Odd thing you've done, and then thought 'WTF did I do that?!'

(293 Posts)

I once found a white disc in the washing machine after a load had finished. Couldn't for the life of me work out what it was. So I licked it. Turns out it was a lemon scented bleach block for the toilet cistern. I'd scooped up the packet with the dirty washing. I don't usually lick random objects. It tasted a bit lemony, and not particularly fatal in case you were wondering.

LawrieMarlow Mon 15-Aug-11 22:04:54

Yes I was right grin

Was indeed Pagwatch who introduced herself as Pagman.

Not sure if that will link to her post but it is on that thread.

Why do I remember things like that and not other more useful things?

My WTF moment was when I (wearing cleaning the house type clothes), opened the front door, threw rubbish out and slammed the door behind me. Sadly it was a yale lock, I didn't have the key, DH was at work and it was between Christmas and New Year and there was snow on the ground. Don't think I even had a mobile phone then. So I walked down the hill, reversed the charges, got him to come back from London and went and walked round the shops of Hertford looking a mess and feeling cold. Obviously no purse with me either.

LawrieMarlow Mon 15-Aug-11 22:06:17

It was the opening post so does link nicely blushgrin

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 15-Aug-11 22:06:24

Last Saturday I was driving down the road when a collared dove walked out into the road. I braked, slowed a bit, slowed a bit, ran it over! blush

I can't figure out why I didn't just stop.

CarrieOakey Mon 15-Aug-11 22:08:41

I did that the other day to a pigeon. It flew down on the road so I slowed down, slowed a bit more expecting at any moment to would fly back up again and then I ran it over sad

Finallyspring Mon 15-Aug-11 22:08:42

I very often say and do things which mystify me. Can't think of any examples right now though <disappointed at pointlessness of contribution>

rummaging in bag to find file to attach is FANTASTIC. It's ages since anything on MN has made me laugh so much

Oh God, I know I shouldn't laugh at the flattened collar dove, but I really, really am.....

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 15-Aug-11 22:10:57

Carrie the stupid creature just kept walking! I mean, WTF? Fly away, ya daft bugger!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 15-Aug-11 22:11:23

My landline phone was playing up so I called DH at work from my mobile to ask him to call the house phone to see if it was receiving calls hmm grin

soymama Mon 15-Aug-11 22:16:49

I still giggle to myself when I think of an earlier post where the DH would take his top off and fun around the house beating his chest. Then (cos her DC's were out) the poster took off her top and ran naked into the kitchen beating her chest. Only to find her DH sat at the kitchen table talking to the plumber. blush

<belly laughs> gringrin

CocktailMumma Mon 15-Aug-11 22:17:46

Anyone recall the mumsnetter that had baby brain and took her bikini bottoms off at the side of a public swimming pool.

I'll never forget the quote from her shocked DH in the pool "OMG your muff" or similar!!!

Who was that?

I sometimes find one of the house phones in my handbag while I'm out and think maybe I should do the 'internal' call thing to DH to tell him I've got it, but it's out of range - d'oh!! I have it either because I put it in my bag instead of my mobile, or because I was planning on taking it up/downstairs to go back into the charger...

It was 'minge'. Definitely the word 'minge' was used. And I have a feeling it was thesecondcoming grin

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 15-Aug-11 22:19:39

rofl at the last two posts grin grin

acsec Mon 15-Aug-11 22:19:46

I was at a evening wedding reception about 6yrs ago and had taken a friend along as my plus 1. We were being chatted up by some guys and they asked our names, my friend introduced herself as Nigel! No idea why, she was mortified, I was crying with laughter and the guys beat a hasty retreat and found some sane girls to chat up instead!

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Mon 15-Aug-11 22:20:29

As in Soy and Cocktail. Disastrous Xposts blush

God, just remembered the worst one ever. The inlaws had friends around, and I was very nervous (only met IL's a handful of times, their friends just the once). Anyway, I'm never sure of the kissing etiquette when people leave/arrive. So DH and I were leaving and everyone was kissing everyone on the cheek. I bent to kiss MIL's BF's DH (following?), and he looked down. So my lips connected with his bald spot. And it was a smacker. I ran away, and DH followed bent double with mirth. The bastard.

MyDingaling Mon 15-Aug-11 22:24:37

acsec that is hilarious!!!
I have tears rolling down my face!!!!

kingbeat23 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:25:38

I once put my finger in a rolling boil of water in a saucepan to see if the water was hot <<slaps head>>

kingbeat23 Mon 15-Aug-11 22:27:27

I put my fingers in a light socket to see what would happen. I flew into the wall and leapt down 2 flights of stairs, showed my mum who proceeded to run my fingers under the water for burns.
i'll find mor
I do ALOT of daft things, I'm sure I'll find more! grin

MrsWifty Mon 15-Aug-11 22:29:05

Thanks FinallySpring and Chickens - it was one of the first things which made me think I was pregnant smile

DraculasMum Mon 15-Aug-11 22:31:05

Pmsl @ kissing the bald patch!!

DraculasMum Mon 15-Aug-11 22:31:06

Pmsl @ kissing the bald patch!!

euphemia and carrie.... i did that too!

only it wasn't a dove or a pigeon.
it was a bloody great male pheasant.

and i was on a driving lesson

QueenOfFeckingEverything Mon 15-Aug-11 22:40:30

i once watched my then partner repot all his baby cacti

then for some unknown reason i picked up a pot and kissed the little cactus

it hurt and itched

for ages

fairly regularly, i try to unlock the front door by pointing at it with my car remote key and pressing the button and am then momentarily confused when its still locked when i try to get in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now