TTC 10 + months, part 14 (eek)

(1000 Posts)
GinSoaked Fri 15-Mar-13 10:03:26

A friendly, supportive thread for lovely ladies taking waaay longer than they ever expected to win their babies

akuabadoll Fri 29-Mar-13 10:22:38

Best of luck gin check in soon. x

buzzybee123 Fri 29-Mar-13 11:47:05

thinking of you gin X

Poutintrout Fri 29-Mar-13 11:52:06

Good luck gin Let us know how you get on.

GinSoaked Fri 29-Mar-13 12:48:10

Thanks so much for your messages ladies - logged on whilst waiting in the clinic and it was so lovely to see them smile We now have an embryo on board, wohoo. It was graded at 5bb so fairly good and was dividing again. Transfer was fine. The dr was really nice and used the smallest speculum and closed it a bit when I said it hurt! Was all v straightforward, apart from being sent away to full up my bladder some more. No spotting this time, post transfer. Think I'm still under the affects of the diazepam, which is actually quite nice. Could do with some for the 2ww... Happy almost Easter everyone. Will catch up properly when I'm not so spaced!

joycep Fri 29-Mar-13 13:22:32

Gin - smile That's great news. It's got to be your time. Wishing you a relaxed 2ww.

EuroShaggleton Fri 29-Mar-13 13:34:50

<Fashions "Embie on board" sign from items on desk>

smile

ThatWayMadnessLies Fri 29-Mar-13 16:07:25

Wonderful news gin grin. I am starting the long weekend full of optimism for you xx

sweetgrouch Fri 29-Mar-13 17:04:08

Buzz - Happy Belated Birthday!
Pout - I'm really sorry about the cycle. Big hand hold from me, I, like everyone else, was hoping for the surprise bfp. I was also shocked when I read the story about your neighbour, that sounds terrifying!
Sar - The proseco sounds like it was nice. I think that you have to be careful when you read those studies. Statistics on a large population are good, but don't necessarily mean anything for you as an individual. Anyways, science is an ever changing, evolving process - just because it was published doesn't mean that new approaches, changing technologies and different population samples won't yield different results. Anyways, the one thing I have learned from being a scientist is that there are always exceptions.
Doll - I'm really happy your new location suits you. Your bump will be here before you know it.
Euro - Sorry you're cycle is being weird. Hopefully,like you said it is just a bit delayed and you'll get to try again in April.
Critter- Enjoy the holiday with your friends! I'm be wishing you luck this weekend mixing up the meds in their washroom. Youtube will show you all there is to know and you'll do just fine with the meds.
Nelly - It sounds like it is colder where you are than where I live! Brr!
Gin - It sound like the transfer went really well. Congratulations for the embie on board!
joy - Your plans sound good to me too. I am the type who needs a plan of action to feel better. IVF in the Bahamas sounds like it could be really nice.
free - I hope you're alright.

Hello to everyone that I missed, including Sea, MrsD, madness and midnight. Real life has been incredibly hectic all week. I hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend. It's above freezing here, which is just fantastic! I have an appointment for a HSG on Thursday to check my tubes. Until then I will relax and enjoy making scones to share with family at our brunch this weekend.

sarlat Fri 29-Mar-13 18:38:46

Gin -woohoo, a 5bb is practically perfect and the optimum size for transfer. Allow yourself to think very very positively.

Sweet - thank you for those reassuring words, they really helped. It is great that you have the hsg coming up.

Critter - that is sods law about the first stabbing. But I think carrrying on as normal and doing fun things is really important. Best of luck to you lovely lovely critter.

Buzz I hope the birthday celebrations last throughout the bank holiday.

Hello to everyone

sarlat Fri 29-Mar-13 18:39:45

Pout - just wanted to send you another hug. I hope you have a glass of something nice tonight. Xxx

Poutintrout Sat 30-Mar-13 11:55:58

Happy Easter ladies distributes fertilised eggs

gin that is fantastic news. I am so relieved and happy for you. I was thinking of you yesterday and of course am now sending bedding down vibes to your embie smile

grouch Good luck with your HSG on Thursday. Home made scones sound lovely. Enjoy your family get together.

sar Thanks again for your hugs. How are you doing? Are you feeling better about things?
I don't really understand the embryo grading thing. Nothing like that was mentioned to us. We were just spoken to in terms of 8 cells and patchworking of cells and then of course, when the embies went nuclear, fragmentation. Maybe that is something to discuss with the hospital.

Did you try the Hot Cross buns yet joy

Don't work too hard euro

Oh no at Kayla's singed whiskers! They'll grow back. Our dogs whiskers drop out and occasionally you find them laying around. They are weird & incredibly spikey and I may collect them and add them to my memory box along with their puppy teeth

We're having a very lazy easter. I feel so tired and wonder whether it is a bit of an emotional come down after the excitement and disappointment of recent weeks. My period is here which is good I suppose & after the initial chronic period pain of Thursday has been surprisingly tame. I had a bit of a WTF moment though when I realised that my sanitary towels has hearts printed on them. Hearts?????? I want much swearing and profanities printed on my towels not twee hearts.

Love and waves

buzzybee123 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:24:35

gin yay to mini gin being on board

pout how are you??

euro hope you are having some time to yourself now

sweet hope all goes well on Thursday for you

sar I hope you have something nice planned for Easter

we are in the middle of more DIY, hopefully we'll get it done this weekend, we're off to MIL's tomorrow for a family get together

hope everyone is having a lovely Easter

EuroShaggleton Sat 30-Mar-13 21:26:46

Quiet 'ere innit?

pout hearts? hearts? <explodes> As if all the scented shyte were not bad enough. Grrr.

buzzybee123 Sat 30-Mar-13 21:31:18

it is very quiet, not sure what is going on in the sanitary world hmm euro hope you have some time for fun things now

sarlat Sat 30-Mar-13 23:07:53

It is quiet. Just back from neighbours party and been on the sambucas. Need a cup of tea now as damage limitation. Luffs you all, hicup. Xx

ThatWayMadnessLies Sun 31-Mar-13 09:00:49

Ooh sar sambuca. That could be messy......

Just avoided putting clocks forward an extra hour as all our fancy appliances have switched automatically.

Following joy's inspiration I am off to attempt hot cross buns (with great British bake off on Iplayer to follow along). Wish me luck!!

Happy Easter everyone xx

EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 09:53:32

Happy chocolate day to one and all!

GinSoaked Sun 31-Mar-13 10:26:03

Happy Easter ladies smile smile May your day be full of chocolate and sunshine.

I seem to have terrible pmt and am a sad and angry, so not v nice to be around! I thought progesterone was meant to stave off pmt?! I' like victor meldrew on a bad day! Anyway we're off to friends for lunch which will be nice apart from the baby that will be there

mrsden Sun 31-Mar-13 11:37:31

Happy Easter. Easter is all about fertility and new life so come on, please let it be the 10 plussers turn.

buzzybee123 Sun 31-Mar-13 14:04:30

happy Easter everyone, I am trying to make my chocolate last all 4 days of Easter, I am secretly hoping MIL has got me a little egg grin

sar how are you feeling after the sambucca grin

madness how are the hot x buns

gin I found the progesterone made no difference at all to me hmm are you sure its not just feeling anxious about the 2ww ??

Well I started to put the coloured paint on the wall, when I decided it was all wrong, Barry said alot of FFS to me but then we decided that it looks an odd colour due to the lighting so now I need to change the bulb, much to Barrys relief. Kayla now has paint stuck to her hmm although not as much as I seem to have.

joycep Sun 31-Mar-13 14:37:12

Happy Easter.

I wish I had found Paul Hollywood's programme on iplayer before trying to follow the downloaded recipe. My Hot Cross Buns (well hot buns as I couldn't be bothered to do the cross) tasted like bread rolls. I should have gone for white flour not wholemeal. Something somewhere went wrong!

Gin - oh i'm sorry about the pmt symptoms. I wonder whether it's anxiety and pent up emotions too as i'm not sure the progesterone really has an affect on mood....but perhaps it does for some. I'm sorry anyway.

EuroShaggleton Sun 31-Mar-13 15:27:34

Gin I'm sorry you are feeling off. I don't remember feeling like that on the progesterone either, so I think you are really unlucky to be feeling this way.

joy even less than perfect hot cross buns sound good to me.

buzz watch Kayla doesn't go phoning the RSPCA on you - singed whiskers and now painted! wink

I've just been out for a pub lunch with friends. Now home for some serious chocolate gorging.

buzzybee123 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:35:11

euro she is saving that phone call for when we go away and we leave her home alone, I'm sure she'll call S.S and tell them I am not fit to have a child as I cannot look after her.

your choc looked very tasty

akuabadoll Sun 31-Mar-13 21:15:55

gin sorry you are feeling off. I've now been fanny candling 3 times a day for 8 and a half weeks. I can't remember life before grin confused Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

ThatWayMadnessLies Sun 31-Mar-13 23:16:50

joy I can now talk along with the Paul Hollywood programme as had to keep rewinding it. First batch didn't rise at all. Second batch okay but a little over browned. My mum brought over chocolate and hazelnut scones and we also had Portuguese custard tarts. I now feel a bit sick....... So much for being as slim and trim as possible before starting to stim blush.

buzzy we tried so many different colours for our front room and they looked completely different in different light or even on a different wall. I am not very decisive so found it really difficult to settle on one. A bit ridiculous given that it's not exactly difficult to change! I hope the colour suits kayla anyway grin.

euro I hope that you're not joining me feeling queasy what with the chocolate gorging.

gin I hope you feel more positive soon. All these things are so stressful it's no wonder you are feeling like you have crazy pmt. I remain in mood swing land and MrM is just figuring out that making fun of me no longer raises a smile and cuts the tension, instead it usually results in me flying off the handle and apologising profusely once I've calmed down. Take one day at a time and you'll get through it xx

Wow doll 8 1/2 weeks. How long do you keep on fanny candling? I am not looking forward to this aspect of the process but am very grateful to you all for preparing me. That would not have been a pleasant surprise!

Well, we have booked a weekend away at a country house hotel up north for next weekend. Only room available is the four poster suite but why not? I told MrM to think of all the money that we have saved over the past few years by not managing to have children. We can splurge for one weekend. Start stimming a week from Thursday so this will be our last escape before things ramp up.

I hope there are lots of people relaxing and off work tomorrow. Big waves to everyone!

This thread is not accepting new messages.