Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due anyday?? come in here..part 2

(1001 Posts)
ZingWidge Sat 03-Aug-13 09:07:20

if you are due soon you can chat and get support & advice here.

this is a follow up thread, but all are welcome!

HJBeans Sat 03-Aug-13 10:15:08

Thanks, Zing!

My regular pains have eased off after my shower. Drat.

lola1980 Sat 03-Aug-13 10:34:42

Just saving my place!

Unlucky Beans, been like that for me for a week now. We won't believe it when it's the real thing!

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 10:44:26

Hello!

Feeling dead tired and sick today, and just vomited. Googling to try and convince myself things will start soon, but it's probably going to be a while. Dd's 2nd birthday on Monday and we're having a little party tomorrow so it's probably for the best if things don't start for a few days although I want the baby to come today

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 10:51:02

HJBeans how far along are you? Have you been having contractions?

HJBeans Sat 03-Aug-13 11:09:09

I'm 40+5 today. First contractions last night from 3 to about 8 this morning. Regular, getting stronger and closer together, then took a shower and they went away completely. Boo.

Will be induced Friday if nothing happens naturally before then.

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 11:27:36

Have you had a sweep?

HJBeans Sat 03-Aug-13 11:37:04

Tried on Wed, but cervix was too high. Second try planned for Monday.

Have you tried anything yet?

Isitme1 Sat 03-Aug-13 12:08:44

Im here to waiting for everyone else to have their babies.

Congratulations to those who have x

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 12:10:33

I'm booked in for a sweep on Thursday.

Airfryer Sat 03-Aug-13 15:36:02

I had a sweep on Thursday. Was told if its gonna work it will work after 24-48 hours......I think it's failed sad another one booked for Thursday

HJBeans Sat 03-Aug-13 16:35:03

Some progress here - took a long walk and have now lost plug and, I think, am having mild contractions again. Fingers crossed...

TomDaleysTrunks Sat 03-Aug-13 18:45:32

I reckon you'll be next beans. Good luxh grin.

Any news from reebok?

Teaandflapjacks Sat 03-Aug-13 18:50:43

marking place - 38 + 1 - so hope I can join in!!

Hope things get started for you ladies soon smile

Thyeternalsummer Sat 03-Aug-13 19:48:12

40 - EDD today

Don't know whether to dare hope whether things might be happening. Cramping and bits of plug for the last week or so. BH since about 30 weeks.

Really uncomfortable since about 5, so I got DP to DTD (hard) shock. Really intense lower back pain since, coming in waves, stomach tightenings and now getting random pains in my stomach and pressure under bump. Been on feet cooking a biryani just to keep things moving for the past hour. Going to have super hot bath while I pop it in oven now.

Dare I hope this it it? Or does no one actually give birth on EDD??

MsFiremanSam Sat 03-Aug-13 19:54:52

Hello all!

I'm 39+3 today. Very jealous of people having sweeps - my next midwife appt isn't until 41+1 and they won't do anything before then hmm

Lots of cramps but no other signs. Swinging between desperation for baby to come and thinking this weekend is not really ideal as hubby is doing big DIY job and house is a total disaster area! But secretly thinking maybe that means it will!

Airfryer Sat 03-Aug-13 20:31:18

Don't know if things are happening. Very tight and crampy. Baby still quite active tho is that normal? My ds had slowed right down by now

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 20:35:26

So beans thy or air next then? Keep us posted. I'm very jealous!

ZingWidge Sat 03-Aug-13 20:42:01

Air active is good! mine were always bonkers at the end!

I keep thinking of you all, but no time to post.

Reebok, I hope you are ok.

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 20:44:29

Think I'm going to be using this thread a lot over the next weeks days. 39+3 and every day feels like a year,

Also thinking of Reebok

Airfryer Sat 03-Aug-13 20:46:49

Zing you've cheered me up.....please let this be it!
Partner is at work. We've been bickering today sad

LittleMilla Sat 03-Aug-13 22:12:01

Just to try and cheer up those of you not sleeping. Had the worst night of our two weeks last night. Yes, this is ds2 but I am convinced that my lack of sleep/interrupted sleep towards the end of pg means I'm coping better this time.

So in an attempt to cheer you all up. Please view your shit night's sleep as prep! You'll all be limbered up beautifully for when your LOs arrive!

X

Monka Sat 03-Aug-13 22:22:20

Am 39 + 2 and no labour symptoms with first baby. Had thought baby would come early but guess baby will come when it's ready.

Thyeternalsummer Sat 03-Aug-13 22:23:44

Any update - beans, air?

I'm currently sitting in semi darkness on my living room floor kneeling on cushions over my birth ball. My back is still killing me, and the pain is running down both legs. Whenever I get up to walk around baby feels like he's head butting the cervix. Ouch. Think I'm in for a long night of it. DP gone up to bed. I'm going to try to make it to midnight before climbing back in the bath.

BeanoNoir Sat 03-Aug-13 22:35:08

Ouch! I know it won't do that much but have you had paracetamol? It can also help relax you a bit.

This thread is not accepting new messages.