystar Mon 13-Jan-14 23:05:56

Hi, can I join you ladies? I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in late October and I've just found out I'm pregnant again. I will be around 4 weeks. I'm so happy but also very, very frightened. Can any of you offer advice on how you handle the anxiety of the first 12 weeks? Also the idea of scans are terrifying me now - with my first two pregnancies I was always excited.

Emki Mon 13-Jan-14 22:56:16

allsgood -scan doom is the worst! I know exactly what you mean - you don't want to get your hopes up, but then you don't want to go about being negative - lots of deep breath and remember that its out of your control (I even panicked if we went to the hospital a different way (when i miscarried both times we had driven - so that meant we now had to go by tube.....) never knew I was superstitious! We're all here holding your hand xxx

Emki Mon 13-Jan-14 22:51:47

Fantastic news penguin - huge sigh! Well done xxxx

ChristineDaae Mon 13-Jan-14 22:15:22

Hi all, sorry to get your hopes up, no movement here hmm I have just ate a rather hot Indian for tea though!
Penguin, great news on pink pingu!
Saggy did you get hold if anyone about the appt?

ChristineDaae Mon 13-Jan-14 22:14:39

Hi all, sorry to get your hopes up, no movement here hmm I have just ate a rather hot Indian for tea though!
Penguin, great news on pink pingu!
Saggy did you get hold if anyone about the appt?

allisgood1 Mon 13-Jan-14 21:27:57

Hi ladies.

Pingu, so pleased your scan went well and you are on team pink (team pink is a lovely team to be ongringringrin)

Saggy, how annoying! How many weeks are you now? I thought they test for GD at 28 weeks? Hope you get the appointments sorted.

Christine has gone quiet...I'm assuming that means she's having a baby grinwink

I'm starting to feel queasy. Smells are getting to me more too. And I have an awful taste in my mouth that won't go away. I booked my scan today for Saturday week (7+1) and since have gone into complete panic about what if! This led to me googling and this leads to no good...now pushing those thoughts out but no idea what to think. Do I think the worst and be surprised if it's all ok? Or do I think it's fine and be crushed if it's not? I've had 2 MMC so symptoms mean nothing to me...

Penguinita Mon 13-Jan-14 21:05:05

Sorry tea it was me that was dreaming about pate blush

I'm so pleased that all was well at my scan. It was just fab to see little Pingu on screen for 20 mins and zoom in and see all the different parts of the body in detail, even her little nose and mouth and fingers and toes <dissolves into gooeyness> She just got a bit shy at the end when we tried to look at her bits. The sonographer said it is probably a girl, but keep the receipts for anything pink! So I will refer to her as a she, but have a boys name in reserve just in case smile

So now I think I should start reading up about what actually happens in labour. I've been in denial until now. But I'm scared!

Hope you get your appointments sorted saggy, what a nightmare. Not knowing where you stand must be so frustrating.

Sorry to hear about your Nan pixie. My Nanna fell just before Christmas and it really knocked her confidence and gave us all a scare. A special food treat like a cake sounds like a good idea, or there are online sites that do retro sweets bundles. I'm sure she will be happy just to know you are thinking of her. flowers

Pixielady83 Mon 13-Jan-14 19:58:47

good idea kat I might look into a cake delivery or something. She has plenty of family support for meals so that's not a worry but she might appreciate some treats.

liesel yay for finishing work, I can't wait to start lying in and messing around with baby clothes! on DD's nursery days that is, the rest of the time will be business as usual at home grin As you say so much for kicking back, my plans of swinging on my chair and plying everyone with cake are not coming to fruition! having said that I have spent rather a lot of time posting on here today blush

hope your last week isn't too manic smile

katatonic Mon 13-Jan-14 19:51:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

This thread is not accepting new messages.