If my 3yo had access to AIBU...

(387 Posts)
allhailtheaubergine Thu 15-Sep-11 17:25:24

AIBU to throw my bowl of pear across the kitchen?

Earlier today I demanded that my mother stop what she was doing and immediately get me a pear. She is by nature a difficult woman and she insisted on finishing her wee and washing her hands first hmm. I explained loudly that this was unacceptable but, typically for her, my protestations only made her more stubborn. Then she moved the goalposts and decided that I could only have my pear if I said "please" (actually I worry about her in this respect - she is utterly obsessed with that word, it's not normal) so I stormed around the house for 25 minutes or so and then eventually gave in and said please (so now she'll think if she holds out long enough I'll end up saying "please" every time - made a rod for my own back there hmm).

Anyway, she asked me if I wanted the pear to be cut up or whole. I replied "cutted up" and the utter arse of a woman cut up my pear! shock I was speechless with rage! Obviously, words were not enough to express my fury so I threw the cutted up pear across the kitchen and kicked her in the shins.

WIBU?

I think she genuinely thinks I am BU and it's causing me to doubt myself. What do you think?

------------------
Several posts later [dripfeed]:

Oh, and then I weed in my shorts because I was still cross. That'll learn her.

MrGin Thu 15-Sep-11 17:27:00

That is very funny grin

Icelollycraving Thu 15-Sep-11 17:28:23

Yanbu miniaubergine. She sounds a tyrant.

WoofToYouTooLady Thu 15-Sep-11 17:29:01

ROAR

squeakytoy Thu 15-Sep-11 17:29:51

grin very well written grin

silverfrog Thu 15-Sep-11 17:29:56

<snort>

Sookeh Thu 15-Sep-11 17:30:11

YANBU

You should leave her! grin

HowlingBitch Thu 15-Sep-11 17:31:32

Bahaha!

Wonderful grin

ViviPru Thu 15-Sep-11 17:31:35

All Hail allhailtheaubergine. I think I love you a bit.

mrspear Thu 15-Sep-11 17:35:11

That is genius!

lostlady Thu 15-Sep-11 17:36:10

grin as a three year myself I am very impressed with the consistent and strong way you have dealt with what is clearly a difficult woman- YADNBU

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 15-Sep-11 17:37:05

Superb. OP, I think you have grounds for suing her for mental cruelty. I would.

InstructionsToTheDouble Thu 15-Sep-11 17:37:51

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MumblingRagDoll Thu 15-Sep-11 17:38:37

YANBU!

shock What a horrible thing for her to do!

She is obviously a self obsessed OCD type.

Next time you want a cutted up pear, get a stool and climb up to the bowl...then take a bite from every pear in there...that will also learn her!

What would really learn her - is if you took said pear, squished it and rubbed it over the tv!

Byeckerslike Thu 15-Sep-11 17:44:10

Ha ha ha!
Actually quite a few posts on here recently seem to have been written by 3 year olds ;)

All hail the aubergine!

Mishy1234 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:44:43

grin

Very funny. Brightened up my day, thanks OP!

MarginallyNarkyPuffin Thu 15-Sep-11 17:45:13

grin

grin

GUSSETS by the way - fab use of AIBU IMO grin

allhailtheaubergine Thu 15-Sep-11 17:48:44

Thank you, there is some good advice here. I like the idea of taking a bite out of every pear in the bowl because that then gives me scope later on to furiously reject the pears on the grounds that someone has bited them. I think that random inconsistency is important if I'm going to get through to her.

I also like the pear on television plan - it's funny you should mention the television because that is one of our trigger points for disagreement; she has these funny ideas about me not trying to push it over. Once she even tried to stop me from throwing all of my cars at it, even though I was being Spiderman at the time confused.

Fuzzywood Thu 15-Sep-11 17:50:01

grin

SouthernFriedTofu Thu 15-Sep-11 17:50:16

YABU imo

as nearly 8month dd of SFT I would have taken the pear mushed in to nothing then wiped it on my hair in my nappy through my clothes and then threw the rest on the floor. Throwing the stuff seems a bit amature and it is easily swept up. You'll learn.

oh and don't kick the shins- grab mums nipple and turn it like a door knob. She will make a pleasing squeal and cry a bit.

May I be the first to say... Leave the bastard grin

5inthebed Thu 15-Sep-11 17:52:19

You area a genious! I am going to use the "peeing in pants" stance when my mam net tells me to out my willy away in public. I mean come on, who does not want to see my willy?!

TheLittlestInTheBed (aged 2.10)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now