Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: Dribbles, giggles and rolls!

(1000 Posts)
IsThatTrue Fri 12-Apr-13 19:41:14

Thought we should get a new thread before the night shift wink

Secondsop Sat 13-Apr-13 01:22:09

isthat my husband has been in India for just over a week and is now in Dubai till next Thursday. Thank goodness my mum lives 5 minutes' drive away from me.

Not even two hours...

IsThatTrue Sat 13-Apr-13 03:44:44

seconds my mum is 4 hrs away sad mil is 5 minutes hmm

2blessed Sat 13-Apr-13 03:53:08

Good news about your thumb and wrist fod

MaMaPo Sat 13-Apr-13 05:52:58

I thought the old thread was quiet - has it been abandoned then?

Argh spotty. Hope you're fast asleep.

Our dream feed at the ridiculously early time of 9pm seemed to have worked - she took the bottle (yaaaaay), polished off 5oz and slept until 2.15am. Now she is full of wriggles - impending poo, I think.

IsThatTrue Sat 13-Apr-13 07:50:08

Sorry mama I just thought we may suddenly get to 1000 overnight without people checking number of posts and making a new thread. Last time we ran our of room it took some people me days to find the new one!

Well DS woke 11.30, 3.45, and now smile a lovely nights sleep. I did have to change my breast pads after the 3,45 feed but hopefully my body will adjust soon!

WLmum Sat 13-Apr-13 08:19:40

Hooray! honey look away now - she slept t 3.15! Back in her cot by 4.15, up again for quick feed at 5.15 then down til 7.45! Not as good as before but certainly in the right direction. I feel almost human again. Fx it's not a one off.

ski sadly I think that's fine for sleep! As long as lo is happy, it's enough. Will prob get more again once lo gets more active.

Just got invited out for a meal next Monday evening for bil's birthday. Hate all these people without children sad his birthday is on the Sunday...

Better night here - 8-11, 11.45-2, 3.20-5, 5.30-6.15, 6.20-7
If you'd said before I had D that I would think that was a good night's sleep I wouldn't have believed you

Now SIL is asking if just dp could go as it would mean a lot to bil even though dp is going out for sil's birthday the next Saturday and then out all day the next Sunday playing golf for other bil's birthday on top of football training and football. An I being a bit of a bitch?

Stacks Sat 13-Apr-13 09:04:41

Spotty you need to decide what you want and talk to your DH about it. If he's going to have every weekend off then you need something in return to look forward to. Organise a night out, or in, where DH does everything and you get some time in/wine/whatever.
Alternatively get him to choose which things he wants to do, or tell him what he can do - depends on how your relationship works. I'd be tempted to let him do BIL but not SIL. If she wants him at his birthday she can do without him at hers.
I told DH he could go out after work the other day for a colleagues birthday drinks, then texted him just a little while later to say actually, I'd rather you came home. It's hard being the one asking him to stay home and miss out on things, I want him to want to stay home and help me, not just give in when I ask. That was a bit of a ramble, sorry.

We've had a couple of ok nights here, Thursday night we had 12-3 then 3-6. I felt so good after. Last night wasn't quite as good, but we still got almost 3 hours of sleep in one go. Got our 16w jabs on Tuesday, just as the night times are getting better sad

utopian99 Sat 13-Apr-13 09:07:00

It does sound a bit hectic spotty, I guess they just have no idea of what effect having small children has on your social life yet?

Good news on the wrist fod
Well looks like we're hitting sleep regression. ds is only just over 15 weeks (16.5 from EDD) and slept 11-3 but then up every hour on the hour since..

Yeah it just really annoyed me how she said 'oh it would mean a lot to bil' rather than 'hope he can come but understand if not' and we can't even afford it. I think I will say to dp either SIL or bil thanks stacks that's a good idea. He hasn't seen the messages yet to be fair (fb group message which makes it worse). He gets just as annoyed with short notice etc. I can't really have a night out or in as ds feeds two hourly and we have dd too...

Utopian I was pondering your boob issue whilst in the bath. I last fed off my smaller boob so my bigger one is pretty full and the difference right now is ridiculous confused

Ds has been napping in his cot for forty minutes grin

MaMaPo Sat 13-Apr-13 09:20:55

Stacks, I think that's good advice for spotty. I've asked my husband to give lots of time tomorrow as he's away the following weekend. So I'm going to get my hair cut and then go to a local spa for a hammam! Feels well overdue - we were in Istanbul last Easter when I first suspected I might be pg, so I decided not to have a hammam as very hot baths are no go in early pregnancy. I found out I was of about 10 days later so I was glad I hadn't gone.

MaMaPo Sat 13-Apr-13 09:36:52

Bugger! Spa full for tomorrow! sad sad sad

WLmum Sat 13-Apr-13 09:43:26

Ooh spa! When T is old enough to be left for the day I'm going to one by hook or by crook!

Nope Spotty is it the SiL whose birthday you wanted to go on but DP's ended up being the one going. I deck itself think he should have to chose one or the other.

I'm looking for something to do today while its sunny and just me and the monkey. I actually fancy a gym session but my pelvis still feels weak and a bit loose. Anyone else's not quite back to where it was? Long walk with the pram in the sunshine I think.

Barbeasty Sat 13-Apr-13 09:51:42

Oh Spotty, it's hard. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't all have birthdays so close together. And if your DH wasn't out doing his own thing so often...

I was woken up this morning with a cup of tea & breakfast in bed, and DD bringing in my birthday presents including a playdough lorry in a matchbox.

Aww lovely Barbeasty smilethanks

WillYou what kind of delivery did you have?

Yeah it's that SIL...

That's lovely Barbeasty, have you expressed much interest in play dough lorries over the last year? grin

Vaginal, flat on my back strapped to a monitor because of the induction/dipping heart rate unfortunately Spotty.

J's done a massive, foul smelling poo and fallen asleep. He'll only have a 40 minute nap so I'm alright leaving him aren't I?

I would leave him WillYou (although he's probably awake by now!). Hmm it's still quite soon after dd my pelvic floor was shot (forceps) but after ds it feels better than before! I think it did take a good six months with dd though.

Dp has taken dd to town with him and I've just made chocolate muffins. Getting more annoyed with SIL (sorry just need to vent) the more I think about it. This meal is a family meal, she's invited all four brothers and their parents yet not our children. I know they just don't think about it because none of them have kids but even single BIL (no2) is having his birthday meal at lunch time so we can all go angry

itsMYNutella Sat 13-Apr-13 10:48:47

Fod glad the injection is helping your thumb/wrist. I have slightly sore wrists but I think it might get better on its own...hmm

Well last night was also very good. He slept 9ish until 3 and then fed and slept till 5:30 and had a mega feed so didn't go back to sleep until almost 6:30. Then when he started squeaking at 7 DP settled him. (Love my DP he is fantastic)

I have a question about pumping: I got an Avent pump and tried it out this morning while DS was feeding and got about 1oz is this an ok amount for a first attempt? And how much approx will DS need for a feed? Thank you!

That's fine nutella. What I usually do is do two feeds from one side in a row then express off of the other side, that's how I get the most. Ds won't drink much from a bottle but if it works I expect your ds would want 4/5oz

MaMaPo Sat 13-Apr-13 10:55:31

How long did 1oz take? It varies a lot between ppl. I usually express 5oz for a decent feed, it takes between 10-30mins. But I think it happens quite easy for me, I know lots of women for whom it's more difficult. I find mornings are best.

This thread is not accepting new messages.