Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

Congrats Rock saw you on the grads fred - have fun peeing on the 49 remaining ICs smile

MelodyHarmony Tue 05-Feb-13 16:45:37

Hi CrazyCat. Nice to meet you. Being organised enough to be taking folic acid is the only thing you really need to be organised about.

I'm due on the 13th as well. This is only my second month of JS. But my fifth time of trying to get upduffed (one MMC and three DCs).

MelodyHarmony Tue 05-Feb-13 16:47:33

Oh and the period like symptoms annoy confuse me every time I'm JSing. I just wish there was a green light on my tummy the minute implantation had occurred!

Bearface Tue 05-Feb-13 18:09:53

Oh wow -congrats Rock- that's made my day! I'm soooooo pleased for you. grin

Hi all from the grads thread <waves>

MrsBri Tue 05-Feb-13 18:19:06

Congrats Rock :-)

Good luck to all in the 2WW. Fx you join us in grads soon.

Just ordered me some ic's! let's hope they take at least a week to get here blush

cookielove Tue 05-Feb-13 20:59:40

Congratulations Rock yay i am so happy for you.

I don't know what is wrong with me at the moment i seem to be all over the place. My brain doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Just found out 2 more people are pregnant that is 4 now smile its pregnancy fever around here.

crazycatlady82 Wed 06-Feb-13 06:59:23

Hey melody <waves>

It's so exciting we will be due to poas at the same time smile

I just can't wait to know, probably because its my first month of not trying to avoid getting pregnant, well ever. I do hope the tww gets easier though or until I so get upduffed is going to be a monthly case of really being crazy!

Off for breakfast smile

Hey guys , can I join?

Am a serial lurker have been TTC since June 2012 and now decided its time to try the JS way!

So ....

Name : babyiwantabump
Dc's: 1 DD age 8
TTC : since June 2012
BFP due : 14th feb

Congrats to those who have their BFP !! And FX to all those on 2ww

Welcome babyiwant I'll be due bfp (definatly not ertd!) on 14th too! and at least 2 are due the 13th weird how we are synchronizing out cycles like women thay live together! Absolutly not a sign of too much time spent on mn! grin I ordered some ic's yesterday but will try and fail to hold out as long as possible and definatly not symptom spot!

Bearface Wed 06-Feb-13 10:57:51

Hi Baby and CrazyCat - welcome! Baby - that's a long time to lurk! Glad you've delurked now though.

threeblondies - I'm in that camp too! I'll be testing on 14th/15th.

Poor DH hasn't been well at all, so we've only DTD three times! Not sure it'll give us enough chances but really hoping so. Feel like I need something to change in my life - either a BFP or a new job as I feel like I'm just drifting along ATM. Or maybe it's just because it's rainy today that I feel a bit hmm?

Bearface Wed 06-Feb-13 15:17:12

Well, it's stopped raining here. DH got his second SA results back today and they have said that (for the second time) they are borderline. They seem to be on the right side of borderline though. He's really upset and I think he's blaming himself for us not being able to conceive. sad Except he keeps saying he's alright, but I know he's not. I don't know what to do to help him. I've tried reassuring him that it should be okay. Even the doctor when he saw him for the first set of results said it could be a lot worse and it may just take longer than expected. Not sure what to do. sad The doctor is off sick so he can't even book an appointment to discuss with him.

Glad the rain has stopped Bear I'm generally much happier when the suns shining! I'm sure MrBear will be ok once the news has sunk in (presuming he is like mine whose brain is a little laid back but catches up eventually) at least if u know there's a potential issue u can investigate ways to help nature take it's course (vitamins? positions when dtd etc?) it only takes 1 little swimmer! x

Bearface Wed 06-Feb-13 16:23:32

Yes, I'm sure he'll be fine too Threeblondies. Thanks for the advice.

fish88 Wed 06-Feb-13 17:20:04

Hello Baby <waves> This seems to be a lucky thread, so many BFPs! grin

MelodyHarmony Wed 06-Feb-13 19:34:11

ThreeBlondies, it's me and CrazyCat that are due on the 13th, then you and Baby on the 14th. Some BFPs on those days would be great Valentines presents eh?

Hi Baby welcome. We are all full of fun and slightly crazy. We try not to get stressed or highly-strung about JSing, symptoms and the 2ww easier said than done I think the support and the laughs really help to keep the whole thing lighthearted, we even have capes and a unicorn (although I've not heard much about him for a while).

Bear sorry to hear MrBear has had that news. I think that would really shake my DH up. It's a bit of a knock on a man's manhood, isn't it? Don't worry that you've only JSed three times though. I've conceived before on a very 'lean' month in the bedroom department, just one 'session'. I've only JSed twice at the right time this month. IT ONLY TAKES ONE LITTLE SPERMIE THOUGH!

Anyway, I'm off to choir rehearsals so I'll pop in again tomorrow to check up on you all. See if you can't find that unicorn please, someone, I miss him.

M x

cookielove Wed 06-Feb-13 21:34:14

I feel my heart hasn't been in it this month, my knees and back have been sore and we've only dtd a few times, even though i'm still somewhere in the middle of my cycle i can't help feeling this month 'whats the point' still mad at my body for tricking me i think.

Any way after this months ERTD i am gonna get my game face back on, wash my cape, and dtd like never before grin

Just had a little pick on skype with my sister and nephew he has the cutest laugh, such a sweetie pie!!

Bearface Wed 06-Feb-13 22:04:17

Thanks Melody - actually he's been alright since he got home from work. I think he was just a bit shocked but he's okay now. I'm counting on that one little spermie to get itself in the right place, but if it has happened it would have happened by now. So I'm just waiting til I can find out.

I feel like I've been on this fred for ages and ages now. I really wish it would just happen for me and DH. I know everyone wants it to happen obviously, but I feel like everyone (apart from Red - where are you Red?) I started on here with has graduated, but not me. Sigh. Sliding into self-pity - help me someone. Think it's because of DH's results. In need of a hooya or hand squeeze please?

BTW I think Gary took the unicorn away with her to the grads fred. Sorry Gary if it was someone else. Might have to go off and find a unicorn of my own somewhere . . .

MelodyHarmony Wed 06-Feb-13 22:07:04

Come on Cookie, dust that cape off and climb back on the shag wagon. What have you got to lose? You can do it.

Maybe you need a new cape to liven things up a bit. Can I temp you in this season's latest...? The peplum cape with leopard print lining. Sure to flatter any figure and with that added grrrrrr inside, what man could refuse?!

MelodyHarmony Wed 06-Feb-13 22:10:35

<hand squeezes a plenty> for you Bear. I know the stats have only just been posted but I have a head like a sieve... How long have you been on here? Are you the longest serving JSer? You have the crown, right?

Ok, off to hunt down my own unicorn then.

Rockchick1984 Thu 07-Feb-13 07:57:33

Bear and cookie (and red if you're still around) you need to get your BFP's and come graduate with me!! If you're still here by the end of the Fred, try to start the next one - everyone that's started a Fred has got their BFP shortly afterwards!! gives bear a sly cuddle when no one is watching

We decided to tell our parents - if anything goes wrong I'd want my mum and dad to know; and we couldn't tell my parents and not DH's. Going to book a scan around 8 weeks and if all seems good and there's a heartbeat then we will tell other family and friends - keeping it off Facebook as long as possible though!

Welcome to the new JSers! smile

notsoold Thu 07-Feb-13 09:43:58

Bear...don't give up! I have been lurking and posting ( sometimes) at this fred for sure since end of june and maybe even before that. Maybe I am of the oldest here hanging around and hoping? And if helps I am 41 already!!! smile
What I am trying to say is hang in there, ok???
Xxx

MelodyHarmony Thu 07-Feb-13 10:12:41

I think Baby and ThreeBlondies have both been TTC for some time too. I wish we didn't need lots of crowns for longest JSers but I might have to pop down to the market today to get some more plastic high quality tiaras for all you lovely ladies.

I've said it before repetitive cow but I can sympathise with the pain of waiting for a long time to get upduffed. My situation wasn't so desperate as I already had two DCs but it took 14 months to get upduffed with DC3. Just hang in there, keep JSing and try to relax. Mine happened when I was much less stressed about it all.

Must get my butt off the sofa - just drinking hot choc, eating biscuits, watching The Wright Stuff! Must clean upstairs, must clean upstairs, must clean upstairs...

I'm wearing purple today melody just in case u see a coordinating tiara! I'm drinking tea watching homes under the hammer, must clean kitchen and bathroom, must clean kitchen and bathroom!

I'm a lot more laid back this month, we dtd loads so there is no more I could do, no symptoms yet (not of course that I'm looking anyway!) maybe a bit cramping than usual, but last month I had imagined loads of symptoms and was a bit gutted! so definatly trying to be more chilled this month x

MelodyHarmony Thu 07-Feb-13 12:21:18

Purple tiara with pink insert jewels coming your way ThreeBlondies... Catch!

Homes Under the Hammer, I haven't watched that for ages, that might be tomorrow's viewing! Although it does rather remind me of the time I was off work when I'd had a miscarriage 8 years ago. I think I watched it every day for a week!

Is your kitchen and bathroom clean yet? I still haven't made it upstairs for any cleaning there, although I have dusted the lounge. I thought I could get on with that whilst watching TV!

I'm really trying my hardest NOT to look for any symptoms AT ALL this month. It just does my head in. This time next week I will know if I'm late or not. I just keep telling myself I can wait a week. I reckon ERTD will have me by this time next week anyway, we JSed on CD 10 and 12 and I'm pretty sure I ov'ed on CD15 so we may have been too early. Ho hum!

This thread is not accepting new messages.