Anyone else going to start ttc next month?

(1000 Posts)
Coffee1Sugar Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:10

Anyone like to join me on this journey of conception?! Going to start in May to ttc no 2

CristaBell Sun 23-Jun-13 12:42:04

blue sorry just read your post probably, I can understand why your do confused if it veal only 4 days past ov.

shoe I know I you mean I've learnt a lot from mn, I'm on cycle 7 now but we took the relaxed approach for the first couple of months and only really been probably ttc for the past 2 cycles. Good luck with your next cycle smile

CristaBell Sun 23-Jun-13 12:43:18

excuse predicted text mistakes blush

Good morning everyone I hope you all had lovely weekends?

According to the app I ovulated yesterday so we were at it like rabbits all weekend. wink Fingers crossed I am now in my 2ww!

I go on holiday on Saturday and AF is supposedly due 8th July, we will see though.

Shoe hope you are felling better now

CristaBell Mon 24-Jun-13 13:16:02

good luck golden don't stop dtd yet, try and keep it up for a few more days. smile

internationallove985 Mon 24-Jun-13 13:25:08

Hi Blue Amber. Thankyou for your reply Cristabell. It would seem I was right I am in my 2ww.
Hi Blueamber. It was actually a midwife who told me about the boy/girl theory. However it possibly is just old wives' tales.
Hi to everyone else as well hope you all had a lovely weekend. I know I certainly had a lovely Friday night/Satuarday morning(Wink). I plan to have a lovely Wednesday afternoon as well. I must be the only one that can't use those icons.
I can't wait to hear news about our July B.F.P's. xxx

internationallove985 Mon 24-Jun-13 13:27:25

Wish you could edit posts on here. Sorry Cristabell. The top line should have said. "Hi Crisabell.
Also have a nice Holiday Golden handshake. xxx

Thanks international I really feel like I need the break after all the drama with the coil and the horrid procedures etc. I literally plan on lazing by the pool, swimming a bit with DD making a few sandcastles and relaxing (as much as a preschool child allows you too of course). Good luck for your 2ww, I am eager to test already even though I have no clue if my dates are accurate yet. Here's hoping!

Cristabell I will keep it up (pardon the pun)

shoegal84 Tue 25-Jun-13 09:38:40

Ok, so according to the app, my cycle is complete in 2 days time, which means AF should be here on Thursday. Now, I know it's unlikely that this will happen as it's my first cycle since stopping the pill and I'm fully expecting a much longer cycle. However, I'm getting impatient and really want to start testing - would it give a true reflection if I tested on Thursday, or should I try and restrain myself and wait a bit longer?

Also, I think I may have a urine infection as it still hasn't completely cleared up. I bought some Caneston powder sachets to have with water and it suggests you have 3 a day for 2 days and finish the whole course. However, I took one this morning and was then reading the pack and it says 'Do not take if you are pregnant'. Now I know I may or may not be, but should I keep taking them?

blueamber Tue 25-Jun-13 11:48:13

golden Hope you have a nice holiday. I'm jealous! I would love to go somewhere warm and have a nice swim... but I'm trying to finish my thesis. I'm so fed up!

shoegal I'm not sure about the canesten, I've never had it before. If you want reassurance, perhaps ask a chemist or call or visit the GP?
About testing, do whatever you want to do. I tested on the day when I was expecting my AF even though I didn't think I was pregnant; I wasn't even sure I had ovulated. But I just wanted to know for sure. It was a cheap test anyway.

I am still not sure what's going on with my cycle! I got some pink blood 7 dpo, but with the bleeding a few days before I'm not hopeful. I'm going to wait for AF two weeks after my ov and if it doesn't show that day I'm testing the next! 8 days to go then...

BNmum Tue 25-Jun-13 14:39:08

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here for a while as I didn't know what to report. Tbh I still don't know what's going on. I'm cd40, no sign of af and a bfn on Sunday. I do have a tender abdomen and pains abit like ov pains so I'm wondering if I also have a water infection shoegal. I'm going to test again tomorrow if af doesn't arrive beforehand.

Sorry this post is all me, me, me but I just needed to get it off my chest and share tb with you lovely ladies.

I'm also jealous golden, hope you have a lovely time.

blueamber Tue 25-Jun-13 15:19:45

bnmum that's what we all do! It's good to get things off your chest.

But did you not ov more than two weeks ago? I don't know what could be keeping your AF so long then. Hope it's because of a very nice reason smile. Keep testing every few days and let us know what happens!

Thank you for the holiday wishes.

I am a bit sad to report that the app was clearly very very wrong, as AF has arrived today. Feeling pissed off as it's so close to my holiday, hopefully it's a very short AF!!!

Looking on the bright side, I know everything is back in working order now I guess, and I have proper AF dates to work with so can figure my cycle out.

CristaBell Tue 25-Jun-13 19:03:05

golden Sorry to hear your AF has arrived but like you said it's good that your cycles are getting back to normal smile How long are you on holiday for? Will you be ovulating while on holiday? Sun, sea, sand, sex will hopefully = a BFP for you smile Hope you have a great time x

Bnmum Good luck for tomorrow morning, will keep my fingers crossed for you. x

BNmum Tue 25-Jun-13 19:33:33

Sorry to hear that golden, at least she had the decency to arrive before your holiday and not during.

Thanks for hearing me out guys! I think I ovulated 2 weeks ago, I got a +ve on my OPK, so unless it was just a surge that didn't result in anything I should have. I love the way as soon as you start ttc everything goes tits up, your cycle is everywhere, you body throws out random pregnancy symptoms and we're sat wondering what the bloody hell is going on!

Come on body, throw me a hint please! smile

cristabell i'm away for eleven nights, and according to the app now ive adjusted the info i should be in my fertile window and then ovulate over the last four days of the holiday (smile) so I am hoping your formula is right!

bn i hope ur body gives you some clear signs soon! I agree that it all goes weird as soon as we start paying proper attention.

BNmum Wed 26-Jun-13 11:46:32

Ooh that sounds lovely golden

Quick update. I did a hpt this morning and a bfn, dipped a cb digital OPK in same fmu and got a positive smiley. Not sure what is going on but will assume its a second surge and get dtd. I have had some cm over the last few days so we dtd on sun, was hoping to dtd last night but DH didn't get in from work till really late so will have to grab him at some point today.

internationallove985 Wed 26-Jun-13 12:08:01

I will make this quick with it being Wednesday afternoon I will be somewhat busy, pretty soon. (big smile) I am sure by now you all get the picture. I don't hold much hope out this month for a bfp. I don't know why, maybe it's intuition.
I hope everyone's okay. Sorry A.F got you Golden handshake Good luck for your next cycle. Welcome back BNmum.
xxx

shoegal84 Thu 27-Jun-13 08:36:58

Hope everyone is ok.
So, today is CD29 and should be the day that AF arrives. However, where my cycle is at currently is anyone's guess.

I have to confess that I purchased and took a pregnancy test 2 days ago. I don't even know why as it wasn't the end of my cycle, but I've never taken one before and guess I wanted to see what it was all about. Needless to say it was negative!!! I did buy a few more cheapie home tests though and will wait and see what happens.

Kind of wish I'd bought the ov sticks for this month as keep getting random signs throughout the month that may or may not mean ovulation and I'm utterly confused. For future reference, are the cheapie ones from Amazon etc any good? They seem to have pretty good reviews but wondered if anyone has tried?

BNmum Thu 27-Jun-13 12:17:47

Hi shoegal, I can't comment on Internet cheapest as I've never tried them. I got pregnant with my DS using cb digital ov kit so that's what I use. I tried the advanced digital ov kits this month and apart from the initial confusion I think they're pretty good. I read a lot of comments about people using the internet cheapies and finding the 2 lines very confusing to intepret if ov had taken place. Personally I find a smiley/no smiley very easy to read and stress free.

I took another cb digital this morning and it was negative so I'm hoping we caught this second surge with last nights bd. I'll try and dtd a couple more times over the next few days just incase. This is turning into a super long cycle!!!

shoegal84 Fri 28-Jun-13 10:24:33

So af arrived yesterday. A little disappointed as thought it might have happened. But on the positive side, my cycle was exactly 28 days which was unexpected after 13 years on the pill.
Hubby seemed to be more gutted than me as he always thinks the worst. But I've ordered some ov sticks and looking forward to getting started again soon.

Hope you are all getting on ok.

internationallove985 Fri 28-Jun-13 11:15:05

Hi Shoegal. Sorry the witch got you. Sending you lots of baby dust for nesy cycle. xx

blueamber Fri 28-Jun-13 11:20:42

shoegal, that's a good sign your cycle has gotten back to normal immediately. Should make it easier to predict ov and dtd at the right time!

shoegal84 Mon 01-Jul-13 21:08:58

It's very quiet on here! Hope everyone is ok. spent alot of time at the weekend with my friend and her 3 month old baby and a pregnant friend. made me realise just how broody I am. Here's hoping it works this month.

af has left today so I'm sure we will be back to dtd from tomorrow!

BNmum Mon 01-Jul-13 21:09:56

Hi ladies, it's just taken me ages to find this thread again (got massively sidetracked by other threads), how is everyone?

Sorry af got you shoegal. I agree with the others, it's a good sign that your body has adjusted quickly though.

It's cd46 for me, no sign of af and about 5dpo. I feel like this cycle is going on forever! Is anyone else on their 2ww?

blueamber Mon 01-Jul-13 21:38:46

bnmum, I know how annoying it is when you're in a long cycle! I'm expecting Af tomorrow (first one after 8 weeks). If it doesn't show I'm testing the next day! I haven't been symptom spotting; it would drive me crazy, but I can't help being a bit nervous.

shoegal, good luck this cycle!

This thread is not accepting new messages.