5:2/4:3 Shredders!!! Tips...motivation... results!!

(269 Posts)
monster54 Wed 24-Jul-13 20:51:24

I know that I struggle with exercise...I've ordered the DVD and am going to take some measurements and check in here!!!

Anyone else who wants to join in LET'S GO!!!!!!

glitternanny Sun 01-Sep-13 09:53:23

morning ladies!

im in my first week off 5:2 and thinking about shredding too. I was joining a gym but shared custody makes that tricky. maybe ill try shredding first.

how do u motivate urself to exercise?

no chance if doing it in the mornings im already up at 5:30 and not home til 6:30/8

2nd fd today!

wrigglebum Mon 02-Sep-13 22:07:05

L2D5 done. FD too so it was hard work.

glitter- you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Remember it's only 20 minutes, once you get started Jillian will motivate you enough smile.

Well done wriggle!
glitter - the hardest part is actually putting your trainers on and accepting you are about to Shred. After that Jillian pulls you along.

wrigglebum Thu 05-Sep-13 07:30:12

L2D6 done, phew. Had a sort of mini fast yesterday (around 900 cals maybe), so it was hard work but should be shifting that fat!

Last week before DS starts school so it's hard to fast as we're having a few treats. Just cutting back elsewhere to compensate, I love that I can be so flexible and not feel like I'm 'failing'.

glitternanny Sat 07-Sep-13 16:19:34

Hi everyone - i did it monday, tuesday, wednesday and yesterday - going to put my trainers on shortly. Might do some davina after as my boy is at his dad's

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sat 07-Sep-13 16:34:38

On my second round of 30 day shred. Last time I didn't diet, and although I was stronger, didn't really change my shape.

So now I am on L1D2, and on the first day of my fast. Think I am going to try one day on one day off fasting for two weeks to kick start my body, then switch to 4:3.

wrigglebum Sun 08-Sep-13 22:34:32

L2D7 done. Managed quite a few Natalie moves, seems I'm getting stronger and fitter.

I've definitely noticed the flab going from my belly, love handles next to go! More lean around my arms and shoulders too.

wrigglebum Wed 11-Sep-13 11:29:33

L2D8 done, much harder than normal due to a crazy 16mo running around me and sitting on me whilst doing double crunches grin. He thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Can finally do a few of the moves like Natalie. I will move onto L3 after 10 goes, then I'll mix it up a bit with some other DVDs. I'll try and revisit it and do the whole thing another time and see if I can up the weights or copy Natalie the whole time.

JB30 Thu 12-Sep-13 19:44:54

Can I join you guys? Couldn't drag myself to my treadmill this morning so dug out my 30 day shred despite my misgivings (I like Jillian, I just hate the blah blah blah on it)
Found it tough to be honest despite being smuggley sure I was quite fit from running. Not the same fit necessary for the weights or jumping jacks! That'll learn mewink
Without having read all messages - are you all strictly managing every day? It's 30 days before I meet a friend I haven't seen in 1.5 years and I'm well on my way to being a stone lighter but would be great to be the best I could! She's listened and supported me for years with all my diet moans and I'd love her to see at last I succeeded!
Anyone 30 days in and amazed with results? Only ever managed 5/6 days

wrigglebum Thu 12-Sep-13 20:48:26

No, I'm not doing it every day. I wanted it to be sustainable so 3-4 times a week, which I hope to keep up after I've done 30 days. I've got other Jillian DVDs to pick and mix from afterwards.

I'm just over half way through and even without doing it every day it's making a difference. I definitely feel fitter and firmer. I don't do any other exercise other than a lot of walking and running around after my boys, so it must be the 5:2 and shred making a difference.

JB30 Thu 12-Sep-13 20:58:20

Thanks Wriggle that sounds manageable. I aim to run 3 times a week, if I did the shred 3-4 times on tip of that I'm hopeful it'll take care of my toning and strength wants.
Can see major changes in body from 5:2 and running, excited to add something new to the mix

delilahmoo Thu 12-Sep-13 21:04:07

Hello shredders! I'm now day 3 L2. I've been a gradual shredder. Started in the school hols when I only did 2/3 times a week, took 4 weeks to get the 10 lev 1 in. Moved to lev 2 on Friday last week and am on day 4 tomorrow. I do 3 days a week shredding and 2 35 mins swim a week and my job is pretty physical ( waitress), I don't really have any weight to loose, just wanting to get fitter and toned, and of course a few pounds lost is great. I tend to fast once a week and mini fast another day. Since 4th July have lost 8lb. Down from 9.7 to 8.13, I'm 5.3 in height. I could go lower, and if it naturally happens with exercise then I'm happy, not going mental for it though. Feeling physically very strong through shredding, it's such an achievable workout as it's so short. Have introduced a lot of people to it and they are very happy too!

wrigglebum Sat 14-Sep-13 06:00:54

Well done Delilah, sounds like shredding is working well for you. I also feel a lot stronger from shredding. It's such a good workout.

L2D9 done, one more on L2 then I'll be doing K3. Is it wrong to be excited about that?!

L3 is SO much more motivating and fun...enjoy smile

wrigglebum Sun 15-Sep-13 06:04:46

Ooh good. I like circuit 2 of L2 but it does feel a bit like a chore sometimes.

JB30 Sun 15-Sep-13 08:54:34

2x L1's done, every second day is my plan. The pain the day after my first day, oh oh, my calves, my arms, my bum!!! But did it again yesterday and I'm fine'ish today. Calves still a bit twingey but I can go down the stairs without crying lol!
I cannot do a proper press up, I'll have to start attempting a couple each time I do it. I'm trying to imagine me doing full press ups for 30 secs, my imagination doesn't stretch that far! Rest day today

wrigglebum Sun 15-Sep-13 22:55:06

Go JB30. I found I was only sore after the first time. Ever since then I've had no real post workout soreness. I can't do the full press ups either, maybe about 6 now but even on your knees is pretty good exercise.

L2 is now finished grin. Did my 10th this evening. Will start L3 in the week, is it wrong that I'm excited?!

wrigglebum Mon 16-Sep-13 17:23:39

L3D1 done! It is more fun, you were right Trucks. The time really flies. It is hard but not as big as the step from L1 to L3. It feels good to be on the home stretch!

Well done everyone.
It is amazing how much stronger you get so quickly.

wrigglebum Wed 18-Sep-13 19:22:25

L3D2 done. Mostly managed Anita moves (especially abs), but managed a few like Natalie, or started on Natalie then dropped back.

Feeling good and a lot more toned. Thank goodness it's a cheap workout as I need to spend a fortune on clothes! Jeans I bought just a couple of months ago are now baggy.

wrigglebum Thu 19-Sep-13 14:50:25

L3D3 done, I'm getting there!

wrigglebum Sun 22-Sep-13 23:01:07

L3D4.

Definitely feeling a lot stronger and I can see that I'm toning up.

Go wriggle! You are nailing it! smile

wrigglebum Mon 23-Sep-13 09:41:59

Thanks Trucks! I'm actually really enjoying it, have added in some hula hooping too to help work those abs. My aim now is to try and reduce my body fat, so building my muscles will help with that. I'm really pushing it to try and do as many moves like Natalie as possible, then once I've done that I'll try and up the weights. I really can't believe I could ever to a full set of proper push ups though!

wrigglebum Fri 27-Sep-13 10:57:46

L3D5 done yesterday, half way through L3 now. Feeling leaner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now