This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you'd like test a product on Mumsnet please mail insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Want one of those American-style fridge freezers?....We need 30 MNers to try a Samsung one!

(767 Posts)
NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Jul-11 20:23:58

We have a very exciting product test for you...We've been asked by Samsung to find 30 Mumsnetters to try out their new G-Series American-style fridge freezer (average selling price £1,800) in their home and give feedback on Talk. Everyone who is selected to take part and adds their feedback will get to keep the fridge freezer forever!

This is what Samsung says about the product: "With the new G-Series three door American-style fridge freezer, you will get lots more storage space thanks to thin wall insulation technology. You also get the benefit of some really clever features, all designed to make your life easier. A plumbed dispenser gives you chilled and filtered ice and water on tap, foldable shelves mean you can fit all your food and drink in irrespective of their size, shape, width or breadth, and FreshSafe Vegetable drawers give you the best humidity levels to preserve vitamins and nutrients in any fruits and vegetables you?re storing. Even better is the CoolSelect Pantry which acts as a mini fridge within a fridge. It?s an independently controlled drawer which can be set to three different temperatures, so you can be sure you are storing your food at the right temperature."

There are a number of criteria for taking part in this project - to take part you must:

- Live in mainland UK
- Be willing to provide two lots of feedback (once when the fridge freezer has just been delivered and again after a couple of months) which will appear on MN and may be used for marketing by Samsung (they will link to the feedback thread from their website - you can namechange for the feedback if you like)
- Be available at home for one weekday in the next 2-3 weeks (date to be arranged with Samsung) for delivery
- Have space, electricity and a cold water supply (for ice and water dispenser) for a fridge freezer this size in your kitchen (or wherever it would live) - click here for more information on dimensions etc

If you are selected to take part, the fridge freezer will be delivered free of charge but Samsung aren't able to remove any old appliances so you would need to arrange for any existing fridge freezer occupying the space to be removed yourself.

You will get to keep the new fridge freezer once the product test is finished - so long as you add at least 2 lots of feedback on Mumsnet. Feedback will focus on overall impressions of the fridge freezer, the flexibility of the storage space inside it, any features you particularly like etc.

If you are interested in taking part please sign up here.

Thanks
MNHQ

belledechocchipcookie Wed 06-Jul-11 20:25:56

envy No space here!

Ponders Wed 06-Jul-11 20:26:51

you know Samsung have a terrible reputation when it comes to fridge-freezers, Helen...???

Still, for a free one, you'll get lots of takers I expect smile

fivegomadindorset Wed 06-Jul-11 20:41:12

I have one (not that one) but an american fridge freezer, don't have a Wii though.

Ponders Wed 06-Jul-11 20:42:34

you are supposed to have a Wii before you can have an American-style fridge-freezer?

I have both <preen> but I didn't know it was the law

mumatron Wed 06-Jul-11 20:55:23

I have the room but the space it would go in is probably too far from the cold water supply sad

I want a fridge <stamps feet>

GypsyMoth Wed 06-Jul-11 21:01:04

cant be as bad as beko.....grin

largeginandtonic Wed 06-Jul-11 21:03:58

Oooh we have room and have been looking at this type to replace our current one (too small).

DilysPrice Wed 06-Jul-11 21:07:39

I'd need to get a shelf taken down and the cold water supply rerouted....but I do really want a big fridge freezer - I have two and both are crap <torn>

WhoWhoWhoWho Wed 06-Jul-11 21:08:44

Wow what a great product test! Way too big for myhousehold though, not enough room for one and wouldn't need one that big either so won't be applying to take part.

5inthebed Wed 06-Jul-11 21:09:45

Oooooo me please! I need a enw fridge anyway.

However, won a Wii last week, so can I really win a fridge as well?

WhoWhoWhoWho Wed 06-Jul-11 21:09:51

IloveTIFFANY - didn't know beko had a bad reputation, I have a beko washing machine and fridge-freezer and think they are both great, never had problems with either touch wood.

5inthebed Wed 06-Jul-11 21:09:56

new^

LaVitaBellissima Wed 06-Jul-11 21:11:29

I have the space, and I have a Samsung phone that I love grin, more than happy to see if there fridge/freezers are up to scratch wink

LaVitaBellissima Wed 06-Jul-11 21:14:18

their blush

Ponders Wed 06-Jul-11 21:15:23

WWWW, according to Which? Beko are v reliable for fridge-freezers smile

(less so for washers but still not bad)

mumatron Wed 06-Jul-11 21:19:43

www beko are having to recall a load of fridge frereezers due to a fault that can possibly cause a fire hazard. Please check their website if you have one of their fridge freezers.

5 just step away from the thread please grin I may have a breakdown if you win this one aswell.

mumatron Wed 06-Jul-11 21:21:06

Frereezers? hmm

5inthebed Wed 06-Jul-11 21:22:14

<backs slowly away from mumatron>

WhipMeIndiana Wed 06-Jul-11 21:22:39

fingers toes ears and rude bits crossed............

<eyes watering>

Ponders Wed 06-Jul-11 21:22:53

oh I saw that, mumatron - had forgotten it was Beko.

hmmmm...

well apart from occasionally bursting into flames they are quite reliable, wwww wink

cuddlysmurf Wed 06-Jul-11 21:23:19

Me Me Me grin

salvadory Wed 06-Jul-11 21:32:51

Yes please!! I have the space and have been harbouring good intentions regarding batch cooking and freezing for ages, only thing stopping me apart from my rubbish cooking skills is my pathetic freezer!

ilovesprouts Wed 06-Jul-11 21:34:28

oh me and ill make room if i have to smile

nevergonnahappen Wed 06-Jul-11 21:36:17

oooh ooh me!! just look at my posting name!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now