5 Week Low Carb Bootcamp, with added Ubercamp

(457 Posts)
BIWI Mon 21-Jul-14 07:35:41

Morning all!

Just starting the day with a black coffee instead of my usual white one. Not quite sure if I like it or not ...

Anyway, welcome, everyone to this shorter-and-stricter-than-usual Bootcamp grin

For those of you who are new to low carbing, I strongly suggest that you don't do Ubercamp. It's very strict and restrictive and will be a very, very hard introduction to low carbing. Far better that you get to grips with what it's all about before you also aim to cut out dairy.

For those of you that have low carbed before, you have the option this time around. You can either Bootcamp, which will last for three weeks this time, followed by two weeks of Bootcamp Light, or you can Ubercamp for the first week.

Ubercamp means no dairy (apart from butter). So the rules are the same as for Bootcamp, with this one exception.

Bootcamp Rules

On our Spreadsheet of Fabulousness you will find the rules of Bootcamp - along with a whole load of other really important information. Have a good look around it, by clicking on the tabs at the bottom.

Sayra will be updating the spreadsheet this morning, so she will get all your names on it, and when she does, you can then enter your starting weight. As the spreadsheet is shared, you may not wish to confess all

MNHQ are - hopefully! - also setting up another Weight Tracker for us.

As the spreadsheet is shared, you may not wish to confess all there, in which case use the Weight Tracker, as that is private.

So this is the plan this time around:

Week 1 - Ubercamp (for those who are up for the extra challenge
Weeks 2-3 - Bootcamp
Weeks 4-5 - Bootcamp Light

I should warn you that I have taken my big stick out of the cupboard and I am ready and willing to use it ...

CantEvenKeepAnOrchidAlive Mon 21-Jul-14 07:44:31

I'm here! Just eating a mushroom omelette made with 2 eggs fried in butter. Black espresso has been drunk, not as difficult as first imagined! Currently weigh 11st 5 and would ideally like to get between 10 2 and 10 5 although I'm not expecting all that weight to go in these 5 weeks! Doing uber as I do low carb intermittently. Haven't eaten pasta or rice in about 2 months so I'm fine without that. Thank you BIWI smile

JimmyCorkhill Mon 21-Jul-14 07:50:40

Good morning campers. Good luck everyone. Here we go....

ShesGotBeef Mon 21-Jul-14 07:53:12

Morning all!

Ah, day 1, brilliant, especially as I was a bit of a carby fool over the weekend (beer and carb heavy family BBQ) so I am REALLY ready for this.

Having 3 eggs mashed with butter salt and pepper and a big pint of water as I'm trying to knock the coffee on the head as I can't really do it without sweetener.

Good luck troops!

LingDiLong Mon 21-Jul-14 07:54:28

Just a about to tuck in to some scrambled egg and smoked salmon as I don't like mushroom omelette! I haven't done a lot of low carbing but did do Zoe Harcombe a while back and managed her 5 day start which is similar to ubercamp. Am guessing if I struggle after a couple of days I can just switch to normal bootcamp?! I weigh the same as you can't even and would like to get down to at least 10 stone.

MontserratCaballe Mon 21-Jul-14 07:58:41

I seem to have been forced into ubercamp by the milk going off in the hot weather so here I am! Thank you for the thread, BIWI.

I have low carbed before and love it - had some bad slippage over the summer but have got back on the horse and lost 10lb since beginning of June. Am off on holidays in 3 weeks so will be fairly strict til then, after which......

Good luck everyone.

antimatter Mon 21-Jul-14 08:07:05

Hello Campers.
We can do it!
only 35 days!!!

Hot here again so water drinking won't be a problem.
I am going to do some shopping at lunchtime so for now I am going have some tuna mayo + baby cucumbers for breakfast.

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Mon 21-Jul-14 08:24:47

Today is the first day of my six week summer slim down. It sounds like a fitness DVD or something but it's basically just me using the summer holidays to get myself back on track, there's no distractions.

I am uber-camping and exercising like my life depends on it. I've gained nearly two stone in the last year, due to my own laziness and I want a good chunk if it gone ASAP.

Good Luck Bootcampers!!! grin

thekitchenfairy Mon 21-Jul-14 08:27:46

Morning everyone!

I failed to add myself to the list last week but can I join in? It is perfect timing for me and I am full of Monday Morning Motivation.

Do I add myself and starting weight to the SS?

I am 1 week into the Shred and like the sound of uber camp to kick start me!

Good luck everyone!!

StuntNun Mon 21-Jul-14 08:28:09

Hello everyone. I have weighed in and had my breakfast of BPC and and two boiled eggs and I'm already on my third pint of water! I'm hoping to lose 5 lb this Bootcamp.

Thanks to BIWI for running this again for us. I took some 'Before' photos this morning and I have to remember that these are also my 'After' photos after losing 30 lb last year under BIWI's expert guidance and occasional big stick wielding. Anyone just starting out, this way of eating really works and this is the first step to a healthier and thinner you.

trinitybleu Mon 21-Jul-14 08:31:32

OK, I'm in smile Tried Atkins years ago but was veggie at the time so found it super hard. I eat meat now so fingers crossed. Got loads to loose (like 10 stone plus) sad

Need to go get some bottled water as our tap water is rank. Work will be easier as we have a filter thingy.

Off to make bacon and eggs :-)

Lighthousekeeping Mon 21-Jul-14 08:39:21

This is why I hate low carbing at work. I've just made scrambled eggs and my boss walked in and said that it looks disgusting. They are so bleeding nosey.

doineedhelp Mon 21-Jul-14 08:39:39

morning, weighed in this morning at 178lb sad, i have a holiday in 7 yikes weeks!

B - 2 eggs scrambles with butter, some chicken, tea with almond milk
L - salad, chicken, olives and oily dressing
D - tuna steaks, medley of veg cooked in butter
W - 3L

Good luck everyone

perrysands Mon 21-Jul-14 08:43:28

Yey waiting all week for this.Started low carb last week and lost 5lbs already.Don't think this week will be as good but more hoping that this will be a way of life for me from now onwards.Will add my starting weight later when I am on the PC.Starting weight 143lb hope to get to 138 after this BC,Good luck everyonesmile

antimatter Mon 21-Jul-14 08:55:09

trinitybleu - if you have filtered water at work be careful if drinking lots of it
I am convinced most of my headaches at the beginning of low carbing 10 weeks ago was due to me drinking too much of that water, filters remove minerals and we need a lot of them when we follow rules here

I ended up drinking rehydration meds and stopped drinking filtered water, in fact opting for mineral water from bottles rather than just water, mineral water has even more minerals and that is important during the switch your body is going to make during next 7-10 days. Once your metabolism switches over to using mostly fat from your cells this issue is not as apparent.

HolgerDanske Mon 21-Jul-14 08:57:38

Hi everyone :-)

To all the low carb newbies, get ready to see amazing changes in your eating habits and in your general health and wellness smile This way of life is excellent for so many reasons, not just the weight loss aspect. But hopefully there will be lots of progress in that area too!

Be ready for carb flu - it's so much easier to cope with it when you're expecting to feel rough as.

Good luck everyone! I've just had my black coffee and soon I'll be having my devilled eggs and asparagus for breakfast.

HolgerDanske Mon 21-Jul-14 08:59:29

Might be better to have tap water with a squeeze of lemon juice to counteract the odd taste?

It is very important to get a good mix of minerals, but if the water really is too horrid to drink I guess you could take some of the recommended supplements to make up for it.

I feel good this morning. First day of camp is always exciting smile

Firsttimer7259 Mon 21-Jul-14 09:04:35

Hi everyone, Im a bit of a late joiner but just added myself to the list - I hope that will work. Im hoping to pick up tips from the veterans, I read abuot the salt thing recently and thats made a huge difference to my achy legs. Tahnks stuntnun I think for that link
I wont be doing uber BC, because well...scary. Ive had a month of low carbing experience now but Ive been on holiday so got a bit lax. I started strict LCing on Sat and hope Im over worst of the residual carb flu. Feeling excited about this grin

BIWI Mon 21-Jul-14 09:08:46

LingDilong (and indeed anyone else!) yes, you can switch from Ubercamp back into Bootcamp if you want to.

And equally, you can switch back to Ubercamp from Bootcamp if you want/need to.

The idea of starting with Ubercamp is just an extra strict element. Try, if you can, to give it at least three days before you switch though!

Those of you who are also giving up coffee, beware that you may suffer caffeine withdrawal as well as carb withdrawal.

trinitybleu Mon 21-Jul-14 09:10:22

Thanks for the heads up anti - the filter needs replacing (on my to do list!) so might leave it for a while grin.

SayraT Mon 21-Jul-14 09:36:56

NEW SPREADHEET LINK

ink{https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apt3X6v04UsRdGJnT3p1ZEpkdEIwQmNYYkhuMFFTb1E#gid=0\https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apt3X6v04UsRdGJnT3p1ZEpkdEIwQmNYYkhuMFFTb1E#gid=]]0}

Sorry it took so long internet problems at home and now trying to do it at work without getting caught!!

SayraT Mon 21-Jul-14 09:39:11

Argh, did it wrong HERE

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Mon 21-Jul-14 09:43:56

Oh gosh. Ive added my weight. Its OUT THERE now, I have to take this seriously! grin

PennyVeryDreadful Mon 21-Jul-14 09:46:30

shuffles in nervously

So I've lurked on the low carb bootcamp threads and kind of low carbed for a while, but thought that this time I should Do It Properly. So here I am. I've had two boiled eggs and butter for breakfast, and am 1/2 litre water down.

I feel determined. And quite sloshy already.

Morning all smile

Nothing to say really, just checking in! Hope everyone has a great day x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now