Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Diet plans and love bubbles

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 15-Jan-14 21:39:03
fruitpastilles Wed 15-Jan-14 21:43:18

First weigh in at slimming world tomorrow eek!

StormyIsles Wed 15-Jan-14 21:45:30

I am fat. sad

BigPigLittlePig Wed 15-Jan-14 21:48:58

I am scrawny.

Pikz Wed 15-Jan-14 23:10:48

I need to lose weight for the wedding

flouncymcflouncerson Wed 15-Jan-14 23:17:16

isles you are not fat! I am fat...I weighed 15stone when I weighed myself on Monday sad

bp at least if you are slim you don't have as many worrying health issues?!

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Jan-14 08:09:00

55kg, another 3 to lose ideally but am happy with the weight really, I just need to tone my tummy up and get rid of one of my chins.

I used to struggle to get above 45 kg, it can be as upsetting to be underweight as overweight body image wise, having experienced and struggled with both.

PurplePidjin Thu 16-Jan-14 08:11:28

brew

I knew I was fat but even more so than I thought!

ChasingDaisy Thu 16-Jan-14 09:27:42

I am positively skeletal. The heaviest I have ever been is 8 stone and I am aiming for that again. It may seem like a stealth boast to say that I struggle to gain weight, but it can affect self esteem in just the same way as being overweight and cause a lot of health issues. I had worries over my fertility for a long time and it caused me to have a high risk pregnancy and be induced early. And don't get me started on the recent rise of 'curvy women are real women' propaganda...how is that supposed to make us skinnies feel?

Speaking of love bubbles, I am hoping my current happiness in this area will help with the weight gain smile

fruitpastilles Thu 16-Jan-14 09:40:31

I lost 2lb. Was hoping for a bit more with it being the first week, bit still it's a loss.

Lily311 Thu 16-Jan-14 13:24:09

I just killed the other thread.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Jan-14 13:31:53

Well done Lily grin

Passmethecrisps Thu 16-Jan-14 13:35:44

Hallo. Spicy squash and orange soup nommed. Yum. Also had something from the school canteen called a 'pizzini'. It was a pizza sandwich essentially.

P was a miserable wee sausage last night. Refused to self-settle at all at bed time and had to be manhandled into a cuddle and rocked to sleep which she fought hugely. She was exhausted but writhing around like an animal in a noose. When she eventually went to sleep she was pretty unsettled waking up weeping.

She seemed a little brighter this morning but exhausted and off her food completely. Stoopid jags

YellowWellies Thu 16-Jan-14 13:37:58

<parks arse> Afternoon! smile

I'm a bit Goldilocks about my weight right now - don't feel too fat or too thin. I can't say my body is perfect as lots of it is heading south and I have bumps and bulges but weight wise I feel just right. Ha that'll soon change - it always does. As soon as its summer and I want to wear skimpier clothes I bet I'm house sized again! smile

Elizadoesdolittle Thu 16-Jan-14 13:38:16

haha lily I was just typing a post and then my phone rang. When I went back, poof it was gone smile

can't remember what I was waffling about so will read this thread and maybe it will come to me.

I do remember wanting to say sad for tits.

TheDetective Thu 16-Jan-14 13:38:37

I was there lily but my fingers were not fast enough wink.

WI for me tonight at SW. I just weighed myself this morning at home, and I am finally back to the weight I was at the end of October before Christmas. My weight was stable pretty much throughout November and December, but put quite a few lb on over Christmas weeks. So now I'm back to where I was, fresh start, and time to start getting smaller again!

I took a pic of me in my new jeans, might be brave and post on FB. grin

I'm currently 12st 13.5. I was 16st 2.5 April last year. If I hadn't pissed about with parties and christmas the last 2 months I'd have easily been a stone less than I am now! But I'm in this for the long term! So I don't mind, I had fun grin.

Passmethecrisps Thu 16-Jan-14 13:53:32

Of course. flowers for tits

ditsygal Thu 16-Jan-14 14:29:56

I started SW a week last monday. I lost 3.5lbs in my first week so was happy with that. A sneaky peak on the scales tells me I've lost another 1lb so far so think it will be a smaller loss this week, but i'm happy its going in the right direction!

Zamboni Thu 16-Jan-14 15:08:08

If it's in the thread title that means I have to have a diet plan.

Step one may be to acquire a soup maker.

I am still ill. Boring. Not at work and that is shit. I loathe being unwell, I suck at it. DH being a superstar. DD keeps coming to take my temperature and bring me drinks. S has his first pair of shoes and is walking like a clown.

Leak issues look fixable for under £500 - that was money earmarked for a holiday but at least we have the £££. Much less worse than if could have been.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Jan-14 15:15:00

Was just reading the Hairy Bikers chat. Has anyone ever done their stuff? Any good? (diet or not)

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Jan-14 15:17:37

I haven't forgotten that I promised to list some of my cookbooks and rehome them so I have space for more but am not up to anything this week.

zamboni feeling sorry for myself too flowers

Marking place.
No diet here, could do with doing some more excercise to tone up if/when I get the motivation.

Detective your car criteria sounds identical to ours. Will add more later

TheDetective Thu 16-Jan-14 15:57:35

PR I've made some of the HD recipes. Also had them made for me (my mum and her husband do them a lot). There are some lovely ones! I don't use the oil, and use frylight as per SW.

Thanks Fatima! Been looking at the Peugeot 3008 today. Possible.. just can't find one that isn't silver still. Maybe I'm going to have to bastarding compromise AGAIN and get a pissing Silver one.

Zamboni fuck you to illness! I'm just starting with something. Awesome!

O is currently wandering around the living room eating an apple. Not his apple. One he stole from DP! grin He is really loving apples in a big way at the moment! And eats them like R Pidj!

We have finally mastered another command grin to if you're happy and you know it. So we were thinking as well as 'if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands', and 'if you're happy and you know it, stamp your feet', we could try 'if you're happy and you know it go the fuck to sleep'. And 'if you're happy and you know it stop the fecking whining'. Or how about 'if you're happy and you know it, stop throwing your food'.

grin

Also, O is finally enjoying books! Yay! Flap ones and touchy feely one's particularly. We've read 4 books this last hour smile. Woohoo!

<<marks place>>

This thread is not accepting new messages.